The Road to Qatar.

Binky

Sandy Sanchez, Sandro Cutino and Sander Fernandez -  Brasil
Carlos Vázquez (Spain III Level), Jorge Corrales (FC Tusla), Maikel Reyes (Real Sociedad - Honduras), Luis Paradela (Santos Guapiles - Costa Rica)... It's Symbolic and Historic

Edited by Bbeto

7 minutes ago, ADP10 said:

do they have any players on the Jonathan David level in terms of potential? I’m seeing a lot of players in lower level leagues.

I'm wondering if Dominican Republic can pull off the upset in this  group 

Edited by narduch

5 minutes ago, ADP10 said:

do they have any players on the Jonathan David level in terms of potential? I’m seeing a lot of players in lower level leagues.

Not even close but they do have a solid team. They might not have wonderkids like David or Davies but that doesn't mean they don't have guys with Cavallini or Kaye potential. 

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

There was talk about Lille wanting to hold back David so the entire teams could train together in the lead up to the big PSG match.

But I just saw Weah get named to the US team for their Euro friendlies.

Hopefully a good sign

I hope you’re right. The only difference would be Weah staying in Europe for his friendlies while David has to go to Florida. 

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

There was talk about Lille wanting to hold back David so the entire teams could train together in the lead up to the big PSG match.

But I just saw Weah get named to the US team for their Euro friendlies.

Hopefully a good sign

But Weah has to return after the first game. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Don’t know how many times I’m going to say “not surprised”....I was always prepared that this team would be heavily domestic.

I guess the January training camp will actually turn out to be preparation.

Sure for Arfield and Atiba. 

But if we start to be restricted from calling David and Davies and others its stupid that they are letting these matches go on.

28 minutes ago, VinceA said:

This guy has yet to reach 20 caps for Canada. I hate how little caps most of our guys have. 

No business being our captain, IMO.

The natural captain should be Atiba who also has all four in spades.  

A captain provides leadership, passion, experience and skill; Arfield also has all four.  Unfortunately, both won’t be around the scene for much longer and neither will be in Florida this month.

55 minutes ago, narduch said:

Sure for Arfield and Atiba. 

But if we start to be restricted from calling David and Davies and others its stupid that they are letting these matches go on.

I hear you banging the drum loud and clear.....but I just don't want anything delayed more than they have.
This World Cup qualifying process will be unique for not only us - but for all nations...and I think it will be even sweeter when we get the job done. 

I'm not worried about our domestic contingent, it's arguably better than our full strength from previous years (prior to David/Davies). It's just the lack of preparation with them will be the fault, not that guys couldn't come IMO. We could've had 2-3 camps with the domestic guys in Florida....but somehow there will always be an excuse.

Lack of preparation and failing to adjust will be our demise NOT that we couldn't have our best players. Our situation is not unique.

50 minutes ago, VinceA said:

This guy has yet to reach 20 caps for Canada. I hate how little caps most of our guys have. 

No business being our captain, IMO.

I agree....and I won't blame the reason that we don't play much games either. 
Our captain, shouldn't be picking and choosing when he want's to show up/ when it's beneficial for him. If he's called on he should always want to be there, and the way it's been sounding with Arfield of lately is contrary to everything of a leader of a national team. Atiba is thee ONLY player that has deserved this choice.

I'm not going to question his passion/infinity for the country he never visited before he played...but the commitment is a concern. "I'll show up when it matters".

I would make Davies be our captain for longer term reasons. If not him Kaye first, or Osorio second. 

35 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I don’t blame them.  I bet there are individuals on the list today that there is a chance will be ruled out before the team is in Orlando.

Bad preparation. 
Camp could've started this week with the domestic guys, and have outside NA guys come in when they are permitted. 

Especially with roster sizes allowed to be at 30, I just don't get how other smaller nations have prepared better than us.
It shouldn't be panic mode/surprise. I said from January when I made a domestic U24 and MNT that situations pertaining to Covid may not change greatly come March....and here we are stressing about the potentials we already knew. 

As supporters I get it. But as an organization, this is just HORRIBLE organization and preparation...correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by Shway

Regarding preparation. I'm sure all the players that are being called, or on the bubble, know. Whether we know or not doesn't really matter towards the preparation. But yeah, we'd all like to know and it is frustrating.

Those quotes from Arfield didn't look good. He talked about not regretting playing for his father's nation, but the only thing good about it he listed was basically that he got to go places that he couldn't dream of going, as if vacations aren't a thing he can afford. No mention of his teammates, or the competitions. Just, that he got to go to some countries he otherwise wouldn't have. So maybe he's not coming because we are just playing in Florida? I guess cause he has already been to Florida? If we had a game in Bermuda or Cayman Islands maybe he would have made the trip?

19 minutes ago, Kent said:

Regarding preparation. I'm sure all the players that are being called, or on the bubble, know. Whether we know or not doesn't really matter towards the preparation. But yeah, we'd all like to know and it is frustrating.

Those quotes from Arfield didn't look good. He talked about not regretting playing for his father's nation, but the only thing good about it he listed was basically that he got to go places that he couldn't dream of going, as if vacations aren't a thing he can afford. No mention of his teammates, or the competitions. Just, that he got to go to some countries he otherwise wouldn't have. So maybe he's not coming because we are just playing in Florida? I guess cause he has already been to Florida? If we had a game in Bermuda or Cayman Islands maybe he would have made the trip?

Are you being serious?

Didn’t not get that impression from that interview in the slightest. It’s seemed pretty clear that it was the combination of weak opponents/covid restrictions/today’s Europa game. I’m almost positive that Scotty will be with us for the next set of matches in June. 

• Admin locked this topic