Ballou Tabla

shermanator

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Tabla owned Edwards at both ends of the field in the first half.

Probably why the latter showed a lot more fight in the second.

I'm confused as to why they made Tabla switch sides in the second half, letting Edwards boss the east side of the field. Tabla was playing him well (the best by a wide margin I've seen any MLSer play Edwards) and they just let him off the hook in the second half with that decision.

Edited by Macksam

18 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Tabla was playing him well (the best by a wide margin I've seen any MLSer play Edwards)

Edwards got killed by Columbus Crew's wingers in the first game TFC played against them this season. Vanney didn't start him in the two other games against the Crew for that reason. Tabla definitely took him to school a few times today tough.

5 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Edwards got killed by Columbus Crew's wingers in the first game TFC played against them this season. Vanney didn't start him in the two other games against the Crew for that reason. Tabla definitely took him to school a few times today tough.

I can't recall him getting killed by the Crew's wingers. However, I do remember him coming on one match against the Crew, completely changing the game and setting up both Ricketts' tying and winning goals. I guess a common theme is he comes back stronger if he doesn't initially perform well.

Edited by Macksam

On June 22, 2017 at 6:52 PM, harrycoyster said:

The Ivory Coast is currently going through a terrible generation of domestic players. So bad that they have recently put a large emphasis on pitching dual national players to sign for the country. Marc Wilmots, their new head coach, has gotten former French nationals Jeremie Boga, Jean Philippe Gbamin, Joris Gnagnon and Maxwel Cornet to join the program in the last few months.

They're an African country that has a lot of European diaspora, particularly in France. If a player is good enough, they'll try to get him regardless of how good their domestic situation is. The emphasis on pitching to dual nationals is always there with them.

Edited by Macksam

16 minutes ago, Macksam said:

They're an African country that has a lot of European diaspora, particularly in France. If a player is good enough, they'll try to get him regardless of how good their domestic situation is. The emphasis on pitching to dual nationals is always there with them.

Sure, but they have picked things up recently. In the past 6 months they've capped more than five players who had previously played for another country. 

7 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Will he be eligible for the next U20 world cup? I can't see him getting a senior Ivory Coast call up but he could easily be on the radar for the U20 team at this point. 

Yes, he makes the cut-off by three months. 

3 hours ago, matty said:

Yea I think he'd avoid answering it but I do think he'd be shocked to be asked "When are yo going to stop leading Canada on like a jerkwad cocktease?"

I don't fault him for holding out hope for IC, he's getting better all the time and their good. It isn't like the Davies situation at all because Liberia isn't IC.

I think Davies choosing Canada over Liberia is far less about strength of soccer of the respective countries than more people are assuming. His family left Liberia because it was a terrible place for them to grow up, Canada offered them a home. As far as I'm aware Tabla came to Canada for better education but the situation was far less dire. 

3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

"Hey Tabla, when ya gonna stop treating Canada like a cuck?"

But referring to Canada (CSA) as a cuck that means CSA/we enjoy it?That must be it!!! We love to continually suffer and see talented studs ram our program and just f* off to another.;)

4 hours ago, Macksam said:

He's dyed his hair blonde like a few of his Ivorian teammates. The writing is on the wall.

Haha. I thought it was something to honour Ambroise Oyongo the Impact's Camerounian that got injured and out for season who had a flair for dying his hair blonde.  

I've checked, and I am correct.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canadian-championship-kicks-off-10th-edition-in-may-with-more-canadian-content-p160637

"In 2017, to be eligible as a Canadian on the starting line-up, a player must be a Canadian Citizen and/or hold a Canadian passport and, not played for, or represented, by virtue of dual citizenship or parental lineage, any other Member Association National soccer team, at any level, unless a change of Association, in accordance with FIFA Statutes, to Canada Soccer has been granted."

10 hours ago, Kent said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the quota was based on CMNT eligibility. Meaning he wouldn't count as a Canadian in this tourney if he gets cap-tied to Ivory Coast.

From what I can tell you don't have to be MNT eligible. I might be wrong but I believe you just need to be Canadian