Yigal Bruk - Schalke

LeoH037

Couldn't find a thread on him, so figured one should be started.

Anyway, recently joined Schalke and will play with their U19 side for the time being, so worth keeping an eye on. Illegible for both Canada and Ukraine, had a stint with the CAN U15 back in 2017 I believe, and was involved with the Whitecaps Academy... has been involved with Ukranian youth teams as of late (still we keep on letting these players slip through the cracks...).

16 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Couldn't find a thread on him, so figured one should be started.

Anyway, recently joined Schalke and will play with their U19 side for the time being, so worth keeping an eye on. Illegible for both Canada and Ukraine, had a stint with the CAN U15 back in 2017 I believe, and was involved with the Whitecaps Academy... has been involved with Ukranian youth teams as of late (still we keep on letting these players slip through the cracks...).

Here’s hoping he’s not illegible for much longer!  😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 10:31 AM, Big_M said:

I have seen a lot of player threads opened without much info in the first post

Please everyone do the following when opening a player thread, if you want to add more that is great also:

Make sure the player is playing pro or almost certain of becoming pro

In the first post, give some info on the player: at the very least his year of birth, position and experience

If you want to add more like highlight videos, interviews...that is great

Thank you everyone

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

It looks like he played a few games for Ukraine.  I wonder what the whitecaps version of this story is??  

Yes, he was called up for a friendly U18 tournament in the Czech Republic last August.  He started the match against the Czech Republic, and he came on as a sub in the 81st minute vs Slovakia.  According to the media in Ukraine, he had a fever on the day of the match against the Czech Republic.  He didn't tell his coaches, because he really wanted to play for Ukraine.

https://www.ua-football.com/ukrainian/u-18/1567084229-ezerskiy-spasibo-dinamo-kotoroe-predlozhilo-v-sbornuyu-u-18-igrokov-na-lyubye-pozicii.html

Edited by Buchta

3 hours ago, sandman said:

This one hurts. I coached this kid at WVSC when he was 10. Hopefully we can get him back on board. 

Very talented and humble kid. Physically developed, and has a starred in the VMSL as a 16/17 year old. 

https://www.nsnews.com/sports/west-vancouver-teen-living-professional-soccer-dream-in-germany-1.24174890

Sounds like if anyone could have a talk the the kid, you’d be the man to do it lol

On 6/27/2020 at 1:43 AM, LeoH037 said:

Oh please, you have to be taking the piss. He spent four years with the Whitecaps, and was not only scouted, but invited to an ID camp by the CSA. They didn't think he was good enough for the U17s and neither did Ukraine. Ukraine also didn't think he was good enough for the U19s last fall after he played in a couple of U18 friendlies in August. The CONCACAF U20 tournament was cancelled, so the CSA hasn't had the chance to call him up if they think he's good enough now regardless, so there's literally no reason to claim he's "sLiPpEd ThRoUgH tHe CrAcKs".

And what has you so convinced that this player you know nothing about would be good enough anyway? Have you forgotten about Josh Doughty? Have you already forgotten about Jamie Dunning? Playing for the academy of a recognizeable European team doesn't automatically mean they're better than any kid playing over here.

i wonder if he was still kicking around BC why wouldnt he have gone to the open trials..ie Attardo, and got picked up by Pacific??  Maybe like David and was just waiting to turn 18 and holding out for europe??  I guess we'll see how he does with Schalke.  

57 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

i wonder if he was still kicking around BC why wouldnt he have gone to the open trials..ie Attardo, and got picked up by Pacific??  Maybe like David and was just waiting to turn 18 and holding out for europe??  I guess we'll see how he does with Schalke.  

Maybe he was secretly there before 18 like David

On 7/25/2020 at 5:45 PM, Zem said:

Oh please, you have to be taking the piss. He spent four years with the Whitecaps, and was not only scouted, but invited to an ID camp by the CSA. They didn't think he was good enough for the U17s and neither did Ukraine. Ukraine also didn't think he was good enough for the U19s last fall after he played in a couple of U18 friendlies in August. The CONCACAF U20 tournament was cancelled, so the CSA hasn't had the chance to call him up if they think he's good enough now regardless, so there's literally no reason to claim he's "sLiPpEd ThRoUgH tHe CrAcKs".

And what has you so convinced that this player you know nothing about would be good enough anyway? Have you forgotten about Josh Doughty? Have you already forgotten about Jamie Dunning? Playing for the academy of a recognizeable European team doesn't automatically mean they're better than any kid playing over here.

okay.. someone's triggered? 😶

I kinda have to agree with Zem.  How could a kid who is called to camps and is in the whitecaps academy slipping through cracks?  Maybe his situation has changed and he has progressed or matured etc, but if CSA didnt call him again and whitecaps released him from academy....who knows eh?  Sounds like there is more to the story.  

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/25/2020 at 5:45 PM, Zem said:

Yeah this is pretty spot on. I’ve also played with Yigal and can say I don’t think he’s a prospect you should be drooling over. His physical prowess, heading ability and powerful/clinical finishing for his age was unbelievable for a 15 or 16 year old (when I last played with him) but once everyone around him started to get bigger, I’m willing to bet he became less impactful on games. Not to throw shade at him— not like I was any better and this was several years ago— but his technical abilities and game doesn’t warrant this thread’s hype. His physical traits give him a shot at the pros, however I personally doubt he will amount to anything noteworthy 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...