The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

The idea that Junior is holding out for an England call is purely speculation. As discussed on this board before the likely scenario is that similar to Cavalinni, Junior may not be interested in playing international football.

Hoilett speaking in the September 2014 issue of Shoot Magazine at page 19:

"The ex-Rover didn't budge on which country he was keen to represent - he's eligible to play for both Canada and Jamaica: "As a kid you dream of playing at international level, at the highest stage, and that's what I still want. it's great to travel around the world and play for your country""

http://issuu.com/sho...014_sample_mag 

"The ex-Rover didn't budge on which country he was keen to represent - he's eligible to play for both Canada and Jamaica: "As a kid you dream of playing at international level, at the highest stage, and that's what I still want. it's great to travel around the world and play for your country""

... Yes but which one Mr. Hoilett is YOUR COUNTRY.

He's made similar comments before yet he stills hasn't played any international football.

... Yes but which one Mr. Hoilett is YOUR COUNTRY.

I would suspect it would be the one with which you hold citizenship and issues you the passport which allows for all that great international travel. 

However, as we all are well aware of, that sort of reasoning doesn't apply to either FIFA or some certain individuals.

LOL.  Poor jr.  Feels like the guy just wants to play footie and doesn't need the hassle of international football but the Jamaican's and Canadian's won't give it a rest.  Of course you never know.  He can't be stupid enough not to realize he's got only one, maybe two WC cycles left in him (if he can stay healthy and merit it).  Sounds funny but at 20 something his biological clock is already ticking.  

Wonder how much Floro enters into some of these players thinking?  You get the impression this gaffer isn't allowing for any players to just "walk in" to the program anymore.  

I'll believe it when he's on the field, same as others.  It's nice to know he's considering it, but hell, after Julian talked about Jono...

LMAO Judas wearing a canMNT jacket being interviewed on the concourse of BMO field, his hometown,  during a WCQ for a WC in which he would go on to play in for the Netherlands.

Only in Canada soccer. 

Edited by king1010

I believed and still believe what Julian said was true. If we qualified for the hex, we would've seen both Jono, Jr and possibly Steven :) all come play for the red and white. The main issue was we shat the bed and laid in it.

Can't fault the man for living out his dreams. We sure weren't going to provide that.

I believed and still believe what Julian said was true. If we qualified for the hex, we would've seen both Jono, Jr and possibly Steven :) all come play for the red and white. The main issue was we shat the bed and laid in it.

Can't fault the man for living out his dreams. We sure weren't going to provide that.

I was kind of expecting Vitoria to join us regardless. Portugal isn't going to call him.

I fully believe it is true as well.  That is my problem with it, is it makes him a mercenary that sells out to the best offer.  Like said above me, sure we can.  It's VERY easy to fault him for that.

The dobber with the scoop.

For what its worth #CSA working diligently but quietly to try and bring David Hoilett on board. Problem; he's started just 4 games for #QPR.

I wouldn't say its a problem that he has only started 4 premier league games. We got guys who are unattached or haven't started any games in MLS being called to the team. Let alone only 4 Premier league starts this year.  

The dobber with the scoop.

For what its worth #CSA working diligently but quietly to try and bring David Hoilett on board. Problem; he's started just 4 games for #QPR.

I wouldn't say its a problem that he has only started 4 premier league games. We got guys who are unattached or haven't started any games in MLS being called to the team. Let alone only 4 Premier league starts this year.  

It's likely the other way around. Sure 4 games is good enough for us, but it's not good enough for his professional career. As in, he's only started 4 games, so he's in no position to leave his club and pursue international football until he cements some serious playing time somewhere somehow. 

It's likely the other way around. Sure 4 games is good enough for us, but it's not good enough for his professional career. As in, he's only started 4 games, so he's in no position to leave his club and pursue international football until he cements some serious playing time somewhere somehow. 

But we have lots of players who don't start yet show up camps. If it's an international window I dont see the problem. De Jong hasn't been a regular starter nor has Borjan but they are able to show. Even Edgar hasn't been starting as of late.

We've had it the other way around as well. Players start every game so the coach doesn't want to let him go. If Hoilett was starting every game the coach would say he wants to keep him because hes an every day starter.

When is it ever a good time for national team?

Edited by king1010

But what is good for Hoillett's career is the fact that he's made ~9 million since signing with QPR. Not exactly struggling to make ends meet...

The only difference between Hoilett and Cavallini is Cavallini has no other options.  Could be the reason Floro was so hard nosed with Cavallini.   If they play that game with Hoilett and he then goes to Jamaica...........     I totally agree that at some point you just write him off and never call him again but if they are close to getting him to commit then now may not be the time for the game of hardball.  In Cavallini's case they could without losing him to another nation.

wtf? if you're not getting playing time at your club, get the fuck out for Canada and play 90 mins, score some goals and voila! you're back in the starting XI at QPR.

It's not like leaving QPR during an int'l break means you're missing games there. I don't get the argument of "i need to focus on my club career" at all. 

wtf? if you're not getting playing time at your club, get the fuck out for Canada and play 90 mins, score some goals and voila! you're back in the starting XI at QPR.

It's not like leaving QPR during an int'l break means you're missing games there. I don't get the argument of "i need to focus on my club career" at all. 

Would you feel comfortable taking a hiatus from your job if you weren't performing up to the salary they were paying you?

Would you feel comfortable taking a hiatus from your job if you weren't performing up to the salary they were paying you?

Spurious question.  Most people who have ever worked a job think that their performance is at least on par with their pay.  Also, most people think that others are overpaid for what they do, regardless of their actual pay.  Especially when it comes to athletes.