Gold Cup - June 19th 2019 - Canada vs Mexico

apbsmith

Just now, jonovision said:

It was clear from the lineup Herdman fielded that he had no interest in winning this game, but I've still been surprised at how poor some of the guys have been, especially Johnson and Larin.

When has Larin ever played good against a team better then like St. Kitts?

Not sure if I'm more disappointed in the lineup selection, or the repeated turnovers. 

But the worst of all is the FS1 commentary, which is heaps of information and analysis about Mexico followed by calling a Canadian the wrong name like 'David Cornelius'.

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

As much as Godinho was criticized last game ZBG hasn’t been strong so far. 

He seems super nervous. Hoping he settles down for the second half. They've been pushing more on Teiberts side though and you can see why 

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

It was clear from the lineup Herdman fielded that he had no interest in winning this game, but I've still been surprised at how poor some of the guys have been, especially Johnson and Larin.

This 100%

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I forgot Johnson was even playing lol

1 minute ago, BuzzAndSting said:

For those upset we didn’t go for the win, what does a win get you in this game?

1 minute ago, BuzzAndSting said:

For those upset we didn’t go for the win, what does a win get you in this game?

An easier Quarterfinal?

Just now, Razcal said:

Larin has been one of our better players out there this game, not getting the hate so far. What more do you want from him this game with this strategy?

Cav has been good. Borjan good. Davies is running hard. 

That's about it. Defensively we've plugged holes. But we've been very sloppy with the ball.