Tom Holmes

Atlantic

6 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

We're going to find out if he plays against Uruguay!

True, but this is the first call up in years without Luís Suárez. Then Cavani is in decline. True, they have some good CBs in the air who could hurt us with headers. Just saying, it is not the most dangerous Uruguay in attack, but what I like about that friendly is that they play in tension and competitively for 90 minutes.

Also, if they are taking 40 to the camp in Austria, that means guys are competing for a spot. Goes both ways: either we could find ourselves against some guys less proven, or they could all be playing their guts out and putting a foot in, meaning Richie is going to have to take three or four cards in his mean stare role.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

True, but this is the first call up in years without Luís Suárez. Then Cavani is in decline. True, they have some good CBs in the air who could hurt us with headers. Just saying, it is not the most dangerous Uruguay in attack, but what I like about that friendly is that they play in tension and competitively for 90 minutes.

Also, if they are taking 40 to the camp in Austria, that means guys are competing for a spot. Goes both ways: either we could find ourselves against some guys less proven, or they could all be playing their guts out and putting a foot in, meaning Richie is going to have to take three or four cards in his mean stare role.

Is Darwin Nunez not going to be there?

6 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

Is Darwin Nunez not going to be there?

Is he any good ;) ?

No, you are right. But usually Uruguay is a tough team first, physical and competitive. Then you add the talent of strikers, who often are physically powerful as well. I was thinking they may have dropped a bit but I am probably not right.

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I am also very confused. Someone should ask Herdman what he is talking about.

I guess the grandma could be Canadian but not born there.

"His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant association;"

I was also wrong it was Sept 2020 the big changes came.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 minute ago, RS said:

Guy got shit on and was proven correct.

I'd give it back a little too.

I'd agree if that wasn't his normal posting style. I know having to live and die in social media these days is tough, but I can do without, "as I told you" most every post.  My club has bunch that do it too - I just want the information.