Milan Borjan

Vince193

Red Star win today 2-1 away vs Spartak Trnava to win the 2 game set.

Borjan allowed a goal in the 6th minute, then Red Star scored

and the game went to extra time with Red Star scoring to make it 2-1

Late drama as the home team had a penalty at 120th minute-but they hit the cross bar

Team now advances to Champions League playoffs vs Red Bull Salzburg in round 4

If they win, Champions League qualification will be the result

if lose, they have qualified for Europa League group stage

On 8/15/2018 at 6:43 PM, Addona said:

How good is Salzburg?  Do they have a realistic shot of advancing?  Based on the teams left, it doesn’t seem like the worst draw, but I’m not really in the know ... can anybody elaborate?  Thanks!

They went pretty deep in the Europa League last season, I think to the QF round or maybe even the SF round. I can't recall off the top of my head.

Either way, it was further in the tournament than Red Star, so Milan and his club will be considered underdogs.

That being said, without having followed the qualifying rounds this year, im willing to bet there was tougher draws than Red Bull Salzburg.

1 minute ago, Markoaleks said:

Red Star will have to play the next home game behind closed doors losing a bona fide home field advantage too.

Oh wow, well they'll definitely be up against it if that's the case.

Just did a little digging and other big clubs left in qualifying include Benfica and PSV, so yeah I would prefer Salsburg to either of those.

46 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Milan Borjan is a starter and he is in a very good place playing for his childhood club and the best one in Serbia

I wonder if at some point he will move over to North America and ply his trade to finish off his career or something 

TFC. C'mon. Would be an upgrade over Bono.

23 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

They were playing at home and should have won really (though supporters being banned from the stadium didn't help)

Without the supporters there was no atmosphere. Seemed like the players weren't that motivated to play. Ended up being a very boring game with very few chances either way.

Weren’t there rumors/reports that Borjan was considering leaving Red Star belgrade as they had received an offer from a club in the Swiss League and Milan took interest in it for a bit?

eitheir way happy he’s stayed since last year played in europa league and this year in champions league 

Plus they’re the best team in Serbia