2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Ruffian

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Futballer said:

who cares about grammar on a chat forum, even the freaking President of the United states speaks with incorrect grammar, once its understood that`s all that`s matters. you get that!

No I don't get that nor do I get most of the garbage you spout off...you may want to stop and think before you put words down.

Here was Canada's team in qualifying for the last 6 cycles. I'm noticing one thing: it doesn't really matter if they bring young players, but they have gotten to more 20 year olds recently than before. I do think that the fact that we played the qualifiers for the 2003 World Cup in 2002 had somewhat of an effect, and we brought at the World Cup 10 1983 6 1984,  3 1985 and 1 1987.

2002: 14 19 4 18
2005: 6 20 8 19 4 18
2009:  12 20 5 19 3 18
2011:  8 20 10 19 2 18
2013: 13 20 5 19 2 18
2015: 12 20 8 19

Just looking at what we did before, I don't think age is a problem or the solution. They just have to take the best available. 

12 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Here was Canada's team in qualifying for the last 6 cycles. I'm noticing one thing: it doesn't really matter if they bring young players, but they have gotten to more 20 year olds recently than before. I do think that the fact that we played the qualifiers for the 2003 World Cup in 2002 had somewhat of an effect, and we brought at the World Cup 10 1983 6 1984,  3 1985 and 1 1987.

2002: 14 19 4 18
2005: 6 20 8 19 4 18
2009:  12 20 5 19 3 18
2011:  8 20 10 19 2 18
2013: 13 20 5 19 2 18
2015: 12 20 8 19

Just looking at what we did before, I don't think age is a problem or the solution. They just have to take the best available. 

interesting facts as i did not thought of checking into age selections of the past U 20 world cups, i have seen a lot players whom are far more talented in all areas of the game than those that are selected. Compared.

Have seen many of the age groups play and the 97 age groups has a great deal of talent to chose from, they are also farther in their developments. 

The C.S.A  has also chose to sacrifice the 1997`s for developing the younger age groups with international experience, which is totally unfair.

The best eligible (of age and nationality) available need to be selected. End of discussion. We in Soccer in Canada need to think about the Long game not short game...anything else is madness...

Messi played in the u20 wc when he was 17...

Qualifiyng is important but also building future national team players that have experience in concacaf...way more important...

But again what do I know...

35 minutes ago, spitfire said:

The best eligible (of age and nationality) available need to be selected. End of discussion. We in Soccer in Canada need to think about the Long game not short game...anything else is madness...

Messi played in the u20 wc when he was 17...

Qualifiyng is important but also building future national team players that have experience in concacaf...way more important...

But again what do I know...

At the 2005 world cup Lionel Messi was 19 years of age from what i can recall, his 19th Birthday was on the 24th of june the tournament took place on the 10 of June - July 2nd. 

It`s quite obvious messi went through all the development stages and learning curves before been introduce to the world. Just saying!!!

Concacaff experience why would that be necessary, if you are selecting your best players at the U 20 Level. 

If Canada Actually selects the better 1997 age group players, we will win the U 20 Championship in 2017.

5 minutes ago, Futballer said:

At the 2005 world cup Lionel Messi was 18 years of age from what i can recall, his 19th Birthday was on the 24th of june the tournament took place on the 10 of June - July 2nd. 

It`s quite obvious messi went through all the development stages and learning curves before been introduce to the world. Just saying!!!

Concacaff experience why would that be necessary, if you are selecting your best players at the U 20 Level. 

If Canada Actually selects the better 1997 age group players, we will win the U 20 Championship in 2017.

1 minute ago, Futballer said:

7 minutes ago, Futballer said:

At the 2005 world cup Lionel Messi was 18 years of age from what i can recall, his 18th Birthday was on the 24th of june the tournament took place on the 10 of June - July 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, Futballer said:

9 minutes ago, Futballer said:

At the 2005 world cup Lionel Messi was 18 years of age from what i can recall, his 18th Birthday was on the 24th of june the tournament took place on the 10 of June - July 2nd. 

Messi was 17 when the tournament started born June 24th 1987 he was 18years old in the final (July 2 2005)

..its beside the point and I should know better then to try to talk sense to someone who has none...the best 97 have been selected so far.

The players you quoted(Andrew and Rachaun) are good players not national team players, I have coached them both...

If you have to ask why concacaf experience is necessary then there is no need to discuss further(we have to get out of our region to compete at the world cup no matter the age u17,u20,wc???) Concacaf has very unique challenges, probably only rivalled by pan asia..the diverse climate, altitude and travel... experience is important...

someone please take away his keyboard or teach him how to not repost the repost...

