General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

31 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Not a twitter/X user...don't care to be one either.

Mind just posting what AGR said?

Thanks!

And I quote, "An exact date will come out later this week, it sounds like. Won't be out much longer after this CanWNT release, I'd imagine."

55 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

So if a  day or two delay means 1 dual, how many do we win after waiting a week?😉

53 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

If the date is announced later this week, does that mean that the roster drops a different date?

Why are you guys practicing your koans at a time like this?

7 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Tomori announcing a switch to Canada as a rules change makes perfect sense:

- Canada hosting the next World Cup 

- European leagues developing the North American market, making AC Milan North America’s team (Musah, Pulisic, Tomori, David transfer announced next month)

- opens the floodgates of one time switches during the peak of the summer transfer buzz period

- Southgate losing out on one of England’s best CBs will lead to enough media pressure to finally get him to resign and move over to the club game, taking a job that will lead to the chain reaction that results in Chelsea, Bayern, etc. getting their new coaches 

- it’s not coming home (Except Tomori)

- allowing an irrelevant twitter account to break the news shows FIFA’s commitment to grassroots reporting in underdeveloped soccer markets 

- he is Ike Ugbo’s best friend- what a beautiful story to give to the soccer world 

Ngl you had me in the first half.

1 hour ago, kacbru said:

Anyone know where you can get spare parts for a fax machine?  Asking for a friend.

Write to the CSA. I'm sure they will have an answer for you.

19 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

When is the deadline for teams to release there rosters ? . And If they do it right at the deadline so what !  it just gives us less time to complain about the rosters

The deadline for our final Copa roster is June 12.

There really isn't a deadline for announcing a friendly roster. You do it to satiate your fanbase.

59 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I don't believe the hold up is because of a dual national as speculated, but I just realized no one had mentioned the possibility of it being Vaughn Covil.  Anyways, carry on...

I like that name. Completely skipped my mind

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

I don't believe the hold up is because of a dual national as speculated, but I just realized no one had mentioned the possibility of it being Vaughn Covil.  Anyways, carry on...

Would you see him as potentially impactful now? Doesn't look like he plays much for Hull.

4 minutes ago, jdheid said:

Would you see him as potentially impactful now? Doesn't look like he plays much for Hull.

Last year, he had an ACL injury and this year a mystery injury. Has been a part of the u23 for the US , as a 19 year old last year. With the poor depth in the midfield, he should definitely be considered

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Still no announcement announcing the announcement of the roster. We pushing this to next week then?

Seems to be the case.

There was a theory by some poster on here they would wait until the women released their roster, as to not steal their thunder. 

Well, pretty sure the women's roster was released today. 

30 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

WNT roster was released today. Makes sense that they wouldn't drop the MNT roster on the same day so maybe tomorrow?

It bugs me a bit they couldn't drop them at the same time. What's the logic here, not to split the attention? I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a great deal of overlap between the fan bases, casual supporters aside (who probably don't care that much about roster drops anyway).