Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

Disappointing to learn the Grimsby fans didn't rate him. That's alright. Hopefully the next loan is a better situation/level for him to thrive. He did well with Cavalry during two separate spells, so I am still hopeful he'll develop into something.

League Two doesn't strike me as being necessarily superior to CPL, so maybe it was just his recent form or confidence that was lacking, or perhaps he just wasn't a good fit at Grimsby (tactically or otherwise). 

Edited by Obinna

If you aren't good enough for League Two, I'm pretty sure the player is mostly responsible, but I wonder if League Two has the same phenomenon as the AHL and ECHL where a lot of the players are grizzled lifelong vets who have the experience and "man strength" that no amount of raw talent can provide, so you're physically outmatched, and you don't have teammates good enough to mask your deficiencies, especially when you're on a team who actually needs to win games, not just develop players. He's a striker, so his responsibility is scoring goals- it's very easy to shut down a player like that who has loads of talent but barely any experience, if you're a good, reliable, unflashy defender. It's why you see a lot of young raw talent NHL prospects do better at that level than in the AHL.

Maybe he does suck, I've only watched clips and highlight reels for the most part, but it could be hard for a young player with only raw skill to his name, playing deep in the trenches of league 2.

I remember getting scolded on here for saying that I thought he would be extremely lucky to come anywhere close to replicating the same form elsewhere, because the goals he scored for Cavalry were so scrappy and the ball can't always fall your way. 

Anyways, I think was only actually given 1 start. Hopefully he can find his legs elsewhere

...hopefully that elsewhere won't be back to CanPL with his tail between his legs Borges style. Doubt other L2 or top Nationwide Conference clubs will be falling over themselves to call Luton asking if he's available, so somewhere like the second tier in Scotland might be a good fit. Still mostly fully professional but likely to be enough of a step down in quality from where he has just been that he might start regularly and regain his goalscoring prowess.

8 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

...hopefully that elsewhere won't be back to CanPL with his tail between his legs Borges style. Doubt other L2 or top Nationwide Conference clubs will be falling over themselves to call Luton asking if he's available, so somewhere like the second tier in Scotland might be a good fit. Still mostly fully professional but likely to be enough of a step down in quality from where he has just been that he might start regularly and regain his goalscoring prowess.

Scottish Championship actually seems like the perfect level for him to try next.

Another good level may be League of Ireland. Not sure you'd want him at a Shamrock Rovers, but maybe a Siglo Rovers? Jordan Hamilton had a nice little half-season spell there, before coming back to Forge. Before that, Kris Twardek played there. He currently plays at Bohemians. Maybe they'd take on another Canadian?

Not sure how Hamilton's time at Sligo went, but he was utterly unimpressive at Forge. Didn't seem to do anything for his form. But Pepple's at a different point in his career, so maybe any playing time is better than sitting on the bench. I have not watched a minute of Irish football, is it really any better than CPL?

Edited by Cicero

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not sure how Hamilton's time at Sligo went, but he was utterly unimpressive at Forge. Didn't seem to do anything for his form. But Pepple's at a different point in his career, so maybe any playing time is better than sitting on the bench. I have not watched a minute of Irish football, is it really any better than CPL?

I don't believe I have, aside from the scattered highlight package. I do know that Hamilton played fairly regularly at Siglo, though he wasn't a locked-in starter. I believe he came off the bench more often than not. He ended his short stint there with 2 goals in 13 games. Cannot speak to the performances in Ireland or with Forge, because I never watched, but the stats are roughly the same (1 goal in 10 games for Forge), so my guess is the leagues are fairly comparable to each other. 

I dont want to put an absolute no on his ceiling, but is there any chance pepple gets considered for CMNT? A championship owned striker suggests yes, but most likely his purchase was a mistake. Disappointing that he didnt kick off in england. I was hoping that Luton saw something special in him.

6 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I dont want to put an absolute no on his ceiling, but is there any chance pepple gets considered for CMNT? A championship owned striker suggests yes, but most likely his purchase was a mistake. Disappointing that he didnt kick off in england. I was hoping that Luton saw something special in him.

needs to play and score.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Confused at your what point you’re trying to make.

But I did.

(P.S. this wasn’t U21 league.)

He struggled heavily in League Two, and now he can't stop scoring in the dev league- just reminded me of our players who absolutely light up the question mark of a league like NextPro. The way he jumped out of the gates reminds me of Jacen Russell Rowe. I do hope he succeeds though, I think he has potential.

19 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

He struggled heavily in League Two, and now he can't stop scoring in the dev league- just reminded me of our players who absolutely light up the question mark of a league like NextPro. The way he jumped out of the gates reminds me of Jacen Russell Rowe. I do hope he succeeds though, I think he has potential.

Reminds me of Jebbison who made a jump after being seemingly done with the U-21.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...