Friendly - Canada vs Uruguay - Tuesday, September 27th - 12 pm Eastern / 9 am Pacific

narduch

A 4-3-3 feels like it would be a lot more suitable in this type of matchup. We have the speed and playmaking to make use of the wings, we need the extra man to deal with the midfield pressure. Buchanan (when healthy) and Davies blazing up the side like in the Mexico away qualifier, with a third midfielder to help win key battles.

This game is a case study in why I said I am a bit terrified about the idea of playing Croatia and Belgium.   We have no baseline for comparing ourselves against top teams and this game is showing us the kind of quality we will be facing.  I know we have come a long way but it is crazy to pretend that every other top nation is the world won’t be just as aggressively preparing for the WC.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

This game is a case study in why I said I am a bit terrified about the idea of playing Croatia and Belgium.   We have no baseline for comparing ourselves against top teams and this game is showing us the kind of quality we will be facing.  I know we have come a long way but it is crazy to pretend that every other top nation is the world won’t be just as aggressively preparing for the WC.  

Great test.  Everything has to be done quicker and when you get a chance, there is more pressure because it might not come again. 

For me way we are lined up is mistaken. We are not taking advantage of our virtues 

We'd do much better with Davies taking the wing and Adekugbe hanging back to support the back line. Sam does not get to the endline and Davies is not an attacking mid: those praising him here, he's not been effective. It is just improvised training ground stuff.

Then Davies only appears as a mid in the final third, he's not playing the position in the rest of the pitch. So Stephan and Piette are alone in the middle. Adekugbe can't support them, and Laryea plain doesn't. The whole right side, Johnston, Laryea, Larin, is poor.

5 minutes ago, ESG Shawn said:

Davies is ridiculous. He's creating space all over the final third. We've got a goal in us. Despite the score, I am encouraged. We can hang with the big boys. 

Imagine Tajon doing the same on the opposite wing..