The Road to Qatar.

Binky

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Alex said:

If Leandro Bacuna from Cardiff city is there I don’t see why Hoilett, Millar and Arfield (unless it’s personal) wouldn’t be.

The UK has an exemption for athletes so it really is a personal or club pressure thing.

I think Arfield is out because Rangers are still in Europa league 

55 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

I have his funny feeling that Qatar 2022 will be delayed for a year and payed in November of 2023 

I think it will depend on if they can get the June matches in.

And I'm talking about for all Confederations.

Edited by narduch

1 hour ago, narduch said:

The UK has an exemption for athletes so it really is a personal or club pressure thing.

I think Arfield is out because Rangers are still in Europa league 

I thought Arfield was more concerned about the Scottish league. Still, there's a 3-week Europa League break with no games between March 18, and April 8.

I don't see why he can't play on March 18th in Glasgow and then March 25th and March 28th in Orlando before having an 11-day break before the April 8 Europa League quarter-final - if Rangers get past Prague.

Edited by nfitz

4 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I thought Arfield was more concerned about the Scottish league. Still, there's a 3-week Europa League break with no games between March 18, and April 8.

I don't see why he can't play on March 18th in Glasgow and then March 25th and March 28th in Orlando before having an 11-day break before the April 8 Europa League quarter-final - if Rangers get past Prague.

I agree but Rangers seem to want to baby him.

I would play him in the Bermuda match and let him skip Caymans if we had to.

35 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Honestly, now that Rangers have clinched the league and have a break before Europa commitments, the coming window will be a big indicator of whether or not Scotty still wants to be part of the setup.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Cuba have also released their squad. Which includes a player from Spain and Norwich in England.

Weirdly they also have a player from Tulsa. Do they no longer blacklist players that are in the US?

I'm not an expert, but from what I understand Cuba only blacklists people who defect. There actually is a legal way for athletes to play outside of Cuba and still represent their country.

8 minutes ago, RS said:

I'm not an expert, but from what I understand Cuba only blacklists people who defect. There actually is a legal way for athletes to play outside of Cuba and still represent their country.

Apparently Corrales was on the Impact

I dont even remember him being with them. In my defense TSN never shows them unless they play TFC or Whitecaps 

Edited by narduch

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

Apparently Corrales was on the Impact

I dont even remember him being with them. In my defense TSN never shows them unless they play TFC or Whitecaps 

Yeah, the bulk of their games are shown on TVA Sports.

5 hours ago, RS said:

I remember reading that they also allow players to play abroad in Central America as long as there is an agreement that a % of the wage goes back to cuba. Something like that

• Admin locked this topic