Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

A couple of our friends' daughter was just one of Plymouth's mascots a few games ago. 

Pointless coincidence of the day. 

My company has a UK satellite office and Plymouth Argyle is their team. They were telling me last week how they actually travelled down to MK for the match against Dons on Friday 

7 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

My company has a UK satellite office and Plymouth Argyle is their team. They were telling me last week how they actually travelled down to MK for the match against Dons on Friday 

Not the worst trip, assuming there is no rail strike and you go through London and not the Midlands.

We have vacationed in Plymouth went with those friends, nice old ground.  

5 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not the worst trip, assuming there is no rail strike and you go through London and not the Midlands.

We have vacationed in Plymouth went with those friends, nice old ground.  

They pretty much said the exact same thing, haha- they're coming from up north, I think the guys I was speaking to are based around Liverpool or so- apparently it's a nice ride provided the trains are actually running.

I've been trying to find a reason to visit our offices in Plymouth. I've been told that area (I guess more Cornwall?) is like the Maritimes in England.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

They pretty much said the exact same thing, haha- they're coming from up north, I think the guys I was speaking to are based around Liverpool or so- apparently it's a nice ride provided the trains are actually running.

I've been trying to find a reason to visit our offices in Plymouth. I've been told that area (I guess more Cornwall?) is like the Maritimes in England.

There are certainly Celtic roots that show up in Cornwall and both have lots of navy and other sea-faring history. 

I have never lived on the ocean (Lake Ontario was closest) so all that stuff (and the seafood) was interesting to me.

22 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

It's not really Cornwall, but Plymouth Argyle is unfortunately the closest thing to a Cornish professional club. Truro City down in the seventh tier is the Cornish club highest in the English Football Pyramid. A proper stadium was finally in the works in Cornwall recently, but I believe it's come to a standstill in the last calendar year.

1 hour ago, Pottsy3 said:

It's not really Cornwall, but Plymouth Argyle is unfortunately the closest thing to a Cornish professional club. Truro City down in the seventh tier is the Cornish club highest in the English Football Pyramid. A proper stadium was finally in the works in Cornwall recently, but I believe it's come to a standstill in the last calendar year.

I meant Cornwall is apparently like the Maritimes- I think Plymouth is right on the "border" with where Cornwall starts if I'm not mistaken? But that's wild- a massive swathe of the country and no teams above a 7th div team.

40 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I meant Cornwall is apparently like the Maritimes- I think Plymouth is right on the "border" with where Cornwall starts if I'm not mistaken? But that's wild- a massive swathe of the country and no teams above a 7th div team.

Not my area, but been told the Southwest has a big Rugby Union following.  A quick look says that Exeter is in their Premiership and the Cornish Pirates are in the division below. One from Jersey as well if you count that. 

21 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not my area, but been told the Southwest has a big Rugby Union following.  A quick look says that Exeter is in their Premiership and the Cornish Pirates are in the division below. One from Jersey as well if you count that. 

Exeter supporter and former resident here. Rugby is big in Exeter. When I was there the pro team (Exeter Chiefs) and university were both national champs. Footy is still bigger though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/26/2022 at 8:18 AM, archer21 said:

Anyone know what’s going on with Pepple? Got the notification that Grimsby were playing today so went to see how he’s been doing and he hasn’t even made the bench since October from what I can tell. Injury or just out of favour?

Was looking him up because his team advanced in the Cup.

Played a few minutes on the 29th last month but missed the last couple games.  A local article from a few weeks ago says he has been struggling with fitness this season but no details.

Anyway, his current team, Grimsby Town,  could play Luton, the team that owns him, in the FA Cup 4th round.  The latter have a 3rd round replay with Wigan upcoming, with winner having drawn Grimsby.

5 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Barely looked like a professional plauer at Grimsby. idk what Luton were smoking when they signed him

Some of the comments on Twitter are pretty savage.

He would probably be better off coming back to CPL and look to move to MLS next after performing well