Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Larin wasn t really good tonight. He struggled in holding the ball and misplayed too many easy pass. It was an off night for him for sure.

He was okay. Not his 11 goal self, but that was due to many factors. 

He wasn't getting any service unless it was in the air, and he was playing a lone striker with absolutely no support (No Kaka). TFC's middle four was very organized tonight.

Larin is most definitely not used to the pressure. The Gold Cup is a JOKE compared to the pressure cooker that is WCQ. Inexperienced Canadian players NEVER produce in WCQ (against non-minnows).

As good as Larin is, I'm concerned he will mentally shit himself.

Our entire World Cup rides on that first Honduras home game. It's too soon for Larin. He'll only have been a pro for 8, 9 months in Nov.

Larin isn't the problem. Yes I get what your saying, but the kid doesn't have a chance because we cannot deliver him a ball. You can have the best forward in the world but if your Mid cannot produce a build up play and get the ball to him then he won't be able to be effective

Larin isn't the problem. Yes I get what your saying, but the kid doesn't have a chance because we cannot deliver him a ball. You can have the best forward in the world but if your Mid cannot produce a build up play and get the ball to him then he won't be able to be effective

Agreed. I also believe that if we were to replace Larin with Occean, things would be just as bad because we would still have just as much trouble delivering the ball to Occean.

Haber is a little different because we are better at aerial crosses but besides that, Haber is less creative and has more trouble dealing with the last defender with the ball on the ground than Larin or Occean does.

Overall, I'd pick Larin at home or in San Pedro Sula. He's also not as bothered by the heat and humidity, playing in Orlando instead of England or Norway.

I want occean at least called up into the wcq roster and then go from there.

Let occean and larin compete in training. Give the one who looks better a start in the first game. If he doesnt produce let the other guy start.

We need options up front. Call them both up. Let the most in form in training start first game. Sub the other in around 70 mins. Re evaluate from there.

Larin is a stud but for every beast game he plays he also produces duds like the gold cup and like against tfc last night. He is going to be a beast for us in the future but right now he is too young and inconsistent. We cant have that in a must win/ tie game in san pedro sula. Need to have options off the bench. Im also worried about larins mental game in mex pan and hon as just a yr a go he was playing for sigma in ontario. Thats a lot to handle.

for me  first game at home vs  honduras   BOTH  ON THE FIELD  ....  and a tight midfield    of   osorio  hutchinson  johnson and de guzman or teibert if Julian is out injured.   at the back  a solid  right back,   edgar   jakovic and de jong 

Looks like Larin is so highly thought of, Canada's rank has gone to 29th!

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4200/fifa/2015/08/06/14210282/argentina-remains-atop-fifa-world-rankings-canada-up-to-no?ICID=HP_TS_2

The caption is: 

Argentina remains atop FIFA world rankings; Canada up to No. 29

Hopefully goal.com hasn't fixed this before you view so you can get a laugh. Actually the text has us at 101 (up 2!), it's USA at 29.

As much as I like how Haber has gone on from his much maligned performance as a CB at the WYC 07, to me he's just a late game, situational player.

But still an important late game sub. He is a useful tool if we need to use the aerial game for a late goal. Not a starter but should keep his position over other strikers that do not have his unique skills. If we keep three strikers on the roster then Larin as starter, Occean to push him for that spot and Haber as a strategic piece.

We shouldn't be playing a lone striker in the first place. Akindele and Larin up front, or either paired with Ricketts would be a vast improvement on what we saw in the gold cup. We don't have any forward talented enough to hold up the ball on their own, we need two options for service from the midfield, and they need to be able to play off of each other and collect rebounds.

The lone striker is not something we can pull off.

We shouldn't be playing a lone striker in the first place. Akindele and Larin up front, or either paired with Ricketts would be a vast improvement on what we saw in the gold cup. We don't have any forward talented enough to hold up the ball on their own, we need two options for service from the midfield, and they need to be able to play off of each other and collect rebounds.

Please explain how Canada can play with two strikers, who they will be and how it will tactically work. 

We shouldn't be playing a lone striker in the first place... for service from the midfield,.

To be fair, Hutchinson and Johnson didn't play in our games against Dominica and didn't play in the Gold Cup. With both Hutchinson and Johnson healthy, Larin should get proper support as a lone striker. It could work if they are both healthy. The Floro strategy of a lone striker could then look much more intelligent because we would have a proper midfield than can hold the ball and pass creatively moving forward.

Larin is most definitely not used to the pressure. The Gold Cup is a JOKE compared to the pressure cooker that is WCQ. Inexperienced Canadian players NEVER produce in WCQ (against non-minnows).

As good as Larin is, I'm concerned he will mentally shit himself.

Our entire World Cup rides on that first Honduras home game. It's too soon for Larin. He'll only have been a pro for 8, 9 months in Nov.

I think Larin has a chance to be not just good, but great. It's games like that that separate the good players from the great players. 

Please explain how Canada can play with two strikers, who they will be and how it will tactically work. 

i will play something like this as the starting eleven

BORJAN  OR  STAMATOUPOULOS

D.HENRY       EDGAR   JAKOVIC       DE JONG

TEIBERT/OSORIO      STRAITH     JOHNSON      HUTCHINSON

OCCEAN    

LARIN 

thats a very strong 11 i cant see someone  with a better team    with  DE GUZMAN FOR JOHNSON  and OSORIO, TISSOT   AND BEKKER   PLUS  HABER  AND  RICKETTS  FOR DEPTH  AND  HAINAULT   

YOU JUST  NEED YOUR BEST  20 PLAYERS

i will play something like this as the starting eleven

BORJAN OR STAMATOUPOULOS

D.HENRY EDGAR JAKOVIC DE JONG

TEIBERT/OSORIO STRAITH JOHNSON HUTCHINSON

OCCEAN

LARIN

thats a very strong 11 i cant see someone with a better team with DE GUZMAN FOR JOHNSON and OSORIO, TISSOT AND BEKKER PLUS HABER AND RICKETTS FOR DEPTH AND HAINAULT

YOU JUST NEED YOUR BEST 20 PLAYERS

I would be open to trying something like that against Belize, anything to try and generate some offence.

I agree, we have to put out our most talented roster, even if it doesn't fit the system or roles, and see what happens. Hockey Canada went through something similar in the 90s where they were building teams based on roles and eventually they realized you have to put the best players out and let them dictate the system.

I would be open to trying something like that against Belize, anything to try and generate some offence.

I agree, we have to put out our most talented roster, even if it doesn't fit the system or roles, and see what happens. Hockey Canada went through something similar in the 90s where they were building teams based on roles and eventually they realized you have to put the best players out and let them dictate the system.

Ppl still complain that the world jr team is picked based on roles and not best players availae.

Ppl still complain that the world jr team is picked based on roles and not best players availae.

Maybe, but compared to 20 yrs. ago it's night and day the way the team is selected and the amount of talent at the bottom end of the roster.

Our roster would pick itself if we had a manager who paid attention to literally anything but his camps... but I mean, I'm not a coach so I clearly don't know a thing....

Also Bekker is better than Osorio and Teibert...

Also I'm drunk.

Our roster would pick itself if we had a manager who paid attention to literally anything but his camps... but I mean, I'm not a coach so I clearly don't know a thing....

Also Bekker is better than Osorio and Teibert...

Also I'm drunk.

Has Bekker even made the bench for Montreal since the trade?

I knew he was being sarcastic. I was actually wondering if he's made the bench at all for the Impact.

No he has not made the bench yet. He did kick the ball around with the subs at halftime last night and is training with the first team but no bench appearances yet.

Archived