The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Hoilett is still an option we couldn't turn down at this point. We give a lot of guys benefit of the doubt when it comes to bad form in leagues well well well below where Hoilett is. This guy would still be a huge addition to the CMNT pool and, in my opinion, a bonafide starter as most of the guys even in the wing position for us aren't really primarily wingers. Oso, Teibert, etc. these guys aren't out and out wingers.

Hoilett is still an option we couldn't turn down at this point. We give a lot of guys benefit of the doubt when it comes to bad form in leagues well well well below where Hoilett is. This guy would still be a huge addition to the CMNT pool and, in my opinion, a bonafide starter as most of the guys even in the wing position for us aren't really primarily wingers. Oso, Teibert, etc. these guys aren't out and out wingers.

100% agree.

And it annoys me to see them put there. It's basically setting them up to fail. 

• 1 month later...

I'll get mad at the guy if / when he switches. Until he does, he's just in limbo.

And fairplay to Madmonte, but to his point from a few months back "there' isn't the hex, "there" is the world cup.

If he joined in the Hex and helped us get "there", I doubt anyone would be that angered.

Dero could invite me if he wanted to... I'm sure being from the same region, they've met.

Just saying, testimonal matches normally have players playing with a strong connection to the retiree. More than just being from the same region.

You look at the names and all have a connection to Dero (save for the bachelor guy)

Ching (houston)

Kamara (houston)

koevermans (tfc)

dichio (tfc)

guevara (tfc)

stalteri (canmnt)

gerba (canmnt)

moreno (representing dc)

Galavais (bachelor star to get the females out lol)

Hoilett (??)

Also interesting that colombus is allowing kamara to play in this during the season.

Edited by king1010

Playing a soccer game in Canada can't hurt our chances.  Its just such a weird situation with Hoilett.  

When Jamaica made the Hex in 2013, they reached out to Hoilett and he still turned them down.  So maybe he's not a straight up World Cup glory hunter.  

I don't think it's because he can't make up his mind between Jamaica and Canada.  It shouldnt take you 6 years to make that decision.  

Its gotta be about money.  The only comparison is Radzinski.  He quit the CMNT in 1997 while still playing for Germinal Ekeren and did not return to the program until after he signed his big money multi million dollar contract with Everton, returning to World Cup Qualifiers at age 31.  

Perhaps at this stage, at 25 years old and back in the Championship, Hoilett will realize there is no big club big money contract in his future, and he will decide to play for Canada.

Just saying, testimonal matches normally have players playing with a strong connection to the retiree. More than just being from the same region.

You look at the names and all have a connection to Dero (save for the bachelor guy)

Ching (houston)

Kamara (houston)

koevermans (tfc)

dichio (tfc)

guevara (tfc)

stalteri (canmnt)

gerba (canmnt)

moreno (representing dc)

Hoilett (??)

Also interesting that colombus is allowing kamara to play in this during the season.

Columbus is playing the 19th, so Kamara is coming to the game directly after their match.  

As long as he's undecided, he can do as he pleases, and that includes testimonials.  Send him some Toronto love, and maybe he'll agree to play for Canada!

In the meantime, he's likely marketing himself for a new team, as I thought they were trying to unload him at QPR despite the relegation.

Would like to see Pesch come across for this game.  And what about DeVos or Forrest!  Or Brennan or Bent.  

Ching (houston)

Kamara (houston)

koevermans (tfc)

dichio (tfc)

guevara (tfc)

stalteri (canmnt)

gerba (canmnt)

moreno (representing dc)

Hoilett (??)

Okay but we're just speculating that DeRo and Hoilett don't know each other?

I'm guessing by him coming here that they do and that's why he's here. Not strange in the slightest.  It's a small community (being really good at footy from Toronto)

Edited by Califax

Ching (houston)

Kamara (houston)

koevermans (tfc)

dichio (tfc)

guevara (tfc)

stalteri (canmnt)

gerba (canmnt)

moreno (representing dc)

Hoilett (??)

Julian De Guzman, David Edgar, Simeon Jackson and Adrian Serioux will also be playing in this game.  

Okay but we're just speculating that DeRo and Hoilett don't know each other?

I'm guessing by him coming here that they do and that's why he's here. Not strange in the slightest.  It's a small community (being really good at footy from Toronto)

Still strange to me. He's the one that sticks out. Along with the Bachleor obviously. Maybe they are friends. Just seems we would've seen them together in Dero's social media or seomthing. The two are over 10 years apart and never played football on the same continent let alone the same team.

Could care less whose playing in it really though. Good for Dero, hope its a great send off.

Edited by king1010

What connection does Koevermans have to DeRo?  They never played on the same team.  Hoilett feels like a bit of a slap in the face.  To make it out for a testimonial but can't be there for the real thing?

No De Vos is understandable because he probably has TSN commitments.  No Forrest though?  Come on Craig!  

What connection does Koevermans have to DeRo?  They never played on the same team.  Hoilett feels like a bit of a slap in the face.  To make it out for a testimonial but can't be there for the real thing?

No De Vos is understandable because he probably has TSN commitments.  No Forrest though?  Come on Craig!  

There's more players to be announce later on.   

Danny K is a TFC guy, so I understand TFC asking Danny K to come out and support TFC to put out a testimonial game and help them  honour DeRo.