Ballou Tabla

shermanator

7 minutes ago, matty said:

He didn't have citizenship yet so not shocked.

He wasn't a Canadian, wasn't considered a Canadian in the Canadian Championship, couldn't suit up for the Canadian National team but... U18 Canadian Player for the year =p
Looks okay because he's clearly a very good kid who is very proud of putting on the Canadian Jersey.

Just doesn't look as good for our U20 player for the year.

He was booed consistently at BMO in the second leg.  It was unclear to me if it was because he was a great player on the opposition or if his failure to declare for the CMNT was at fault.  It would be scary if that many people at the game were that aware of his decision to be and were on his case because of his failure to call the CMNT home forever.  He did play very well and would be a great addition to the squad if he was to commit to Canada.

He has the end product Davies is missing but Davies is a physical beast. Having them both would be amazing for the national team different players but already good enough for the team. 

Depending on whether ivory coast follows up interest and if they dont I could see him involved in the Jamaica game. He won't be cap tied so could see him considering it.

18 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Is that instagram? Everyone with an account should go like his pic and post encouraging comments to rep. Canada.

its a story not a picture

18 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

He was booed consistently at BMO in the second leg.  It was unclear to me if it was because he was a great player on the opposition or if his failure to declare for the CMNT was at fault.  It would be scary if that many people at the game were that aware of his decision to be and were on his case because of his failure to call the CMNT home forever.  He did play very well and would be a great addition to the squad if he was to commit to Canada.

As an Impact fan I'm torn on cheering for him because I want him to commit to CMNT. It feels like not that many people in MTL understand or know about the situation so it is nice to hear that people in other parts of the country are letting him hear it.

45 minutes ago, farrelld said:

As an Impact fan I'm torn on cheering for him because I want him to commit to CMNT. It feels like not that many people in MTL understand or know about the situation so it is nice to hear that people in other parts of the country are letting him hear it.

I'm cheering for him now but if he chooses Ivory Coast over us that'll change

42 minutes ago, farrelld said:

You should cheer for every player on the impact squad if thats who you support. Tabla specifically does his job for his club and the fans should appreciate that regardless of his nationality.

2 hours ago, Fastfeet2 said:

You should cheer for every player on the impact squad if thats who you support. Tabla specifically does his job for his club and the fans should appreciate that regardless of his nationality.

What if Owen Hargreaves signs for the Impact and you are not @SpecialK , would you still cheer for him because that is the team you support?

Edited by Ruffian

13 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

What if Owen Hargreaves signs for the Impact and you are not @SpecialK , would you still cheer for him because that is the team you support?

1) I, for one, would have loved a player of Hargreaves quality playing for the Whitecaps.

2) There is a difference between a player who is who has been at the team since his youth and a player transferring into the team with Hargreaves' baggage. 

3) I'm more forgiving of Tabla's situation than I am of Hargreaves. Tabla was born in the Ivory Coast to two Ivorian parents and didn't move to Canada until he was eight. He's spent almost half of his life in the Ivory Coast. Hargreaves was born in Canada, had one English parent and didn't live in England until he was 26. I'll be disappointed if he chooses the Ivory Coast, but it wouldn't be traitorous by any means.  

40 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Absolutely. Every single game. 

Its about the club not personal beefs 

Edited by Fastfeet2

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

3) I'm more forgiving of Tabla's situation than I am of Hargreaves. Tabla was born in the Ivory Coast to two Ivorian parents and didn't move to Canada until he was eight. He's spent almost half of his life in the Ivory Coast. 

I feel this doesn't get mentioned enough here, good on you for reminding people

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

To be honest, I 100% think most would. Supporting the local team usually surpasses supporting your nation

Voyageur: Hargreaves betrayed Canada
Casual Vancouver fan: Oh I didn't hear about that. Such a shame but the Whitecaps are doing better now that he's here so meh

Edited by matty

36 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

I'm not saying I would wish bad things upon him, just that the level of support I would give to him will change. For example, If he chooses Canada, I will literally buy his jersey the day of, if not, I won't. 

This is pretty much how I feel. If Tabla picks the Ivory Coast I'd feel like he turned his back on a country that has given him so much.  I get that I might feel differently if it was me his situation.

Also if he picks the Ivory Coast I'd be much more open to the Impact selling him quickly while his value is high so he could be replaced easily.

Does anyone think his decision could be helped or hurt by our showing at the Gold Cup? 

4 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Fuck that, if a TFC player turns his back on Canada i would shun him. Country over club. 

I'd argue that a player who spent nearly half his life in the IC and who's entire family tree is in the IC would be turning his back on them as much as us. He's a true dual-international, this decision clearly isn't easy for him. As long as you realize your viewpoint is biased.

Also, I've got some bad news about your top prospect at TFC...

10 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

I'd argue that a player who spent nearly half his life in the IC and who's entire family tree is in the IC would be turning his back on them as much as us. He's a true dual-international, this decision clearly isn't easy for him. As long as you realize your viewpoint is biased.

Also, I've got some bad news about your top prospect at TFC...

Are you sure Akinola is still in the Toronto FC system?He has kinda gone AWAL.