Jump to content
Toje

Alessandro Busti - 18 year old keeper with Juventus

Recommended Posts

Even if they know he exists, we have an Italian-raised kid who just got called by the Italian FA to be one of 5 GK prospects for his age group. What choice do you think the kid is going to make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Even if they know he exists, we have an Italian-raised kid who just got called by the Italian FA to be one of 5 GK prospects for his age group. What choice do you think the kid is going to make?

Especially given how short our coach is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, masster said:

They know he exists because we posted about him on this board. I am not joking.

If you look further back in the thread I stated that, @SpecialK indicated that he believes the CSA should have already been in contact with him and called him into a camp before he was even brought up here. 

I have no issue with the CSA using the power of the V's to find players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I like the idea of Devos or Findly logging on and yelling down the hallway  at CSA offices  "Jezzus, did you see this Juventus kid that is born in Toronto?? Toje says he is a proud CDN, and SpecialK says we should call him into the next camp"

I mean I may be fake-newsing myself but I swear JdV posted here a couple times; who says his account is inactive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Benjamin Massey said:

I mean I may be fake-newsing myself but I swear JdV posted here a couple times; who says his account is inactive?

Your memory serves you well. Take a look at this:

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/profile/3624-jason-devos/

He joined in 2009 but hasn't visited since February 2015. If they know about Busti it is likely that they didn't find out through us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure he did, and almost everyone was fairly nice to him.  I just wonder who are the lurkers out there that dont ID themselves??  Maybe you would all be surprised to find out BBTB is Bill Manning, Master is Steve Nash, ElHombre is Jim Carrey and BrennanFan really is Jim Brennan.  And SHermanator is really Ralphie Klines secret love child.  Or maybe not, its fun to speculate cause I am sick of thinking about CMNT coaching.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnyb said:

They absolutely should be creeping on here. We've uncovered alot of guys over the years. And it's Free! 

And as I’ve mentioned before, there’s reasonable way for them to efficiently replicate the work the dozens of people do on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 3:39 PM, Jith12 said:

Your memory serves you well. Take a look at this:

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/profile/3624-jason-devos/

He joined in 2009 but hasn't visited since February 2015. If they know about Busti it is likely that they didn't find out through us.

he came on to  talk about an article he wrote and was attacked and then decided to not post anymore lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

And as I’ve mentioned before, there’s reasonable way for them to efficiently replicate the work the dozens of people do on this board.

Thomas Rongen, the head of US Soccer scouting, just gave a shout out to the dual-national work done on the BigSoccer forums on this week's Dummy podcast. So, it's not unheard of either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Thomas Rongen, the head of US Soccer scouting, just gave a shout out to the dual-national work done on the BigSoccer forums on this week's Dummy podcast. So, it's not unheard of either. 

Who’s the head of Scouting for the Canadian men’s program or the CSA? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Who’s the head of Scouting for the Canadian men’s program or the CSA? 

We don't have one, nor do we have any full-time scouts. Ray Clark is the closet thing in that he regularly travels between academies in Canada and, at least as of a few years ago, has a pretty big say in the youth player pools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Your newness shows.

It’s more of Statement,  not a question.

i know we don’t have one, I believe it’s one of the biggest problems we have. Because maybe there is a real   Gem out there that could make a huge impact! 

Edited by SpecialK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Who’s the head of Scouting for the Canadian men’s program or the CSA? <---- this thing...

^ notice the ?

1 minute ago, SpecialK said:

It’s more of Statement,  not a question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

It’s more of Statement,  not a question.

i know we don’t have one, I believe it’s one of the biggest problems we have. Because maybe there is a real   Gem out there that could make a huge impact! 

If you gave me $150,000 a year to build a program to help Canadian soccer, hiring a few scouts would be about the 1000th thing I'd do with that money. Not that it wouldn't be nice to have them, but we have way, way bigger issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Apparently Busti is getting called up to the senior squad for the U.S. Virgin Islands game, has anyone else heard of this as well?

source??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.juventusnews24.com/alessandro-busti-in-nazionale-maggiore-difende-i-colori-del-canada/

In addition to a few "recent" posts on twitter

If this is true then that's great for us, specially since he was recently training with Juve's senior squad, so they must see something in him. We know well that we are thin on goal keepers (Borjan ever gets injured and its disaster for us), so we should definitely hoard up as much potential talent as we can.

Edited by LeoH037

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...