The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

You know why we lost in the game that shall not be named?

Heart and pedigree. Junior might have some pedigree but he certainly doesn't have heart. Why beg for a player that's holding out for something better.

When we can really back up some young hungry stars in the making. OSORIO and TIEBERT to name a few, they are the true future. We have to reverse the curse that was placed on us by the player that also shall not be named. The only way to do that is if a local Canadian kid makes good in the pro ranks, one who desperately wants to succeed at the International by bleeding Red and White. 

That's why the GrassRoots coaching might be the most vital part to INternational Relevance.

not sure i get the piling on Hoilett. hopefully he comes around and wants to play for Canada. Wouldn't expect him to take a callup considering the situation we're in nationally (basically no relevant games for quite some time) and the fact that he has alot of work to do in his club career to get back to the esteemed position of where he was 2 years ago or so. Feels a little bit like kicking a guy when he's down.

When we can really back up some young hungry stars in the making. OSORIO and TIEBERT to name a few, they are the true future. We have to reverse the curse that was placed on us by the player that also shall not be named. The only way to do that is if a local Canadian kid makes good in the pro ranks, one who desperately wants to succeed at the International by bleeding Red and White. 

The curse is being still amateurs. Until CSA start developping players throught a professional football league, we will qualify to a WC.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'll say I think the piling on should be directed more at JDG2 than Hoilett, but neither is a shining example that we want younger players to follow. I say that references their decisions regarding the MNT rather than their pro careers. We should only hope that players who want to don the Red and White end up playing EPL football.

The reason people get pissed off is these guys don't act like men.  They jerk the fans around, tease, or don't come out and say anything, or worse lie.  JDG2 jerked us around for awhile but at least he had the cajones to become a Dutch citizen and make the break official.

I understand what's at stake financially in some cases, although I'm naive enough to think that shouldn't be why people play international soccer.  You make your money from the club and ancillary endorsements and you give something back by playing for your country.  Dinosaur thinking, I know.

Who do these guys owe?  The soccer moms who drive them to games when they're six years old, the volunteer coaches, the referees, volunteer league officials, people who care for the fields etc.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

• 5 weeks later...

Bluddy hell, 57 pages and counting - I really don't think he is that important.

He did not do particularly well at QPR this season. A lot of the fans don't think he is up to much and he apparently gives away possession too easily, but he has had some good matches for us and against Wigan on Monday in the play-off semi-final he made a good run into the area and was tripped to win the critical penalty equalizer near the end.

I really rated him when he played for Blackburn but now think he might not be any better than Will Johnson, for example, and if he ever chose us might not even be in the first eleven. And when he was on the pitch, I'm sure we would find a way to play him in his most ineffective position.

Would certainly strengthen the squad though.

considering Canada's dire depth at wing, even one legged Hoilett would be an improvement

• 4 weeks later...

I read my initial post and still believe in most of what I said. Rather than it pertaining to WCQ now, it pertains to our need to make at least the semi-finals in the upcoming Gold Cup so we make the Copa America. We need that injection of new blood into the squad again, especially if it adds potential starting XI players. We can all see that JDG2 is gone for good - and good riddance I hope he misses the World Cup fekin knob head - and I don't know of any other players who are playing English Championship/Premier League so in my opinion we still need him.

• 2 weeks later...

Fraser Aird and Hoillet are good first steps. Now lets go get Ferriera etc.

Ultimately it's up to the players themselves.  It's not about going and getting them because we've tried that for years.  Hopefully it's a domino effect just like the States and Jamaica had with foreigners joining them. 

The next big mountain is qualifying for the Copa America next summer... if they could do that they could probably land a couple guys like Ferreira, Masica or Vitoria who have other options. 

Not counting chickens, god knows we've been burned enought but Hoilett and Petrasso on the wings next summer would be as good as anybody in Concacaf.  If Tiba can maintain form for another year with Teibert, Johnson and Osorio already there that midfield is starting to look like one that could contend in the Gold Cup.  Future prospects on the horizon like Felipe, Piette and Aird and the middle of the park/wings is the deepest area of the team.

The d-line is not as good but it's ok.  Provided Borjan lands on his feet somewhere...

Just have the small task of digging up two strikers starting in a top division.  Enough pressure Jordan Hamilton and Cyle Larin?

Edited by Footscray

I think people tend to forget we have Lucas Cavallini he just doesn't come into camp that often because of the travel.

What was the name of that Italian youth player that Floro said he contacted? Edit Bryan Cristante

Edited by DigzTFC

Is there even credible evidence that Mascia is eligible for Canada? He wasn't born in Ottawa as wiki says (which was based on his transfermarkt profile saying he was born there which has since been corrected), and someone thought his mother was Canadian, but was that ever confirmed?

Oh ya.. mispelt for me, meant Mascia.  Sounds like he may not be Canadian though.... odd that transfermarkt made that connection somehow to begin with out of the blue.

Well hopefully Larsen is right on Hoilett anyway.  I am actually starting to feel positive about the program again for the first time since gold cup 07 with him and Aird potentially coming back, Piette and Petrasso's huge gains this year and Henry and Teibert emerging as MLS starters.

WilmHammerheads FC ‏@WilmHammerheads 4m @torontofc Starters v @WilmHammerheads - Konopka, Morgan Jackson, De Rosario, Hagglund, Osorio, Hamiliton, Hall, Wiedeman, Richter, Hoilett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armen Bedakian @ArmenBedakian 2m

So it *looks* like Junior Hoilett is starting for Toronto FC today against Wilmington Hammerheads. #TFC #MLS

WilmHammerheads FC ‏@WilmHammerheads 4m @torontofc Starters v @WilmHammerheads - Konopka, Morgan Jackson, De Rosario, Hagglund, Osorio, Hamiliton, Hall, Wiedeman, Richter, Hoilett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian 2m

So it *looks* like Junior Hoilett is starting for Toronto FC today against Wilmington Hammerheads. #TFC #MLS

EDIT: It is Jaineil.

Janel Hoilett is who they have listed. He has no number we are thinking he is

https://twitter.com/WilmHammerheads/status/479398467769753600

Edited by Blackdude