2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Ruffian

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Oh that is not good at all.

Let's remember though that Bustos was flirting with Chile a few seasons ago too. The Tabla situation hasn't progressed that far...yet.

Ivory Coast is a bit easier to make than Chile....But still a ways off, yes.

Still sucks big time. He and Davies are our 2 most promising talents.

2 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Apparently Ballou was injured....so he may be taking this time to get ready for the season.....but why no mention of injury???

I'm going to assume this is true despite past players defecting. The timing literally wouldn't make any sense. If he was going to leave the program, it would make more sense to do so after the tournament, unless he doesn't want to play in an official competition, so he could switch back to Canada if Ivory Coast doesn't work out?

But anyway, looking forward to the tournament, a lot of players I am not familiar with and we'll see how much playing in USL has helped some of the kids

8 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Apparently Ballou was injured....so he may be taking this time to get ready for the season.....but why no mention of injury???

My only guess (and that's all it is) is that his injury wasn't the reason why he was left off the team.

45 minutes ago, Soccerpro said:

Ivory Coast is a bit easier to make than Chile....But still a ways off, yes.

Still sucks big time. He and Davies are our 2 most promising talents.

I don't know how much more difficult (if at all) Chile U-20 would be from Ivory Coast U-20.

African youth teams are very competitive on the world stage, it's at the Senior level where they are less dominant. I think perhaps the reverse is true with Chile's youth program. Correct me if I'm wrong, but their youth program has nowhere near the notariaty as their Senior program in recent years.

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

For what its worth RDS reporter Patrick Leduc stated that Tabla's entourage is saying that he wants to focus on his club career right now. Sounds like BS but there it is. 

Could be true, IMFC don't have a ton of depth at his position so it's a very good opportunity to try to secure a place.

12 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Was Davies ever involved in an U-20 camp or no? Like Tabla, he was not mentioned, despite being qualified age wise. Have a feeling a passport issue keeps Davies out of the U- 20's, right?

Davies has not been involved (beyond the mishmash team that went to England) and Gale said the technical staff felt it was best for him to play with the U17s, in his proper age group and take on a leadership role there.

Archived