York United - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

On 4/9/2022 at 12:00 AM, Kent said:

So York 9/United have gotten the first red card in 2019 and 2022. Does anybody remember if we got the first red in 2020 or 2021? Is this our thing?

I did some background checking, and it seems like it took until the 4th last game of the Winnipeg kickoff for a red card to finally come out. The first 2021 red card was given to Atletico Ottawa's Ben McKendry (first of two for ATO in a 4-2 loss to Pacific).

At the island games in 2020, it only took until the second match for a red card to be shown and it was once again to Atletico Ottawa. Vashon Neufville received the first red card in 2020, in Ottawa's debut match 2-2 versus York.

6 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I did some background checking, and it seems like it took until the 4th last game of the Winnipeg kickoff for a red card to finally come out. The first 2021 red card was given to Atletico Ottawa's Ben McKendry (first of two for ATO in a 4-2 loss to Pacific).

At the island games in 2020, it only took until the second match for a red card to be shown and it was once again to Atletico Ottawa. Vashon Neufville received the first red card in 2020, in Ottawa's debut match 2-2 versus York.

Oh wow, so this was actually an Ottawa thing since they had done it in each of their 2 years before this season, but we brought it back. Now we are tied. Will these teams continue to dominate in this regard? Or will it continue to be an Ontario only thing?

21 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

When players have a choice between comparable rival contract offers York should have the inside track on players from the GTA:

York now has a roster of 25 players. With Ricci now signed what 2 players will be release....i thought CPL clubs were only allowed to have 23 players signed.

And where was Petrasso tonight ?

I wasn't at the game tonight, just watched it on OneSoccer, but it seems to me York United need a new DJ at home games. I have mixed feelings about the Boba Fett theme being used before the game, but I have strong feelings against the DJ trying to make the Venga Boys for goal celebrations being a thing.

Nice win tonight, DJ issues aside.

Tonight was "student night" and tickets were 10$  I know a decent amount of people that went because of it. The student price should be permanent it must better to consistently sell discounted tickets especially considering the beers and pies that'll inevitably get purchased and try to boost attendance.

1 hour ago, ATM said:

York now has a roster of 25 players. With Ricci now signed what 2 players will be release....i thought CPL clubs were only allowed to have 23 players signed.

And where was Petrasso tonight ?

Ricci is the 23rd rostered player, Catalano is developmental which doesn't count and Graiciar had a season ending injury, allowing them to sign Ricci.

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Surprise surprise has probably missed more games with injuries than he has actually played . Don’t see this player playing past this season unfortunately , how much longer can he go on especially at this level when injuries seem to follow him around and can’t seem to get any consistent amount of games in .

3 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Surprise surprise has probably missed more games with injuries than he has actually played . Don’t see this player playing past this season unfortunately , how much longer can he go on especially at this level when injuries seem to follow him around and can’t seem to get any consistent amount of games in .

The Brett Levis of York.....

........he wishes 😛 

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

he played more games than anyone last season with his loan at barnet

Thoughts from the game a couple days ago. Nice to see Osaze score again. The second goal for Ottawa was really worrying. Abzi needs to work on his right foot. If he was comfortable with his right foot, he doesn't pass that backwards and give Ballou a breakaway. Forgive me if I'm wrong in thinking he is very, right footed, but if I am right in thinking it's quite extreme, that's the kind of gap in his game that could keep him out of a league the calibre of MLS. If it results in goals against that is.