Alessandro Busti - 18 year old keeper with Juventus

Toje

Also, a person who has a Juventus youth football website confirmed to me that he was born in Toronto, at a time when his parents were living in the city.

http://www.giovanibianconeri.it

Alessandro played one match for Juventus U19 in the UEFA Youth League.  He also played for the U19 team in a 2-1 win a few weeks back over Hellas.  Last season he was playing with the U17 side.

It is not 100% confirmed but it does seem likely that he has Canadian citizenship if you put all the pieces together.

Edited by Toje

2 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Has he represented Italy at all? How long did he live in Toronto for? 

This is the question that jumped into my mind once I read this thread. It'd be awesome if he has and we'd get the 1-time switch over (if it happens), although the inverse happening would cause some Vs to capitulate 

13 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Wow another Canadian goalie playing in Italy! That’s  fantastic, our goalie depth just keeps getting better!

Lol did you forget the last time you got your hopes up with an Italian with loose ties to Canada?

9 hours ago, jpg75 said:

That's the Olympic camp for 97's and later composing the next U23 team in 2020. I'm talking about the U20's, which will be 99's and 00's for the 2019 cycle.

Why couldn’t he and Axel Desjardins be called up for Olympic camp ? If they are good enough. It’s any body’s game at the 97’s 98’s age group when it comes to goalies.

9 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Why couldn’t he and Axel Desjardins be called up for Olympic camp ? If they are good enough. It’s any body’s game at the 97’s 98’s age group when it comes to goalies.

Because we have no idea how good they are and they're 3 years under age. Zambrano clearly stated only a few 99's and 2000's would be included, i would assume the likes of Davies would be the exception.

4 hours ago, Toje said:

Just some additional info...

He grew up in Italy, but is still a proud Canadian.  He started playing soccer when he was 9 years old and has been with Juventus since around that age.

That's great to hear!!!!.... Here's hoping he picks CANMNT at the international stage, particularly once he cracks the Juventus senior squad and overtakes Buffon as the No.1 goalie, whenever that may be... Might still be at least a few years away, right?... Let's see some complete highlights saves from him if there are any

29 minutes ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

That's great to hear!!!!.... Here's hoping he picks CANMNT at the international stage, particularly once he cracks the Juventus senior squad and overtakes Buffon as the No.1 goalie, whenever that may be... Might still be at least a few years away, right?... Let's see some complete highlights saves from him if there are any

..ummm.....There are a lot of assumptions here.

The fact that Busti is playing for a Juventus team at any level is a positive indication of his quality. That said, I'm assuming that there are many many excellent goalkeepers lined up to succeed Buffon and if he were to ever be in a position to start for Juventus it would be automatic that he's a contender for the Italy National team, no?

4 hours ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

If all of what you said happens, he isn’t picking Canada