York United - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

Very interesting on the timeline, he joined Campbelltown July 1st so he dropped a level there...played 80 minutes on July 2nd and then this moved is announced today...so it was only done in the last few days
https://websites.mygameday.app/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=71712574&c=0-10180-0-599098-0&pool=1

27 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Very interesting on the timeline, he joined Campbelltown July 1st so he dropped a level there...played 80 minutes on July 2nd and then this moved is announced today...so it was only done in the last few days
https://websites.mygameday.app/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=71712574&c=0-10180-0-599098-0&pool=1

The A-League and NPL basically run inverse schedules with the A-League running from November until May, and NPL running from the spring until fall. Campbelltown is in his hometown, so you wonder if that move was always planned to be a short-term stint to stay fresh while looking elsewhere. That level is semi-pro.

Why bring in players like this? Compare and contrast with the approach of Pacific FC. York United need to find someone like Bobby Smyrniotis who can steer more of the better Golden Horseshoe prospects in their direction. Not sure if Carmine Isacco would have been the answer but don't think the combo of Angus MacNab and Martin Nash is the way to go.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Why bring in players like this? Compare and contrast with the approach of Pacific FC. York United need to find someone like Bobby Smyrniotis who can steer more of the better Golden Horseshoe prospects in their direction. Not sure if Carmine Isacco would have been the answer but don't think the combo of Angus MacNab and Martin Nash is the way to go.

This signing is baffling.  I understand maybe they look at TFC and think what is the point, they are as bad as us. BUT, there has to be other MLS players making the league minimum and getting no play time. Lets take a chance.....any thoughts.

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Categorically baffling. And, as usual, will be disappointing.

But, it is a Canadian phenomenon. Prioritize offshores over locals. Heck, in the Canada MLS teams, check out the player payroll for offshores versus Canadians, then do the same math on pay per minute, then examine actual minutes played by Canadians over offshores. Canadians lose, lose, lose. And give, give, give.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointing, and we ARE being let down by ownership, management, and coaches. The whole lot of them.

Could Carmine do a better job? Perhaps that is why he left the arena. He could see that it is STACKED against Canadian players.

So that is 1 goal in the last 9 regular season games. This is really pathetic. I have never been the first guy to ask questions about whether a coach should be let go, but... I think I might be this time. They very rarely even come close to threatening goals. I had a lot of hope going into the season, and now I'm watching games with no idea of how YU could possibly come up with a goal. As soon as one goes in for the opposition I am pretty much resigned to the fact that York United will lose... again.