2017 Gold Cup Opponents

Gian-Luca

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not our opponents - at least not until we advance out of the group - but one of the TSNs is showing the US vs Panama game in less than an hr.  Will be interesting to see the strength of those sides.

Just for those who may not be aware, I believe between TSN and TSN-GO all games are reasonably available in Canada.

http://www.tsn.ca/2017-gold-cup-broadcast-schedule-1.798069

TSN-GO App is available on all major platforms.  As well TSN-GO is also available on Samsung smart TV's.  Watching Mtq-Nca on samsung smart TV right now and picture is great.

7 minutes ago, MrGrinch said:

Just for those who may not be aware, I believe between TSN and TSN-GO all games are reasonably available in Canada.

http://www.tsn.ca/2017-gold-cup-broadcast-schedule-1.798069

TSN-GO App is available on all major platforms.  As well TSN-GO is also available on Samsung smart TV's.  Watching Mtq-Nca on samsung smart TV right now and picture is great.

Thanks for this. Is TSNGO only available when in Canada? I leave for Italy tomorrow and was hoping to be able to stream the remaining games.

59 minutes ago, TFC07 said:

TSN GO is only works if you have  cable TV with one of major TV providers.  

If you're a cord cutter, then pray someone on YouTube puts up a live stream.  

Or ask a friend or relative who is a cable subscriber to use their login credentials...

9 hours ago, gator said:

What a dive fest that Mexico vs ES was, really emberassing for our region, we can never play this way and as long as this shit is acceptable we will never be able to succeed!  

Wanted to watch the game, but my wife wanted to watch a movie and with the GC on I have to pick my moments... so we watched a movie.

I do think that refs get so acclimatized to the CONCACAF bullshit that the reffing standards are pretty skewed here.  All the diving and rolling and crying and frantically waving in pain - all of it normalizes the behaviour and makes our refs more susceptible to the bullshit than anything I see elsewhere.  Maybe the growth of MLS - where this is less frequent - will help develop a cohort of competent pro refs who don't fall for it, and who might even toss out a yellow or two for simulation when it is warranted.    

So, Malouda set to play against Honduras today apparently.  Weird stuff.  We'll see what actually happens come game time.  Hope it's another bluff.  Malouda playing and potential forfeits, etc. would make an uncomfortable sideshow that would distract from our good performance so far, and could potentially harm Montagliani's reputation if handled badly.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Florent-malouda-aligne-avec-la-guyane-face-au-honduras/817483

It just makes no sense.. how is an ineligible player in a continental squad? I understand it happens in qualifiers etc but a tournament? 

If French Guiana forfeits a match intentionally it should be a ban from the gold cup for the next tourney.. not as if they qualify anyway 

also just really selfish on maloudas part. If I'm him I say no let's qualify legit.. I've played in a World Cup final, this is your World Cup not a chance to pad my stats 

On 7/9/2017 at 4:25 AM, TFC07 said:

TSN GO is only works if you have  cable TV with one of major TV providers.  

If you're a cord cutter, then pray someone on YouTube puts up a live stream.  

I'm a subscriber. But I was worried TSNGO wouldn't work abroad and it turns out I was right. YouTube video was great until they shut it down. Oh well get my updates from the forum I guess. 

Archived