2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Ruffian

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

Seems like Dayne St. Clair is the starting keeper going into this tournament. What's the book on this guy? He's played one game at Maryland in 2 years, and another 1 game with KW United last year. Seems we don't really have any better options out there at the moment?

Here's one of Panama's goals. I can't tell if it is St. Clair or Hasal in goal.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roster for the next camp

CANADA
1- GK- Dayne St. Clair | USA / University of Maryland
2- FB- Kadin Chung | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
4- CB- Thomas Meilleur Giguère | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
5- CB- Kosovar Sadiki | Unattached
6- M- Dante Campbell | CAN / Toronto FC II
8- M- Luca Uccello | CAN / Toronto FC II
9- F- Shaan Hundal | CAN / Toronto FC II
10- M- Richie Ennin | CAN / Toronto FC II
11- M- Emmanuel Zambazis | GRE / Iraklis 1908 FC
12- CB- Kamal Miller | USA / Syracuse University
13- M- Aidan Daniels | CAN / Toronto FC II
16- M- Dayonn Harris | USA / Penn State University
17- M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC II
18- GK- Thomas Hasal | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-18 Residency
19- F- Aymar Sigue | USA / Penn State University

CANADA A-Z

http://www.canadasoccer.com/select-group-of-u-20-players-ready-to-train-in-mexico-p160371-preview-1

Nice to see Zambazis back and also just to know they are doing their due diligence and getting a long look at everyone. Reading the article though you realize that if they lose that first game against Honduras its basically all for not. Hoping for good things. 

Its february 1st and The United states has began their final phase to U 20 world cup 2017 https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2017/01/31/17/49/20170131-news-u20mnt-ramos-names-24-player-camp-roster-prior-to-2017-world-cup-qualifying  

Canada should not be far behind ; If 1997 born players such as Diego Gutierrez , Rachaun Palmer , Andrew Lebre gets the opportunity to go i feel that one of these boys will make Canada Proud and take their game to the Grand stage. 

We all just witness a Jamaican National U 20  Cast off Leon Bailey gained a pro contract to Germany. 

1 hour ago, zaltan said:

9 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

It might have been a Club America youth team. Saw a pic of them with Club America logos in the background.

Yes, it was Club America U20. Someone on my FB sent me a picture taken at the game with the final score (2-1).

17 minutes ago, zaltan said:

Do we know when the final squad will be announced??

They have until tomorrow to send their roster to CONCACAF. I still think that they will wait another week to announce the final roster, but one would expect that CONCACAF will unveil the roster before the CSA. I'm guessing that we'll get the roster around the 12th based on the last U-20 Tournament. 

Previous iterations have been 20 man squads so I would assume it would be the same.

I'll take a stab at predicting the final squad

GK: Dayne St. Clair, Thomas Hasal

DEF: Thomas Meilleur-Giguere, Kamal Miller, Matt Constant, Kosovar Sadiki, Kadin Chung, Zachary Brault-Guillard

MID: Shammit Shome, Liam Fraser, Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla, Luca Uccello, Emmanuel Zambazis, Dante Campbell, Diego Gutierrez, Dayonn Harris, David Choinere

ATT: Dario Zanatta, Malik Johnson, Shaan Hundal

Here's the 40 players who have been in the U-20 camp over the last 6 months:

G: Breza, Hasal, St. Clair, Kreitling

D: Boakye, Brault-Guillard, Chung, Constant, Godinho, Lebre, Lovell, Meilleur-Giguere, Miller, Palmer, Sadiki

M: Borges, Campbell, Choiniere, Daniels, Domic, Doughty, Ennin, Ewart, Fraser, Gutierrez, Harris, Machado, Muccilli, Shome, Simmons, Tabla, Twardek, Uccello, Zambasis 

F: Hundal, Johnson, Markovic, Millar, Sigue, Zanatta 

Archived