2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Ruffian

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shermanator said:

There's only ONE WORD to describe Rachaun Palmer, and I'm gonna spell it out for you.

S-A-W-F-T. SAWWWWWWWWFT!

Know you did not meant that as a compliment. In the soccer playing world did you know a player with a soft control is considered a first rate player. 

RECEIVING THE SOCCER BALL

A players first touch can make or break whether a player is successful or not. I hear coaches say it all the time. A players first touch is everything.

The players that has a great first touch get the ball under control and get their heads up quickly so they see what is coming.

This allows them to either pass the ball or dribble.

His video tells that he SAWWFT on his feet while he dribbles that`s creativity my good friend. Run!! the video 

19 hours ago, masster said:

6 players added to the Toronto portion of the camp:
Rachaun Palmer

http://canadasoccer.com/men-s-excel-program-identifies-new-talents-p160329

⚽? :lol:@jpg75 it seems you were right about: 

On 11/01/2017 at 2:36 PM, jpg75 said:

LOL! I was wrong, you get a FREE Rachaun Palmer when you order Andrew Lebre for 24.95, not the other way around.

This U-20 camp has now doubled their quota of:

On 11/01/2017 at 5:55 PM, Futballer said:

Certified Ballers

Well done @Futballer !

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

⚽? :lol:@jpg75 it seems you were right about: 

This U-20 camp had now doubled their quota of:

Well done @Futballer !

thanks olympic, he was at Manchester City academy and Birmingham FC Academy couple years ago for 2 weeks and they had a very high rating for Rachaun, Andrew i knew was one of the best center back never called to trial . there is quite a few more that should get a look at, Ottawa dante Cobisa, jeremy arnold they were team mates of Kristopher thardwik, that team was solid with that group running the midfield. 

10 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-s-men-s-u-20-team-prepares-for-panama-test-p160341

They've cut to 19 players to travel to Panama. Some surprises.

Hope some of the players not making the final cut or not getting significant minutes in the U20 qualifiers will get a 2nd chance this summer with the Francophone Games team.  We need depth in our player pool.

50 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Does anyone feel like assembling the cut list for us?

Why yes, yes I do.

CB- Andrew Lebre | ESP / Ourense CF
M- David Choinière | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
M- Dane Domić | NED / Sparta Rotterdam
M- Joshua Doughty | Unattached / sans club
M- Elliott Simmons | ESP / Malaga U-19

And all of the late additions.

Duwayne Ewart
Steven Lovell
Nicholas Machado
Alex Markovic
Ignazio Muccelli
Rachaun Palmer

57 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Does anyone feel like assembling the cut list for us?

David Choiniere was part of the final selection, but stays behind due to injury; those cut were:

1. CB Andrew Lebre (Ourense CF, Spain)
  2. CB Steven Lovell (Unattached)
  3. FB Rachaun Palmer (Unattached)
  4. M  Dane Domic (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands)
  5. M  Josh Doughty (Unattached)
  6. M  Duwayne Ewart (Pittsburgh Riverhounds, USA)
  7. M  Nicholas Machado (Varzim SC, Portugal)
  8. M  Ignazio Muccilli (Jacksonville University, USA)
  9. M  Elliott Simmons (Unattached)
  10. F  Alex Markovic (FK Zemun, Serbia)

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

Thanks! So gone are the late editions who didn't supplant anyone, the injured and then the Europeans which might be due to club commitments. Doesn't actually tell us much about what the final roster might look like.

I think there are a lot of U20s who were left out of this camp that will end up being on the final squad, especially the Euro based players (assuming they can convince the clubs to release them).

Just now, IceCreamMan said:

Doesn't actually tell us much about what the final roster might look like.

Indeed. Especially since we need to cut to 20 players for qualifying, unlike CONMEBOL for example where the U-20s are 23-man squads.

Just now, Floortom said:

I remember the days when we were worried about Doughty being called by the US. Now he can't even make our team?

@Floortom it may be because:

Just now, IceCreamMan said:

...gone are... the Europeans which might be due to club commitments.

Panama games will be played on this Thursday January 19th and Saturday January 21st at 6pm (local time and EST). http://www.tvmax-9.com/futbol_nacional/la_sele/Sub-20-panamena-jugara-partidos-Canada_0_4669033114.html

3 hours ago, ray said:

Hope some of the players not making the final cut or not getting significant minutes in the U20 qualifiers will get a 2nd chance this summer with the Francophone Games team.

Quebec is fielding a team there as far as I know. I'd be surprised if they let a Quebec team and a Canadian team also for the same sport. 

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Indeed. Especially since we need to cut to 20 players for qualifying, unlike CONMEBOL for example where the U-20s are 23-man squads.

@Floortom it may be because:

Panama games will be played on this Thursday January 19th and Saturday January 21st at 6pm (local time and EST). http://www.tvmax-9.com/futbol_nacional/la_sele/Sub-20-panamena-jugara-partidos-Canada_0_4669033114.html

Maybe but seeing as Doughty rarely plays for his club not sure Man U would be fussed about him missing a game in exchange for getting good experience with the National team

Archived