Camp Poutine 24'

Shway

19 hours ago, Obinna said:

2021 - held camp but DNP

19 hours ago, Obinna said:

2021?

The 2021 Camp Poutine was supposed to involve a match vs the USA but that got cancelled.

59 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

This camp should be somewhere in warm weather so I'm not sure how that would work

We can piggyback off of the USA again and play a team that they invite in Florida or California.

The Honduran coach Rueda is looking to play a friendly in January:

"El seleccionador de Honduras, Reinaldo Rueda, declaró que está trabajando para concretar un amistoso en el mes de enero del 2024 como preparación para el partido de repechaje.

Cabe destacar que el juego no se llevaría a cabo en Fecha FIFA, por lo que para este fogueo, la Bicolor no contaría con los legionarios que militan en Europa, pero sí con los de la MLS."

https://www.diez.hn/amp/laseleccion/honduras-costa-rica-repechaje-copa-america-fecha-sede-concacaf-cruces-JC16367385

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

I wish we had the kind of funds that would allow us to hold camps where we could just have Canada Red vs Canada White and integrate a ton of new/fringe players.  I still think it is too bad we don’t (or can’t afford to) do this with NA-based MLS and CPL players in the off season as a way of getting a look at a ton more guys and getting them connected to the program.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wish we had the kind of funds that would allow us to hold camps where we could just have Canada Red vs Canada White and integrate a ton of new/fringe players.  I still think it is too bad we don’t (or can’t afford to) do this with NA-based MLS and CPL players in the off season as a way of getting a look at a ton more guys and getting them connected to the program.  

I like that but for me it would be more of a training thing. They could do a lot with it like stream it to fans. Even if they make it exclusive and pay per view I think a lot of hardcore fans (myself included) would dish out a bit of coin to get that behind the scenes access. All moot tho because it would never happen...not in my lifetime at least :(

In an ideal world where the CSA is doing well financially we could call a 30-man squad and do a RED vs White game so we could get a real look at the depth, but then I would want to trim the squad and play an actual friendly match at the end of the window...personally.

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

Train in the southern US then go down to Honduras for a match against their domestic team?

We definitely could do worse than that!

I'm tellin' ya! It'll be a closed door scrimmage against the Tampa Bay Rowdies or against Florida State. It will end 1-1, but there will be "lots of positives".

Seriously though, a matuch against Cuba or Honduras or the USA would be ideal.

Edited by Stoppage Time
add

On 11/23/2023 at 12:15 PM, Obinna said:

Here is what I want to see:

GK - Crepeau, St. Clair, Sirois

D - Lareyea, McGraw, MacNaugton, Waterman, Miller, Cornelius, Adekugbe, Heibert

M - Choniere, Saliba, Piette, Ahmed, *Hoilett, Fraser, Bombito

F - Russel-Rowe, Kerr, Schaffleburg, Nelson, Pacius

Is there room for another young CPL player to highlight that league? How about Matteo de Brienne, the U-21 player of the year?

On 11/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, Obinna said:

Here is what I want to see:

GK - Crepeau, St. Clair, Sirois

D - Lareyea, McGraw, MacNaugton, Waterman, Miller, Cornelius, Adekugbe, Heibert

M - Choniere, Saliba, Piette, Ahmed, *Hoilett, Fraser, Bombito

F - Russel-Rowe, Kerr, Schaffleburg, Nelson, Pacius

I like it, but just to showcase our domestic depth now here is a squad of players not selected based off yours:

GK - Gavran, Pantemis, Hasal

D - ZBG, Franklin, Edwards, Nimick, Stevanovic, James, Petrasso

M - Priso, Osorio, Kaye, Zouhir, JMR, Raposo, Thompson, Teibert

F - Cavallini, Vilsaint, Akinola, Cambridge, Oluwaseyi 

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I like it, but just to showcase our domestic depth now here is a squad of players not selected based off yours:

No need for Teibert, Akinola, Pantemis, or Osorio at this time, I think. Add Nelson, Saliba, M. Choiniere, Ahmed, Bombito, and Sirois.

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Great perspective.  We've come a long way.

4 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Is there room for another young CPL player to highlight that league? How about Matteo de Brienne, the U-21 player of the year?

Definitely think De Brienne should be there as well as Cameron seeing as how he's on a tour of EPL clubs right now.  I think cherry picking a few of the top young talents out of the CPL is important.

Edit: wish there was room for Yesli as well, but too many top quality keepers in MLS right now.

Edited by El Hombre

Iceland are looking to have a January camp:

https://www.visir.is/g/20232493738d/-ge-hefur-tru-a-is-landi-i-um-spilinu-i-fot-bolta-er-ekkert-o-mogu-legt-

According to DeporteTotalUSA Iceland will travel to Ft. Lauderdale and face Guatemala on Saturday, January 13th and face Honduras on Wednesday, January 17th:

https://deportetotalusa.com/honduras-y-guatemala-se-mediran-ante-islandia/

Apparently Honduras are looking for a second opponent; Colombia and Peru are named in the article as possibilities. Colombia seems unlikely to me since they are already doing a December camp in the USA:

https://www.diez.hn/amp/laseleccion/honduras-disputara-amistoso-contra-seleccion-europea-para-preparar-repechaje-a-copa-america-confirman-fecha-y-sede-CN16392198

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille