2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Ruffian

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016-11-04 at 5:32 PM, rob.notenboom said:

IIRC (and I very well might not be) when we last interviewed Rob Gale he made mention of the issue of player conditioning and how they needed a U20 'pre-season' so to speak right before qualification began (as in during the month of January). So he very well might be bringing a bunch of players in to get a look at them and then bringing more of the squad together in January for a pre-season pseudo camp. 

If I'd actually just listen to my own stuff once in a while I would recall in more detail :|.

That's good news.  The CSA listing here has a pre-tournament camp but they only show the end date (February 13th), not the start date, so I'll be interested to see how long it is.  A couple weeks would be great.

3 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

That's good news.  The CSA listing here has a pre-tournament camp but they only show the end date (February 13th), not the start date, so I'll be interested to see how long it is.  A couple weeks would be great.

If I get a chance I'll make a couple of inquiries and post what I find out. I think I'm remembering it correctly but I also might be recalling what they would like to do and not necessarily what they will do.

48 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Should also mention that it's nice to see Tabla in the squad given the talk of his dream being to play for the Ivory Coast. Isn't the be all end all of things but it can ease the fears of him refusing a call up a bit.

He'll need some big club performances to break into the Ivory Coast set up.

Too bad the first chance to cap him isn't until the gold cup .....

33 minutes ago, thundercaps fan said:

This is all I could find for the starting lineup.

From left to right this is my guess:

Tabla, Borges, Shome, Zanatta, (idk #14), Uccello, Boakye, Chung, Sadiki, Breza (GK), Meilleur-Giguere (C).

IMG_20161113_070659.jpg

#14 is Dayonn Harris

i think you're spot on for the rest of them. Odd how Canada Soccer wasn't willing to release this info.

9 minutes ago, Floortom said:

#14 is Dayonn Harris

i think you're spot on for the rest of them. Odd how Canada Soccer wasn't willing to release this info.

I asked them and they said they don't release lineups for youth away games. They definitely just made up that rule because they've had lineups other away u20 games. 

5 hours ago, thundercaps fan said:

I asked them and they said they don't release lineups for youth away games. They definitely just made up that rule because they've had lineups other away u20 games. 

What an odd response - wonder why they wouldn't. Anyway, guessing the lineup was something like:

Breza - Chung, Meilleur-Giguere, Sadiki, Boakye - Borges, Shome, Tabla - Uccello, Zanatta, Harris

Twardek was subbed in

Archived