2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Ruffian

8 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Where's the kid from Liverpool?  Or Zanatta? 

Maybe some of the European based players have already cemented spots.  

Sad, we could have had players attached from Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea for our U20 squad.. now it looks like we have none.  

Since the U20 qualifiers and those friendlies are not on FIFA dates, clubs have the right to say no. It's possible that the CSA talked to clubs if they would be available for the U20 qualifiers and they could have gotten a positive answer if they're not at this camp. Remember that most of the previous U20 camps were during FIFA dates or during the Summer break. The question is always whether they will be made available by their clubs for the U20 qualifiers. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Since the U20 qualifiers and those friendlies are not on FIFA dates, clubs have the right to say no. It's possible that the CSA talked to clubs if they would be available for the U20 qualifiers and they could have gotten a positive answer if they're not at this camp. Remember that most of the previous U20 camps were during FIFA dates or during the Summer break. The question is always whether they will be made available by their clubs for the U20 qualifiers. 

Also this isn't the squad for the tournament. It's the squad for a camp a month before the tourny.

The CSA release says that there will be another camp towards the end of the month/beginning of February.  The tournament starts mid-February.

In between the January camp in Panama and the CONCACAF Men's Under-20 Championship in Costa Rica, Canada Soccer's Men's National U-20 Team will have one more preparation camp in Mexico from 27 January to 4 February.

8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Is it just me or did the CSA spend more money this time then for any previous generation of U-20s. A camp in Honduras, now Panama and then Mexico. They will expect a return on investment.

There will be a return on investment in this U 20 cycle, congratulations goes out to all the boys invited to U 20 camp 2017 as finally the C.S.A decided to take a look at all their player options, i checked in on the Mexico camp a few days ago. Mexico also had preparation games over the past few days and continues to search for options.

Credit goes to Canada Coaches for competing with their competitors on and off the field . You will find Certified Ballers. 

Anyone have any idea why Davies isn't at either of our camps? 

Also I'd you look at our recent call ups in Wikipedia that team I think is significantly better than the one that was actually called. Hopefully most of these players come to the next camp.

Good to see Brault-Guillard again.

I think we can probably assume Sadiki, Boakye, Twardek, Borges, and Zanatta weren't called because they get regular minutes with their clubs. Hopefully they get called to the camp in Mexico later this month though.

Godinho and Millar are still injured but hopefully they'll be back in time along with Pantemis. Godinho and Pantemis both had knee surgeries so it might be a stretch to see them in February. I think Liam Millar is back in training.

Edit: Yes he resumed training last month.

38 minutes ago, Soccerpro said:

Any surprise omissions in anyone's opinion?

I'm not sure it's totally relevant to talk about omissions since this isn't the final camp before the tournament, and with the number of new faces it's clear they're still just evaluating players. There are plenty of obviously important players like Zanatta, Twardek and Sadiki missing, but those who are missing are primarily European-based, so just like with many previous U20 camps I don't think Gale and co. are especially concerned about putting together the best possible roster but are still finalizing the list of names for the pre-tournament camp next month. We could talk about omissions when they announce the roster for that camp.

21 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Anyone have any idea why Davies isn't at either of our camps? 

Also I'd you look at our recent call ups in Wikipedia that team I think is significantly better than the one that was actually called. Hopefully most of these players come to the next camp.

Good to see Brault-Guillard again.

Davies doesn't have Canadian citizenship yet.

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Is it just me or did the CSA spend more money this time than for any previous generation of U-20s. A camp in Honduras, now Panama and then Mexico. They will expect a return on investment.

Last go 'round we had a lot of high-profile friendlies including a tournament in Spain or something like that where we played England and Russia.  I went into the last tournament thinking they had been prepared better than ever.  I get the feeling that this one is on par, except with a focus on Central America and not Europe (which is tremendously better).

On 1/11/2017 at 5:58 PM, jpg75 said:

⚽?

Could Rachaun be the next Great Canadian Right Full back Defender  very exciting player to watch check out his New Video combination of League 1 Ontario and College games versus St Louis University. Certified Baller from Brampton. 

Archived