Jump to content
Toje

Alessandro Busti - 18 year old keeper with Juventus

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I dont understand why this kid and the other Canadian goalie playing for Spezia Primavera not on the CSA radar/ playing for the U17 teams! How do they not have scouts in Europe ! It's ********! 

I just hope we haven't lost out of  potential talent here 

So until @Toje posted about Busti, how would the CSA have been aware of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I dont understand why this kid and the other Canadian goalie playing for Spezia Primavera not on the CSA radar/ playing for the U17 teams! How do they not have scouts in Europe ! It's ********! 

I just hope we haven't lost out of  potential talent here 

How do you know for certain they are unaware of his existence? Also if you're aware of Spezia Primavera kid then they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

No seriously, how would they know some random kid at Juventus was born in Toronto? Or are you proposing they hire someone to contact every kid at every youth club across Europe to find out if they have a connection to Canada?

We're supposed to have a scout in every country don't you know?

I would not be totally shocked if the CSA weren't aware of this kid's existence, but given the legend of Cristante I'd trust that maybe they have an idea of someone at a big academy with a Canadian passport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, canta15 said:

If all of what you said happens, he isn’t picking Canada

You're absolutely right, forgot about that!!!... But that's to be seen still... I was just basing it on the fact that some fellow V's were saying that he is one proud Canadian

 

On 2017-12-21 at 2:16 PM, Toje said:

He grew up in Italy, but is still a proud Canadian.

That's where I was basing this from, but then again this means nothing I suppose @canta15, particularly when success becomes tempting for bigger and better opportunities (cracking Juventus senior team and being number 1 goalie and what can come out of that)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I dont understand why this kid and the other Canadian goalie playing for Spezia Primavera not on the CSA radar/ playing for the U17 teams! How do they not have scouts in Europe ! It's ********! 

I just hope we haven't lost out of  potential talent here 

I agree 190% or more, lmfao @ SpecialK.... Is the other guy at Spezia Primavera Sebastian Breza, whom you are talking about?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2017 at 5:03 AM, BuzzAndSting said:

No seriously, how would they know some random kid at Juventus was born in Toronto? Or are you proposing they hire someone to contact every kid at every youth club across Europe to find out if they have a connection to Canada?

Most of the current Moroccan NT is built that way, including Bounou the keeper, born in Montreal. Mind you, they tend to wait until a player appears higher up on some radar, but they have done the job well and are going to the WC. I do think we have to try, frankly. 

I am still bothered we did not play this past November window, we have to stay active and play every chance we get, with the players we can find. Do others have a feeling of dormancy these last few months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am still bothered we did not play this past November window, we have to stay active and play every chance we get, with the players we can find. Do others have a feeling of dormancy these last few months?

November was a bummer but it felt like a one off as they reportedly did try to get a game. It Sandor article of OZ's plans for 2018 has made me hopeful for a more active youth set-up this year but did leave Camp Poutine in question which again is a bummer.

I'm curious if the previous trend of one game windows will continue until the Nations League start. It'll feel like something the OZ era should be passed by now if it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Most of the current Moroccan NT is built that way, including Bounou the keeper, born in Montreal. Mind you, they tend to wait until a player appears higher up on some radar, but they have done the job well and are going to the WC. I do think we have to try, frankly. 

I am still bothered we did not play this past November window, we have to stay active and play every chance we get, with the players we can find. Do others have a feeling of dormancy these last few months?

So the Moroccan FA is cold calling all youth players in Europe?

I suspect that once a player has reached a certain level himself, his agent or his family are getting in contact with whatever FA they want to represent as opposed to the reverse, exactly like Kris Twardek's situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is two and a half weeks the Voyageurs record for going from "new European hope" to "playing for someone else?"

(OBVIOUS NOTES: yes if he's eligible for us he isn't tied by a U-18 ID camp. Also he is Italian so no hard feelings.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Toje said:

Alessandro Busti was called up to an Italian U18 ID camp. He is one of 5 goalies looking to make the U18 team. The Italian FA uses this ID camp to help form to U18 for the up coming year.

http://www.figc.it/other/Under18 Gironi.pdf

http://www.figc.it/it/204/2540446/2018/01/News.shtml

It would have been nice to see a press release of CSA saying Alessandro Busti was called up for U18 or U20 Canadian ID camp. Oh wait it's Canada Soccer. 

Edited by SpecialK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SpecialK said:

It would have been nice to see a press release of CSA saying Alessandro Busti was called up for U18 or U20 Canadian ID camp. Oh wait it's Canada Soccer. 

He’s Italian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SpecialK said:

It would have been nice to see a press release of CSA saying Alessandro Busti was called up for U18 or U20 Canadian ID camp. Oh wait it's Canada Soccer. 

I'm willing to bet that the CSA doesn't even know that this guy exists, considering how incompetent they have been over the past couple hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...