Lukas MacNaughton

PiedPilko

On 3/12/2024 at 11:32 AM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I respect him embracing the heel turn😉.

HAHA, heel turn?? My CB stomps a guy on other team.....BABYFACE all the way.  Besides when did Messi become the universal hero?  I guess McN just didnt stomp him hard enough, he recovered and sank them tonight.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

HAHA, heel turn?? My CB stomps a guy on other team.....BABYFACE all the way.  Besides when did Messi become the universal hero?  I guess McN just didnt stomp him hard enough, he recovered and sank them tonight.  

LuMac, if you please. 😄 

9 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

👀

He did get turned in circles on the first one, and was not great on the others either. 

Since there is weak defensive support in MLS in general, you can't individualize too much, the errors look individual, but almost always there is a mid in the wrong place not helping at all. Like on the 3rd, think it was, no one pressured Suárez on the pass at all. Very typical in MLS.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately he was stretchered off with what looked like could be a bad injury.  He struggled tonight against a Messi.  Got beat by Messi on the dribble on the buildup for the first goal.   He got turned by Messi on another where Messi hit the post.  Received a yellow card for a lunge at Suarez which appears to be when LM injured himself.

He did make a beautiful goal line clearance after his goalie made a terrible giveaway.  Unfortunately, it was that corner that put Miami up 2-1.

Nashville posted Lukas MacNaughton as their Man of the Match.  Considering how he played and the fact he only played 51 minutes also has me worried they know it could be bad because there’d be no reason why to give him the MoM.

Edited by Corazon

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Unfortunately he was stretchered off with what looked like could be a bad injury.  He struggled tonight against a Messi.  Got beat by Messi on the dribble on the buildup for the first goal.   He got turned by Messi on another where Messi hit the post.  Received a yellow card for a lunge at Suarez which appears to be when LM injured himself.

He did make a beautiful goal line clearance after his goalie made a terrible giveaway.  Unfortunately, it was that corner that put Miami up 2-1.

Shame. His was a fun story to follow.

12 hours ago, nolando said:

Shame. His was a fun story to follow.

Indeed, something you'd see on Crave or Netflix. Hopefully he gets back to it but he did look in pain when he got stretchered off.

Edited by Macksam

15 hours ago, Corazon said:

Nashville posted Lukas MacNaughton as their Man of the Match.  Considering how he played and the fact he only played 51 minutes also has me worried they know it could be bad because there’d be no reason why to give him the MoM.

Besides the two f*ck ups against Messi, one which resulted in the goal and the other that was off the post, I thought he was pretty good, looks like he belongs, he dispossessed Suarez a couple times...yeah, Luis is old but he's still a baller no doubt. I think he would be great to bring to Copa but let's see how bad this injury is. 

On 4/21/2024 at 7:31 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sounds like "he's trying to get something out of nothing"

Why do the greatest players, have the absolute worst fans? To see so many people gloating about an injury baffles me

2 hours ago, nolando said:

Someone on reddit is claiming it was a very serious break, and he'll be out at least 4 or 5 months.

4-5 months sounds better than anything i've read to date.  All I've read is "seems very serious", "difficult situation", "long term".  By the sounds of it I was assuming 12 months minimum kind of thing.

12 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Why do the greatest players, have the absolute worst fans? To see so many people gloating about an injury baffles me

It's only because that's exactly what he said after sticking his leg recklessly into Messi. 

In a press conference. Gloating like fuck, smug as shit. Just watch it, it's a few posts up. Pathetic.

He's the professional, not me. If he had the maturity of a 16 year old he would have shut his trap. 

I'm not the only one thinking exactly the same thing. In fact you can be sure he's thinking it too.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist