Alessandro Busti - 18 year old keeper with Juventus

Toje

7 minutes ago, masster said:

They know he exists because we posted about him on this board. I am not joking.

If you look further back in the thread I stated that, @SpecialK indicated that he believes the CSA should have already been in contact with him and called him into a camp before he was even brought up here. 

I have no issue with the CSA using the power of the V's to find players.

16 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I like the idea of Devos or Findly logging on and yelling down the hallway  at CSA offices  "Jezzus, did you see this Juventus kid that is born in Toronto?? Toje says he is a proud CDN, and SpecialK says we should call him into the next camp"

I mean I may be fake-newsing myself but I swear JdV posted here a couple times; who says his account is inactive?

3 hours ago, Benjamin Massey said:

I mean I may be fake-newsing myself but I swear JdV posted here a couple times; who says his account is inactive?

Your memory serves you well. Take a look at this:

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/profile/3624-jason-devos/

He joined in 2009 but hasn't visited since February 2015. If they know about Busti it is likely that they didn't find out through us.

Sure he did, and almost everyone was fairly nice to him.  I just wonder who are the lurkers out there that dont ID themselves??  Maybe you would all be surprised to find out BBTB is Bill Manning, Master is Steve Nash, ElHombre is Jim Carrey and BrennanFan really is Jim Brennan.  And SHermanator is really Ralphie Klines secret love child.  Or maybe not, its fun to speculate cause I am sick of thinking about CMNT coaching.  

On 1/10/2018 at 3:39 PM, Jith12 said:

Your memory serves you well. Take a look at this:

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/profile/3624-jason-devos/

He joined in 2009 but hasn't visited since February 2015. If they know about Busti it is likely that they didn't find out through us.

he came on to  talk about an article he wrote and was attacked and then decided to not post anymore lol

21 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

And as I’ve mentioned before, there’s reasonable way for them to efficiently replicate the work the dozens of people do on this board.

Thomas Rongen, the head of US Soccer scouting, just gave a shout out to the dual-national work done on the BigSoccer forums on this week's Dummy podcast. So, it's not unheard of either. 

3 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Thomas Rongen, the head of US Soccer scouting, just gave a shout out to the dual-national work done on the BigSoccer forums on this week's Dummy podcast. So, it's not unheard of either. 

Who’s the head of Scouting for the Canadian men’s program or the CSA? 

7 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Who’s the head of Scouting for the Canadian men’s program or the CSA? 

We don't have one, nor do we have any full-time scouts. Ray Clark is the closet thing in that he regularly travels between academies in Canada and, at least as of a few years ago, has a pretty big say in the youth player pools.

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

It’s more of Statement,  not a question.

i know we don’t have one, I believe it’s one of the biggest problems we have. Because maybe there is a real   Gem out there that could make a huge impact! 

If you gave me $150,000 a year to build a program to help Canadian soccer, hiring a few scouts would be about the 1000th thing I'd do with that money. Not that it wouldn't be nice to have them, but we have way, way bigger issues. 

• 7 months later...

https://www.juventusnews24.com/alessandro-busti-in-nazionale-maggiore-difende-i-colori-del-canada/

In addition to a few "recent" posts on twitter

If this is true then that's great for us, specially since he was recently training with Juve's senior squad, so they must see something in him. We know well that we are thin on goal keepers (Borjan ever gets injured and its disaster for us), so we should definitely hoard up as much potential talent as we can.

Edited by LeoH037