York United - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

York United striker Lowell Wright transferred to Vancouver Whitecaps

Still not convinced if moving to MLS Next Pro which we have determined is the 3rd Division in the U.S is the right move. Still think CPL could be a better league. I think he will be lost in the system.  I might be wrong but I have more faith in our League then that of the U.S newly formed 3rd Division. 

17 minutes ago, Big_M said:

he was already in his third season in cpl...a direct step to mls is too high so he goes to the second team with a shot a developping and reaching the first team...everyones a winner

17 minutes ago, Big_M said:

he was already in his third season in cpl...a direct step to mls is too high so he goes to the second team with a shot a developping and reaching the first team...everyones a winner

I guess, but unfortunately Canada does not produce many Alphonso Davies type players. We saw what happened to Perruza, and we saw what happened to petrasso's younger brother luca. Once the European players are in the picture the Canadian Players suffer.

I wish all Canadian Players luck, but I do not have faith in the MLS(they don't care about canadians)

I will stand by the CPL. I understand the money is not there, but if lowell stayed, peruzza and petrasso came over it would do wonders for the league. A mix of young and the veterans will help grow the league and we have seen the quality improve  in 3 years.

On 8/10/2022 at 1:22 PM, Big_M said:

hes turning 30 and they give him a guaranteed deal until 2024 lol

I don't get what is "lol" worthy about that. He's 29 for this season, and will be 30 next season. We aren't talking about 39 and 40. Did you want him to sign a 2 month contract to get him to the end of this season and then re-evaluate? And this is a guy who payed in the CPL last season and produced for Forge in regular season and CONCACAF League. So he's a known quantity.

Unless you think they should have been giving him a longer contract? It's possible that with low CPL salaries he doesn't want to sign a longer contract than this. Perhaps see if there is any World Cup bump in interest in the CPL and try to get a better deal after 2023.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 10:09 AM, Pottsy3 said:

Feels like York’s attack has improve drastically since Babouli came in. It might be too little too late for this season, but a group including a fully healthy/in-form Petrasso and Ferrari, along with Mo and DeRo up top could be a strong group next season. 

Yeah, they have defended well all season, and as you say once Babouli came in the offence has clicked much better. I'm going to keep my expectations in check though because I thought they would be good this year due to last year being able to sneak into the playoffs with a young team. I thought they would build on that this year, but they slid backwards unfortunately.

But yes, hopefully Petrasso and Ferrari can be healthy next year and click with the team like they are capable of. The team does have potential. They have won 4 of the last 5 games now!

On 9/11/2022 at 10:42 PM, Kent said:

Yeah, they have defended well all season, and as you say once Babouli came in the offence has clicked much better. I'm going to keep my expectations in check though because I thought they would be good this year due to last year being able to sneak into the playoffs with a young team. I thought they would build on that this year, but they slid backwards unfortunately.

But yes, hopefully Petrasso and Ferrari can be healthy next year and click with the team like they are capable of. The team does have potential. They have won 4 of the last 5 games now!

Kratt and K.D.S have played a role in the offense being better recently. We scored 4 vs HFX before Babouli arrived.