Jordan Knight

VinceA

19 Year Old FW from Brampton, Ontario.

Played at Athlete Institute Football Club from Mono, Ontario and then was with Columbus Crew's academy and has trained with the first team.

Signed with CC 2 on March 2.

https://www.massivereport.com/2022/3/2/22958559/columbus-crew-2-adds-two-new-attacking-pieces-nana-tuffour-jordan-knight-mls-next-pro-2022

Looks like we missed this one. Anyone know anything about him, or this Athlete Institute FC?

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

19 Year Old FW from Brampton, Ontario.

Played at Athlete Institute Football Club from Mono, Ontario and then was with Columbus Crew's academy and has trained with the first team.

Signed with CC 2 on March 2.

https://www.massivereport.com/2022/3/2/22958559/columbus-crew-2-adds-two-new-attacking-pieces-nana-tuffour-jordan-knight-mls-next-pro-2022

Looks like we missed this one. Anyone know anything about him, or this Athlete Institute FC?

Athlete Institute is primarily known for their partnership with Orangeville Prep School. They've created the most ambitious youth basketball program in the country, pulling together mostly Canadian high school super teams that rival/compete with American AAU programs. NBA players like Jamal Murray, Thon Maker, Lu Dort + a few others have already been through the Athletes Institute ranks over the past decade.

It looks like Athletes Institute FC operates under the same group but has not been operating as long as the basketball program. Their website mentions education, so I wonder if the soccer side of things maintains the same relationship with Orangeville Prep School.

Edited by Pottsy3

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I know absolutely nothing about him except that I already rate him because he's from Brampton. 🤣🤣

Yeah, but he also shares a name with a New Kid on the Block, so you win some, you lose some, I guess.

That may just be for me though as I may just have residual PTSD of being a Jordan at the height of NKOTB fame.

Athlete Institute has been churning out some pretty high level basketball players and sending many of them to elite NCAA programs (and even a few to the NBA) for a while now.  Notable alums include Oshae Brissett, Lu Dort & Jamal Murray.

I didn't realize they had a soccer program.   

35 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Athlete Institute has been churning out some pretty high level basketball players and sending many of them to elite NCAA programs (and even a few to the NBA) for a while now.  Notable alums include Oshae Brissett, Lu Dort & Jamal Murray.

I didn't realize they had a soccer program.   

The soccer program is relatively new but they have ambitions to make it on the same level as their basketball one. 

The Athlete Institute soccer program is a member of the Simcoe County Rovers group (Julian De Guzman's Barrie team). They played in the L1O Reserve Division last year and won their division. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_League1_Ontario_season

Edited by rydermike
Mention that rogram I was talking about was Athlete Institute

16 hours ago, rydermike said:

The soccer program is a member of the Simcoe County Rovers group (Julian De Guzman's Barrie team). They played in the L1O Reserve Division last year and won their division. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_League1_Ontario_season

Interesting that it states they played primarily at The Hill Academy. The Hill is another school that is prominent for their athletics, but more specifically for hockey and lacrosse. A lot of players from The Hill move onto collegiate athletics but they've also bred a few NHLers like Mitch Marner.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, El Hombre said:

Yeah, but he also shares a name with a New Kid on the Block, so you win some, you lose some, I guess.

That may just be for me though as I may just have residual PTSD of being a Jordan at the height of NKOTB fame.

Hopefully this Jordan truly has ... the right stuff!

Edited by BearcatSA

• 2 years later...
58 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Left back or right back? If he’s a left back and starts getting solid MLS minutes, that could really help with depth.

And if he's a right back and starts getting solid MLS minutes that's going to hurt depth?

4 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Left back or right back? If he’s a left back and starts getting solid MLS minutes, that could really help with depth.

Operates up and down the entire left side (LB/LM/LW)