Camp Poutine 24'

Shway

33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The problem is that Christine Sinclair retirement friendlies will draw over 35,000 to BC Place.  A men’s friendly against a non big name opponent will not.  Also it’s a very different demographic that goes to women’s games.  

I think that’s fine Al - and I recognize that the retirement of our country’s greatest player is a unique situation.  

But let’s not reference the concept of equity as being the driver in decision making if it is really about the business case.  The rationale of equity cant only be invoked when it benefits one side of the equation.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think that’s fine Al - and I recognize that the retirement of our country’s greatest player is a unique situation.  

But let’s not reference the concept of equity as being the driver in decision making if it is really about the business case.  The rationale of equity cant only be invoked when it benefits one side of the equation.   

I don’t disagree.  I’m just saying that the women don’t have as many competitive matches as the men and the larger number of friendlies might make up for the gap.

On 11/26/2023 at 9:35 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Iceland...face Honduras on Wednesday, January 17th

Honduras officially confirm this.

---

The rumour is El Salvador have invited Inter Miami to San Salvador in January so that their National Team can play against Messi. :D

Edit: Not just a rumour, actually confirmed.

https://www.intermiamicf.com/news/inter-miami-cf-to-face-el-salvador-national-team-during-2024-preseason

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but Sweden is seemingly ruled out as an opponent. They have their own plans which involve a training camp in Cyprus and a friendly with Estonia, beginning on Jan 12th:

image.thumb.png.a45fd456358e587731b8a349fda93fcc.png

Interesting that two teammates of Marco Bustos have been selected in this domestic/scandanavian Swedesh squad. 

Makes me wonder if Bustos has done enough to earn a camp poutine invite..

49 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but Sweden is seemingly ruled out as an opponent. They have their own plans which involve a training camp in Cyprus and a friendly with Estonia, beginning on Jan 12th:

image.thumb.png.a45fd456358e587731b8a349fda93fcc.png

Interesting that two teammates of Marco Bustos have been selected in this domestic/scandanavian Swedesh squad. 

Makes me wonder if Bustos has done enough to earn a camp poutine invite..

Season has been over for a while, September until the end of season saw him make two 89th minute appearances. Might not be fit but could be a chance to showcase himself if he is on the move again. 

21 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

I am pretty sure that the CSA made a healthy profit from the 48,000 + fans who attended Christine Sinclair (BC) Place on Tuesday to watch the CWNT defeat Australia. Hopefully, the CSA will use some of that money for a Camp Poutine and a friendly or two in January!

All that money has to go to back in the CWNT or they riot. 

Iceland confirm their friendlies against Guatemala and Honduras:

https://www.ksi.is/um-ksi/frettir/frettasafn/frett/2023/12/04/Vinattuleikir-hja-A-karla-i-januar/

- - - - -

Orlando City are playing a club friendly at the big Football 🏈 stadium on Saturday, January 27th, which may even open up their regular stadium to a rental:

https://www.orlandocitysc.com/news/orlando-city-sc-to-open-new-year-against-brazilian-giants-flamengo-on-january-27

18 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Anyone heard talk that Mason Greenwood might join Jamaica?

Heimir Hallgrímsson has revealed that he is going to England this month to speak to players. He did not reveal the names of those he was travelling to see.

He also mentioned that Jamaica is making plans for their own domestic-focused camp in Jamaica in January with the possibility of 1 or 2 games in late January or even maybe early February.

Will teams travel to Jamaica? Will Jamaica fly to Miami? It's not clear.

17 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Heimir Hallgrímsson has revealed that he is going to England this month to speak to players. He did not reveal the names of those he was travelling to see.

He also mentioned that Jamaica is making plans for their own domestic-focused camp in Jamaica in January with the possibility of 1 or 2 games in late January or even maybe early February.

Will teams travel to Jamaica? Will Jamaica fly to Miami? It's not clear.

I just wish we were rich with resources like Jamaica. Can you imagine? Going to Europe to grab duals while simultaneously holding an all-domestic camp complete with two friendlies. 

We are truly an underprivileged soccer nation.

11 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

How is it that Jamaica can recruit every English player ?

It seems like this is the case, but it's never their first choice. Majority commit at ages when they know their England career possibility is absolutely done-done. 

Antonio gave up his, and committed past the age of 30. Likewise for Kemar Roofe at 28, Andre Gray at 29 or 30, Demarai Gray at 27, Bobby Reid at 27,
Daniel Johnson who was born and lived in Jamaica committed when he was 27 and the list goes on...think Scott, Steven, or David for us. 

The younger guys like Lembisika, Russell, and Bernard are a result of a change in approach from the JFF in targeting younger guys with little to no English caps earlier....think Luc, and Jamie.

The strong difference is that amount of options they have vs what we do. 

Also if they get Greenwood, this would be revolutionary from the fact they haven't got an EPL player at that age. 

10 hours ago, Shway said:

It seems like this is the case, but it's never their first choice. Majority commit at ages when they know their England career possibility is absolutely done-done. 

Antonio gave up his, and committed past the age of 30. Likewise for Kemar Roofe at 28, Andre Gray at 29 or 30, Demarai Gray at 27, Bobby Reid at 27,
Daniel Johnson who was born and lived in Jamaica committed when he was 27 and the list goes on...think Scott, Steven, or David for us. 

The younger guys like Lembisika, Russell, and Bernard are a result of a change in approach from the JFF in targeting younger guys with little to no English caps earlier....think Luc, and Jamie.

The strong difference is that amount of options they have vs what we do. 

Also if they get Greenwood, this would be revolutionary from the fact they haven't got an EPL player at that age. 

Well, Greenwood did set his chances of a long international career with England on fire, himself. It's not like he's considering Jamaica over England. He knows he'll never represent England and that Jamaica will overlook the massive amounts of baggage.

On 12/10/2023 at 2:57 AM, nolando said:

I just wish we were rich with resources like Jamaica. Can you imagine? Going to Europe to grab duals while simultaneously holding an all-domestic camp complete with two friendlies. 

We are truly an underprivileged soccer nation.

Well didnt they save a bunch of cash by not paying the womens team???  I guess they dont have all those pesky equality problems down there.  

29 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well didnt they save a bunch of cash by not paying the womens team???  I guess they dont have all those pesky equality problems down there.  

The women protested and got their money. Surprisingly it didn't last long. They were probably only asking for 10K meanwhile our players were asking for 100k.