York United - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

4 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Crazy turnover at York...Obbekjaer gone to 07 Vestur and Wallace out for the season with injury...McNab now talking about three open international slots and that some current players could move on

YORK UNITED FC CONFIRMS DEPARTURE OF DEFENDER DANIEL OBBEKJAER

"And with the continued development and success of our young talent too, some players could also be moving onto new opportunities" -- Wright or De Rosario moving on?

11 hours ago, K Edgar said:

"And with the continued development and success of our young talent too, some players could also be moving onto new opportunities" -- Wright or De Rosario moving on?

I can see DeRosario moving on. Between the 2 he has been the most impressive. Plus with his dad being whom he is, we know they have the connections.  Wright has done nothing for York United this year.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:32 PM, ATM said:

I can see DeRosario moving on. Between the 2 he has been the most impressive. Plus with his dad being whom he is, we know they have the connections.  Wright has done nothing for York United this year.

Wright has had a weird year. He isn't scoring goals, I thought he would be scoring lots this year, but he is showing glimpses of a passing/set up ability that I didn't know he had.

But he definitely needs to contribute more goals, and dare I say he probably has to increase his fitness to get to the next level (which I think he is capable of if he pushes himself). He's really big and has lots of power (canon of a shot!) but isn't very lively. I don't know if he isn't lively because he isn't fit enough, or if it's just not his style of play and his muscle mass just makes it look like he is carrying some unnecessary weight. I'm still really rooting for him though. If he works hard I think he has a very, very, high ceiling.

Question about the stadium. What is available in terms of food choices there? I have gone to one game this season and had a pie from Sharmans, so I am aware of that one. But I don't remember what else was there. My wife and I are talking about bringing our young kids to the game this weekend for an early father's day celebration, but want to know if there will be food that can hold the kids attention for a bit. Curious about meal type foods, but also snacks (like popcorn, cotton candy, other candies, do they have things like that?). I wasn't able to find anything on York United's site.

53 minutes ago, red card said:

But she never covered the CPL when she was there.

It took a basketball writer to do it? Or is it to leverage CPL betting for their Northstarbet app.

She covered CPL. Not often, but likely as much as the Star would allow.