28 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Messi was 17 when the tournament started born June 24th 1987 he was 18years old in the final (July 2 2005)

..its beside the point and I should know better then to try to talk sense to someone who has none...the best 97 have been selected so far.

The players you quoted(Andrew and Rachaun) are good players not national team players, I have coached them both...

If you have to ask why concacaf experience is necessary then there is no need to discuss further(we have to get out of our region to compete at the world cup no matter the age u17,u20,wc???) Concacaf has very unique challenges, probably only rivalled by pan asia..the diverse climate, altitude and travel... experience is important...

someone please take away his keyboard or teach him how to not repost the repost...

Your post says it all why these players were not recommended to tryouts for the Regional or provincial squads. As a former coach you failed these players as their videos has shown that they are National Team quality.  

Both of these players were invited to regionals and provincial and in Andrew's case national team trial. neither were good enough. Andrew played regionals and provincials but failed to progress not for our lack of trying, he was always bigger than most but failed to work on his technical and mental game, eventually that caught up to him. I still speak to him now and that is still an issue. Currently neither is anywhere near national team quality...

A little inside info "futballer" was an asst coach of Brampton east in the SRSL elite and has a 97 son if I am correct hence his obsession with this age group...

22 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Both of these players were invited to regionals and provincial and in Andrew's case national team trial. neither were good enough. Andrew played regionals and provincials but failed to progress not for our lack of trying, he was always bigger than most but failed to work on his technical and mental game, eventually that caught up to him. I still speak to him now and that is still an issue. Currently neither is anywhere near national team quality...

A little inside info "futballer" was an asst coach of Brampton east in the SRSL elite and has a 97 son if I am correct hence his obsession with this age group...

My last contact with a Provincial Coach in regards to 1997 or U 20 eligible players  listed for future trials Andrew and Rachaun was not on the list or was ever mentioned, 

At some point you must admit that you have failed as a Coach. 

i think that many folks here knows whom i am, what my plans are and goals are. The 1997 boys could play a very important role in the Launching of the Canadian Premier League along with their successful world Cup Participation.  

• 2 weeks later...

Squad is out. Interesting to note that Doughty is unattached..... http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-announces-men-s-u-20-camp-and-series-against-panama-p160323

CANADA
GK- Thomas Hasal | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-18 Residency
GK- Dayne St. Clair | USA / University of Maryland
CB- Matt Constant | USA / University of New Mexico
CB- Andrew Lebre | ESP / Ourense CF
CB- Thomas Meilleur Giguère | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | FRA / Olympique Lyonnais
FB- Kadin Chung | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
FB- Kamal Miller | USA / Syracuse University
M- Dante Campbell | CAN / Toronto FC II
M- David Choinière | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
M- Aidan Daniels | CAN / Toronto FC II
M- Dane Domić | NED / Sparta Rotterdam
M- Joshua Doughty | Unattached / sans club
M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC II
M- Shamit Shome | CAN / FC Edmonton
M- Elliott Simmons | ESP / Malaga U-19
M- Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
M- Luca Uccello | CAN / Toronto FC II
F- Shaan Hundal | CAN / Toronto FC II
F- Aymar Sigue | USA / Penn State University
W- Richie Ennin | CAN / Toronto FC II
W- Diego Gutiérrez | CHI / Palestino
W- Dayonn Harris | USA / Penn State University
W- Malik Johnson | CAN / Toronto FC II

On 28/12/2016 at 9:52 AM, Futballer said:

waiting for the call from Canada U 20 Coach Rob Gale... Andew Lebre... if you give em the opportunity.  Andrew https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4y3Q4HvFU 

Well I'll be damned! Gale must have received Andrew's Certified Baller certificate from @Futballer . He now has a chance to prove himself. Best of luck to him.

Just cause I care too much:

GK- Dayne St. Clair | CAN / KW United FC

CB- Matt Constant | CAN / KW United FC (wrong about this one... Must have been another Matt)

FB- Kamal Miller | CAN / KW United FC

M- Dante Campbell | CAN / KW United FC

W- Dayonn Harris | CAN / KW United FC

18 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Well I'll be dammed! Gale must have received Andrew's Certified Baller certificate from @Futballer . He now has a chance to prove himself. Best of luck to him.

LOL! I was wrong, you get a FREE Rachaun Palmer when you order Andrew Lebre for 24.95, not the other way around.

Where's the kid from Liverpool?  Or Zanatta? 

Maybe some of the European based players have already cemented spots.  

Sad, we could have had players attached from Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea for our U20 squad.. now it looks like we have none.  

Archived