CNL: Canada vs Honduras - Tuesday, March 28th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Toronto

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

JD takes them all the time.  

I know he handed Larin the ball but I really wish Herdman would have put his foot down and designated JD.  

I really wish JD would put his foot down and want to take them. How is a coach going to let a player who doesn't want to take the pk take them

1 minute ago, shorty said:

I wish Buchanan and Phonzie could learn more of the quick one-touch play from Osorio. If they ever learned to pull off the simple one-twos at speed instead of going to the stepovers all the time they would be unstoppable. 

There have been several of these from Davies in this game, and Davies set up Osorio for his one-two with Larin on the first goal by quickly dribbling, eliminating two defenders, and laying the ball off.

Despite still doing too much at times there’s no hiding the excitement when the ball is on Davies feet.

Has anyone noticed any awkwardness between him and Kone?  I might be reading into it too much but it doesn’t seem like Davies wants to pass him the ball.

We are definitely more of a team than the USA are. They have a talent and depth advantage, but our team IQ is so much higher. We play to our potential so consistently, it seems, and we have the two best players in the confederation, one of which (Davies) is basically unstoppable. Just feels like we have truly arrived in concacaf. 

4 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

I really wish JD would put his foot down and want to take them. How is a coach going to let a player who doesn't want to take the pk take them

David isn’t a strong personality who makes waves. He’s the guy who does what is asked of him. It shouldn’t be on David to push for the pk job. It should be on Herdman to do his job and pick a pk taker.

5 minutes ago, shorty said:

I wish Buchanan and Phonzie could learn more of the quick one-touch play from Osorio. If they ever learned to pull off the simple one-twos at speed instead of going to the stepovers all the time they would be unstoppable. 

The funny thing is Phonzie does those one-touch passes all the time at Bayern. His play slows way down for Canada.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Despite still doing too much at times there’s no hiding the excitement when the ball is on Davies feet.

Has anyone noticed any awkwardness between him and Kone?  I might be reading into it too much but it doesn’t seem like Davies wants to pass him the ball.

Maybe in the dressing room Kone said that he was a big fan of Leroy Sane 😉

Much like Sniff and the Tears, we are in the driver's seat at the half.

5 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I've been a Kennedy skeptic to date, and to be fair the opponent hasn't been the strongest, but that was a fantastic first half from him.

Ditto. I was wrong about him being not suited for the center. He's definitely proving otherwise and his recovery speed is a great asset.

Edited by Obinna