NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

7 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Twitter is reporting that Once Caldas did not sign Nicolas Galvis after his tryout but that he is signing with Deportivo Perreira in the second division of Colombia.

I like this move if true. Assuming he will get more playing time and eventually make a move to the top league 

8 hours ago, Toje said:

Nevelo Yoseke has signed with Oskarshamns AIK in Sweden (3rd tier) 

http://oskarshamnsaik.se/forandringar-i-oskarshamns-aik-spelartrupp/

Soccerway has him down as a Canadian citizen.

http://int.soccerway.com/players/nevelo-yoseke/319239/

He appeared for Canada at the 2013 U-17 World Cup, so he is definitely a Canadian citizen: http://canadasoccer.com/?t=profile&pid=13020

16 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Now official :

:

I didn't realize OZ coached that team.  I'm going to assume he had a big part in this move considering how quickly he moved from the previous club he was with on trial. 

Also interesting this club plays in a 30k seat stadium..

56 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

A bit underwhelming no? 

More than that. Falkirk was a better team. If he wasn't going to move up a level then he should have stayed there. I hope Fraser doesn't become a journeyman bopping around lower level clubs, if this is the level of offers he's getting I'd rather him come to the CPL when it launches.

21 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

More than that. Falkirk was a better team. If he wasn't going to move up a level then he should have stayed there. I hope Fraser doesn't become a journeyman bopping around lower level clubs, if this is the level of offers he's getting I'd rather him come to the CPL when it launches.

1 hour ago, Boominbooty said:

A bit underwhelming no? 

This is pretty expected, he's Championship starter quality but he didn't get consistent playing time at Falkirk because they have incredible depth on the wing. This is a good move for him.

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

Nice find! Does anyone know if he's eligible for us? That's a pretty decent sized club for him to be at.

I was tracking him on the MOACA a while back. He's a tall, lanky DM born in '88. Saw him play once against Cavallini when Cavs was at Juventud, he was decent that game.

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

Does anyone know if he's eligible for us?

Apparently all we know is that he has a Canadian passport somehow. The issue is that he played for Uruguay's under-17 team back in 2005, so if he didn't have his Canadian passport before then he won't be eligible for a one-time switch.

29 minutes ago, Zem said:

Apparently all we know is that he has a Canadian passport somehow. The issue is that he played for Uruguay's under-17 team back in 2005, so if he didn't have his Canadian passport before then he won't be eligible for a one-time switch.

The issue of a passport actually wouldn't be relevant, the issue is whether he was eligible before his caps (ie had a parent born in Canada).  Scott Arfield didn't have a passport before his Scotland caps for example but was eligible for us since birth so it was never an issue.