The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

I think this is why we should be happy and say thank you to the guys that always show for camps. Games that are quite often just friendlies, on the other side of the earth and during a time where their club teams actually want them present. Guys like Edgar, Hume (in the past), De Jong and many others whom I've understood were taken out of a starting XI once they came back to their clubs. And these are the guys playing in 2nd and 3rd tier. I could care less about players that may one day play for their countries. We need committed players day in and day out and I think the heart is often shown in the matches because we have selected players this way.

We won't always get the result we want. But if it's the best we could do and it's done with pride, then I am all for it. And one day, hopefully not too far from now, the pride will live inside ALL Canadian players and perhaps those who were once fringe guys will ALWAYS choose Canada!

So, thank you to all the Canadian first players!

Would you feel comfortable taking a hiatus from your job if you weren't performing up to the salary they were paying you?

Does anyone else besides Canadians who haven't suited up for the national team use this excuse?

and yeah, if I could go off and improve myself then I would take the hiatus. How can Jr showing up and playing 90 mins as one of the go-to guys hurt his club career. the excuse does not hold water. at all.

Would you feel comfortable taking a hiatus from your job if you weren't performing up to the salary they were paying you?

Or you could just be showing that you can do your job representing your firm worldwide when your company doesn't have a thing for you to do and you still get paid.

Edited by Blackdude

Playing for the National side can be hugely beneficial to a player's club career. Josh Simpson comes to mind in this regard, as does Begovic (barf).

And, if they aren't getting a lot of appearances for their club side, national team games can be good for them to get some game action at a high level. Also can generate a lot of exposure.

These excuses are becoming tiresome. Hopefully sometime soon we will have the depth to just say "okay, NEXT!"...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading between the lines of Dobber's statement.... perhaps it was his reason not to come to THIS camp, which was essentially a prospect camp, and Jr remains a prospect at the National level. I have no doubt that Floro didn't call several players simply because it was mid season. So, if Floro called him, for this camp, I can understand him not coming for the same reason that players like Atiba or Edgar weren't called, assuming they weren't, though if they refused, it makes no difference.

Which leads me to my next point. Assuming that Floro is willing to go with a semi-unknown quantity, what is Hoilett's excuse for the Gold Cup, or even, potentially the Venezuela game, if it happens? The latter falling very near the end of the Premier League season. If QPR are in a relegation fight, which they probably will be, I do not doubt that Jr. would turn down the call for the Venezuela game, as he should. Unless of course it has already been made known he has no place in the team, in which case he doesn't have much to lose.

But if Floro is willing to call him for the GC. Then essentially, if this Hoilett's only reason, then it becomes mute for the GC which happens after the season is over. What then?

In anycase, I think this is very slightly encouraging news. Though... not really much news, considering he has more or less been saying the same thing since day 1.

Edited by Wingback6

Reading between the lines of Dobber's statement.... perhaps it was his reason not to come to THIS camp, which was essentially a prospect camp, and Jr remains a prospect at the National level. I have no doubt that Floro didn't call several players simply because it was mid season. So, if Floro called him, for this camp, I can understand him not coming for the same reason that players like Atiba or Edgar weren't called, assuming they weren't, though if they refused, it makes no difference.

Which leads me to my next point. Assuming that Floro is willing to go with a semi-unknown quantity, what is Hoilett's excuse for the Gold Cup, or even, potentially the Venezuela game, if it happens? The latter falling very near the end of the Premier League season. If QPR are in a relegation fight, which they probably will be, I do not doubt that Jr. would turn down the call for the Venezuela game, as he should. Unless of course it has already been made known he has no place in the team, in which case he doesn't have much to lose.

But if Floro is willing to call him for the GC. Then essentially, if this Hoilett's only reason, then it becomes mute for the GC which happens after the season is over. What then?

In anycase, I think this is very slightly encouraging news. Though... not really much news, considering he has more or less been saying the same thing since day 1.

It has been mentioned by Duane Rollins that Junior may have chosen to rep Canada for the GC. Will he? Who knows. Either way it isn't that much of a loss that it was maybe 2-4 years ago with the wingers we have coming through currently.

It has been mentioned by Duane Rollins that Junior may have chosen to rep Canada for the GC. Will he? Who knows. Either way it isn't that much of a loss that it was maybe 2-4 years ago with the wingers we have coming through currently.

Well, that would be awesome... But not a loss? Name one Canadian playing his position at his level. Even though he isn't playing the same minutes he did for Blackburn, he is still miles beyond any other single winger we could field... pardon me kilometres.

Junior is and remains one of the 2 or 3 best active players who could suit up for us.  We'd have to welcome him with open arms because he'd bring a quality to the team that we really don't have.  He's quite a bit better than any other winger or forward that is available to us unless we have any other wingers with 17 goals and 16 assists in the EPL?

It's not like he's over the hill or anything.  He's still only 24 years old and in his 5th EPL season (plus 1 season in the Championship)

Edited by baulderdash77

Junior is and remains one of the 2 or 3 best active players who could suit up for us.  We'd have to welcome him with open arms because he'd bring a quality to the team that we really don't have.  He's quite a bit better than any other winger or forward that is available to us unless we have any other wingers with 17 goals and 16 assists in the EPL?

It's not like he's over the hill or anything.  He's still only 24 years old and in his 5th EPL season (plus 1 season in the Championship)

He's an odd one. Sometimes QPR fans say he's great and adds a good attacking dimension, other time they say he can't cross for crap and is a liability.

Looks to me like its gold cup or bust. From all the rumours I hear he's considering... Or people are hoping he is at least. I've read via dobson that the Csa are really trying to get him in and there's really no excuse for him not to come. The only plausible explanation if he doesn't show is that he just doesn't want to play. Simple as that.

'arry has seemed to imply that he can leave in the January window, but little has been made of it.  He needs a change of scenery, and he needs to be getting playing time week in and week out.  QPR return to the Championship would be best for him, otherwise, it would seem he would be free to leave at the end of season. 

Only Leicester rumors have been made

Certainly he could be of use to our MNT if he ever decided to show up, I have my doubts! He has basically been a flop at QPR and it's not like he hasn't been given ample opportunities, I'm not sure if it's the large contract or just not being in the right club situation but whatever it is he clearly has regressed from his days at Blackburn when he was holding out hope to play for England, he can't cross and loses the ball in bad positions! Maybe a stint with Canada is what he needs to revive his fading career, I expect him out of QPR soon if any club will pick up his huge wage!