Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

12 hours ago, Big_M said:

even there being a starter there will be difficult...good level and very competitive not much room for error...

Had a poster on here throw a complete hissy fit a year or two back when I suggested CanPL was comparable in quality to the English fifth tier, but still think that's broadly accurate and overstating things only where the Valour and Vancouver are concerned.

Bottom line is that he couldn't go any lower in England and still be playing against fully professional opponents most weeks, so if he isn't able to start regularly and score goals reasonably regularly the next stop is likely to be somewhere like the League of Ireland, Cyprus or at a lower tier in Norway or Sweden.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

Just checked wikipedia and Simeon Jackson got his move to Gillingham in League One at around Pepple's current age having broken through into the Rushden & Diamonds team and scored five goals when they were still in League Two two seasons before that. Think it's a stretch to suggest their careers can be so readily compared. Bromley are a small club that has never had the sort of financial backing Rushden & Diamonds received from the Dr Martens dude back in the day.

1 minute ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Just checked wikipedia and Simeon Jackson got his move to Gillingham in League One at around Pepple's current age having broken through into the Rushden & Diamonds team and scored five goals when they were still in League Two two seasons before that. Think it's a stretch to suggest their careers can be so readily compared. Bromley are a small club that has never had the sort of financial backing Rushden & Diamonds received from the Dr Martens dude back in the day.

Yeah but did Jackson score 6 goals in 7 CPL games? .....I don't think so!

In all seriousness though appreciate you digging into that. We might want to set our expectations accordingly. 

Even if Pepple doesn't have the same trajectory as Jackson he is still in a decent spot, being loaned out from an EPL side and playing first team football. For all we know Luton could go straight back down and if he has a stellar season on loan he could be in the mix for minutes at the Championship level.

He's just 1 year older than Jebbison and a few years behind where Jebbison was, because in 2020-21 Jebbison was also out on loan to Chorley in National League North, a level lower than where Pepple is right now. But Jebbison is a very highly regarded young player that's been linked to Juventus, Dortmund and several other EPL clubs. The fact Pepple is just a year older and just a few seasons behind in his development is positive and suggests he could be at a good level in a few years (and myabe get a NT chance).

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Had a poster on here throw a complete hissy fit a year or two back when I suggested CanPL was comparable in quality to the English fifth tier, but still think that's broadly accurate and overstating things only where the Valour and Vancouver are concerned.

Bottom line is that he couldn't go any lower in England and still be playing against fully professional opponents most weeks, so if he isn't able to start regularly and score goals reasonably regularly the next stop is likely to be somewhere like the League of Ireland, Cyprus or at a lower tier in Norway or Sweden.

I remember when York's Petrasso went on loan to Barnet in this same division and he was considered their best player immediately.

I realize its just an anecdote.

I think we're pumping up Pepple too much right now.

He's been a pro since 2019, had one good stretch with Cavalry and has been utterly ineffective in every other professional environment he's been in so far. He is young but he has had no stability so far and deciding to try Europe again after failing the first time around instead of staying and playing with Cavalry probably wasn't the best option. We'll see what happens but it looks like he might have a third stint with Cavalry in the near future.