Gold Cup - June 23rd 2019 - Canada vs Cuba

Admin

Tsn panel suggesting hoilett is the odd man out(first off the bench) in the qf starting lineup. Crazy to think how much depth we have up front. 

They also suggested hutch replaces piette,    MAK slides into LB with davies pushing up. 

2 minutes ago, SerTwenty said:

Im actually confident we can beat Costa Rica with this lineup.

I am sure we CAN. We just have to execute and be a lot more disciplined and focused.   Combine the defensive discipline of the Mexico game and the offensive energy of this one, and we can go toe to toe with any team in this tournament. 

Just now, king1010 said:

Tsn panel suggesting hoilett is the odd man out(first off the bench) in the qf starting lineup. Crazy to think how much depth we have up front. 

They also suggested hutch replaces piette,    MAK slides into LB with davies pushing up. 

No way Hoilett sits.

3-5-2 with Davies and Hoilett on the outside.  Piette, Arfield and Osorio on the inside.  Cavalini up top with David.  Backline of Kaye, Henry and Cornelius.

That is a boss lineup and I’m not sure but it may be the 3rd best in CONCACAF plus not get run over by the US and Mexico.  Maybe even give them problems.

We are probably sitting at an all time high talent level right now.

6 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

No way Hoilett sits.

3-5-2 with Davies and Hoilett on the outside.  Piette, Arfield and Osorio on the inside.  Cavalini up top with David.  Backline of Kaye, Henry and Cornelius.

That is a boss lineup and I’m not sure but it may be the 3rd best in CONCACAF plus not get run over by the US and Mexico.  Maybe even give them problems.

Makes sense. Just not sure they sit Hutch. 

Also thats a 3 person backline? Not sure we go with that in the knockout stages. 

Lotta options due to our quality players, keeping in mind some quality defenders arent on the roster. 

You need Hoilett's experience on the wing.

Hutchinson takes over for Piette at D Mid. He needs to influence the game from midfield. 

I trust Henry and Corny at CB.  

Davies at LB makes sense given our roster.

Hoilett - Cavallini - David

Oso - Hutch - Arfield

Davies - Cornelius - Henry - Godinho

Borjan

27 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

No way Hoilett sits.

I like the combo of players but tactically it doesn’t make sense.  Kaye isn’t a CB.. we need to keep a back 4 with the players we’ve called.

Hilarious/surreal that there is talk of sitting Hoilett.. our EPL starting winger with 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 matches. Good things. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

1 minute ago, Mikmacdo said:

Davies at lb its pretty simple. He doesn't have the finishing ability to be an elite winger but he can be an elite left back in time. 

His movement on the wing is great and his balls into the box have been extremely effective. I think it is crazy to think he can’t be an elite winger.