Jump to content

NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)


Fussball_eh
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Big_M said:

Higher salary in this case doesn't necessarily mean higher level of play of the league when it comes to comparing with d4 spain or italy. .....Unfortunately a lot of overestimating pro leagues here and not understanding that the level of training and development is much much higher there which means that even lower leagues are of high quality

This eve I went to a 4th tier league match, Horta, a Barcelona suburb, vs the Espanyol B team, played at a very high technical level, very fast, huge pressure on the ball, strong tactical and positional play, with some real technical talent (and a massive brawl at the end, punches and all). Of course a B team of a Liga side is going to have that kind of player, and they won handily. This game was higher quality than the Whitecaps USL I saw this year. But this was exceptional. For a kid from Spain to be in 4th tier means little, for a Canadian to be exposed to it, might mean a lot for development. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mfyBdTWcz7Jk9i7IFim-6XLLLAuPPm8TGLqZNNKkfaQ/pubhtml#

 

Just 2 corrections that Pancho Fernandez who plays in Chile for La Serena is a 1998 (not sure what month or day) and is only of Filipino descent not Chilean. Also David Romano who plays for FC Murese in Italy has only an Italian passport not a Chilean passport, both of are not of Chilean descent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TFC2017 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mfyBdTWcz7Jk9i7IFim-6XLLLAuPPm8TGLqZNNKkfaQ/pubhtml#

 

Just 2 corrections that Pancho Fernandez who plays in Chile for La Serena is a 1998 (not sure what month or day) and is only of Filipino descent not Chilean. Also David Romano who plays for FC Murese in Italy has only an Italian passport not a Chilean passport, both of are not of Chilean descent.

How does Chile have anything to do with this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jith12 said:

How does Chile have anything to do with this?

Under 2nd nationality Pancho Fernandez is listed as Chilean and Filipino. His 2nd nationality is Filipino, there's no chilean blood in him. Same goes for David Romano who's 2nd nationality is listed as Chilean and Italian. He also has no chilean in him, his 2nd nationality is only Italian. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TFC2017 said:

Under 2nd nationality Pancho Fernandez is listed as Chilean and Filipino. His 2nd nationality is Filipino, there's no chilean blood in him. Same goes for David Romano who's 2nd nationality is listed as Chilean and Italian. He also has no chilean in him, his 2nd nationality is only Italian. 

I'm confused. If he has no connection to Chile then why is it listed as his second nationality?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jith12 said:

I'm confused. If he has no connection to Chile then why is it listed as his second nationality?

There are a lot of Canadian players listing Chile as a second nationality lately, as a way of getting an EU passport. This is related to a recent WHO ruling on acquired genetic traits, what is called soft inheritance. If you can get your Chile nationality recognized as a Canadian, you can fast track your EU status and even pass it on to your children, so we can get multiple generations of Canadians under the Chile flag, also known as La Roja, like Canada, Reds, playing in European lower tiers. If we don't have a thread on this on the board you should probably start one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jith12 said:

I'm confused. If he has no connection to Chile then why is it listed as his second nationality?

That's exactly my point lol, it needs to be changed, neither have any connection to Chile other than the fact Pancho plays in Chile. 

 

My post was simply to point out a mistake lmfao 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There are a lot of Canadian players listing Chile as a second nationality lately, as a way of getting an EU passport. This is related to a recent WHO ruling on acquired genetic traits, what is called soft inheritance. If you can get your Chile nationality recognized as a Canadian, you can fast track your EU status and even pass it on to your children, so we can get multiple generations of Canadians under the Chile flag, also known as La Roja, like Canada, Reds, playing in European lower tiers. If we don't have a thread on this on the board you should probably start one.

That may be the case for some players but for these 2 specific players it's simply a mistake by whoever uploaded the information. 

Edited by TFC2017
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There are a lot of Canadian players listing Chile as a second nationality lately, as a way of getting an EU passport. This is related to a recent WHO ruling on acquired genetic traits, what is called soft inheritance.

 

15 minutes ago, TFC2017 said:

That may be the case....

e6cfbaf12b398c7d7d77499a46002322--intern

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There are a lot of Canadian players listing Chile as a second nationality lately, as a way of getting an EU passport. This is related to a recent WHO ruling on acquired genetic traits, what is called soft inheritance. If you can get your Chile nationality recognized as a Canadian, you can fast track your EU status and even pass it on to your children, so we can get multiple generations of Canadians under the Chile flag, also known as La Roja, like Canada, Reds, playing in European lower tiers. If we don't have a thread on this on the board you should probably start one.

if Canada raised our world ranking  position and  reputation , players would choice to be  recognized as Canadian. 

Canada has to be a  certain world ranking for our players to get work permits in some countries in Europe. For example in the U.K. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

if Canada raised our world ranking  position and  reputation , players would choice to be  recognized as Canadian. 

Canada has to be a  certain world ranking for our players to get work permits in some countries in Europe. For example in the U.K. 

Interesting. 

But until that time you'll see Canadians looking to exploit any avenue they can to get an EU passport. I remember a few years ago Daniel Haber was trying to use his Jewish heritage to acquire German citizenship under the Juden Verboten Act of 1936.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...