U. S. Virgin Islands vs Canada , September 9th 4pm IMG Academy in Bradenton Florida

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

Is it too early for this??

------------------------Borjan---------------------

-------------James--Jakovic--Henry----------

Petrasso------------------------------------De Jong

-------------------------Piette------------------------------

---------------------Kaye----Osorio---------------------

Davies--------------Cavallini----------------Hoilett

Subs:

Edwards

Akindele

Chapman

Teibert

Larin

Cordova

Morgan 

Crepeau

Vitoria

*leaving out Arfield due to injury and letting him settle with Rangers. Hutchinson is not sorted out yet. 

*One of Morgan or Adekugbe and I went with the guy playing in Toronto. Let Sam continue to settle in Norway

* left out Jackson-Hamel because he hasn't had an extended run of games recently and hasn't been scoring. Went with Larin and Cav instead.

*Akindele I think deserves another chance based on his recent brace, but even without, we'd want to keep guys like him involved and he hasn't been around in a while now.

*Chapman I included just to get another attack minded player in there.

*Teibert to fill the void left by Arfield.

*Cordova I want to see more of after he made 18 league appearances in Chile's top flight since his move up.

based on what Herdman has said in the past I would add Will Johnson, Arfield and Adekugbe will be plenty adjusted to their teams by then. They'll be there I imagine.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I’d prefer a 4-1-2-1-2 

—————cavallini—— Larin

——————— ossorio——————

—Davies——————————hoillet 

——————— piette————————

adekugbe—————————godinho

——————Henry—cornelius———-

———————Crépeau————— 

I think this is more like what we will see.  A mix of young and old cause we shouldnt need the full squad and Herdman will leave some of the regular names out and blood a few youngsters.  I predict we'll have endless rounds of speculating on which of the guys that get left out of the squad are the guys who Herdman say have no respect for the jersey.  Just what we needed, more drama and infighting.  

8 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

based on what Herdman has said in the past I would add Will Johnson, Arfield and Adekugbe will be plenty adjusted to their teams by then. They'll be there I imagine.

Who would you drop to make room?

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I think this is more like what we will see.  A mix of young and old cause we shouldnt need the full squad and Herdman will leave some of the regular names out and blood a few youngsters.  I predict we'll have endless rounds of speculating on which of the guys that get left out of the squad are the guys who Herdman say have no respect for the jersey.  Just what we needed, more drama and infighting.  

I do think we'll see a lot of youth as well.

Is Godinho going to be fit in time?

I sure hope that they do go with youth mostly but have that mix of experience within the team as well like what I mean is in the Starting XI you have like 6 young guys and the other 5 being the more senior players but that is just what I would do if I were Herdman.

46 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Who would you drop to make room?

Adekugbe over Morgan. 

Arfield over Tiebert ( or most of the team)

johnson — I wouldn’t take him but Herdman referenced him previously as a possibility to come. Given the game is a 2 hr drive from Orlando I imagine he’ll be there  

2 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

Adekugbe over Morgan. 

Arfield over Tiebert ( or most of the team)

johnson — I wouldn’t take him but Herdman referenced him previously as a possibility to come. Given the game is a 2 hr drive from Orlando I imagine he’ll be there  

I agree with that more or less! I don't think anyone would argue Teibert is ahead of Arfield, but with him being out injured, I just wonder if we call him in to play down in Bradenton, Florida considering the opponent. I don't know what the injury is and it didn't sound serious, but if he is not back until mid August, do we want to pull him away a few weeks later, coming off an injury?

Good point on Johnson. Perhaps he can take Arfield's spot rather than Teibert. He can also cover for RB and is already in Florida.

Adekugbe and Morgan I think is a close call. I do like Adekugbe more as a player and I believe he has more upside, but I also don't want him to lose his starting spot. He needs the development. He could come back and retake the spot or perhaps not lose it at all, but why risk it? I would rather us build up some good will with Valerenga now, so that when we really need him later, they're less likely to give us or him a hard time.

Impressed by the working lights at the stadium posted above, especially considering they are on before it's even dark out :) with no one on the field!

..... unlike many cities around the province of Ontario, where teams sometimes literally play in the dark before they get fired up.

So Coach Herdman still will have yet to play a proper away game in CONCACAF.   Staying lucky I suppose.  This doesn't bode well for WCQ. (not that USVI and St. Kitts are venerable CONCACAF away games, but surely the CSA can help get their coach some experience before WCQ)

We need to remember that the USVI is still pretty fucked over thanks to two hurricanes hitting the island.

The USVI Basketball team had to play its home games in the Bahamas, even though they had a facility capable of hosting it.

3 hours ago, RJB said:

So Coach Herdman still will have yet to play a proper away game in CONCACAF.   Staying lucky I suppose.  This doesn't bode well for WCQ. (not that USVI and St. Kitts are venerable CONCACAF away games, but surely the CSA can help get their coach some experience before WCQ)

The CSA scheduling more games? That's fantasy talk!

55 minutes ago, DoyleG said:

We need to remember that the USVI is still pretty fucked over thanks to two hurricanes hitting the island.

The USVI Basketball team had to play its home games in the Bahamas, even though they had a facility capable of hosting it.

For sure.  I wasn't knocking them for hosting the game in Florida.  I'm just pointing out Coach Herdman having yet to play an away game to a CONCACAF opponent that isn't USA in his entire career.  And that that streak will continue.

I'd like to see Zach Brault Gullaird and Busti called up and if the opportunity presents itself, cap tied in this game. Put in a strong starting 11, have a few dual nationals on the bench incase we're up by 4 or 5 goals in the 80th minute. 

20 hours ago, BradMack said:

I'd like to see Zach Brault Gullaird and Busti called up and if the opportunity presents itself, cap tied in this game. Put in a strong starting 11, have a few dual nationals on the bench incase we're up by 4 or 5 goals in the 80th minute. 

I posted before that we should cap tie a bunch of players in these games but Busti is still too young imo. I'm down with capping players like Brault Guillard though. 

25 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Game plan

1.Field A team

2.Crush them in the 1st half

3.Cap tie 3 players (Liam Millar, Brault-Guillard, Alessandro Busti)

*Invite Tabla and Ferreira 

Let the man file his switch first *said in British accent*

22 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

Just a friendly reminder, that no one who does not want to be cap tied, will accept a call to these games

Yeah if I am Busti what is the incentive to be called up and why would he lock himself in with Canada?

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Folks, I know it's "only" the US Virgin islands, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

There is still a match to win; they will/should literally park the bus.

They are literally a bottom 15 team in the world and have won 5 games in the past 20 years. Their bus should be absolutely ripped apart

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Folks, I know it's "only" the US Virgin islands, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

There is still a match to win; they will/should literally park the bus.

I agree but I still expect Cyle Larin to be the MNT all-time goalscorer by the end of the first half.

Archived