Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rate Edwini Bonsu better than Ricketts, honestly. He seems quicker and has a better touch. I hope he gets some playing time soon or solidifies himself at a decent club. I was impressed with him from the Jamaica match. He would be a great 60+ minute sub for a spark. I hope he's involved.

I'm eager to see what Floro fields with a decent roster (Canadian standards). Will he play our best availible players and give our attack hope? Or will he bunker with Bekker, Ricketts & co.

Will Floro use these two games to get anyone Cap-tied? He cap-tied Mallan Roberts in Dominica ( I know he was only called up because of injury but this is the time to do it)

Trafford?

Lefevre?

Boakai?

Petrasso?

I would really like to see the first 3 of these players brought in this time around..Petrasso for me has not done enough recently to get a call in. As far as I can see he is not even making the bench for QPR, nor is he out in loan anywhere.

In contrast, Trafford has become one of the better midfielders in Finland and seems destined for a transfer to a better level (Poland?), Lefevre has been slotting in for the Impact when needed and has been useful, and Boakai, while not lighting up the scoresheets in NASL, is getting more opportunities and came off a strong PanAM tournament. I would also like to see Aleman but being cap tied I wouldn't complain too much to not see him there.

you could almost make a team of guys on the fringe/guys returning to the program who deserve a look.  Wonder how many of these guys Floro will call up?  My guess is 3.  

Occean

Jackson

Hume

Jackson-Hamel

Edwini-Bonsu

Nakajima-Farran

Johnson

Bernier

Aleman

Fisk

C. Trafford

Froese

Boakai

Gage

Henry

Lefevre

Adekugbe

"Thunder Dan"

Monsalve

Leutwiler

Woops. My mistake. Completely misread that

No sweat brother.

So more and more I think of this upcoming series the more I want to see Forese and Aleman. I would also like to see Issey back in the fold. The thing is, I don't think we'll get those 3 AND Ricketts (which is unfortunately a sure bet).

At this point, my midfield and striker choices are:

Larin

Akindele

Occean

Froese

Aleman

Issey

Hutchinson

Johnson

Piette

Tissot

Osorio

Teibert

I guess I will restate my defence choices too

Henry

Morgan

de Jong

Edgar

Jakovic

Ouimette

Lefevre (for Hainault - just to let him settle and give this guy a look)

Ledgerwood

No sweat brother.

So more and more I think of this upcoming series the more I want to see Forese and Aleman. I would also like to see Issey back in the fold. The thing is, I don't think we'll get those 3 AND Ricketts (which is unfortunately a sure bet).

At this point, my midfield and striker choices are:

Larin

Akindele

Occean

Froese

Aleman

Issey

Hutchinson

Johnson

Piette

Tissot

Osorio

Teibert

I guess I will restate my defence choices too

Henry

Morgan

de Jong

Edgar

Jakovic

Ouimette

Lefevre (for Hainault - just to let him settle and give this guy a look)

Ledgerwood

Jakovic was declared out for 6 weeks in the past week or so. I don't think that he'll be there. I do think that Hainault is a good replacement and that he'll want to get Lefèvre in

Aside from that I'd get Ricketts instead of Aleman to give us some depth on the wings.

Ricketts is great against minnows and can have an impact as a sub for us.

Bummer for Dejan but good opportunity for someone else to step in. Yeah you probably want one of Issey or Aleman because Ricketts does have that killer speed and if you don't bring him in you'll probably see at least one of REB or Jackson. I just wish Ricketts would clean it up a little against good teams.....

Good for issey. He deserves the call. Been doing well in malaysia after it looked like he had nowhere to play.

It looks like their coach is a little concerned Issey may miss their Malaysian cup(looks like they do a playoff after the league season) opening fixture Sept 11th.

But something is bothering acting head coach of the turtle is the date Nakajima will return to Rajasthan may see the players missed the chance to play in the first match of the group stage of the Malaysia Cup which is scheduled to start on 11 September.

I must admit, im jealous of all the places issey has played. Really got the most out of his career travelling wise.

England
Japan
Denmark
Australia
Cyprus
Canada
Spain
Malaysia

Not bad. Not bad.

Edit: Did some research and Issey was able to use his Japaneese citizenship to count as an Asian player instead of a strictly foregin player. Looks like it helped him secure a job.

Former Honduran international Jerry Palacios also plays in the league as well as Jamaican international Damion Stewart

Don't mind the Piette call up, especially if de Guzman is injured.

I think Piette might be ahead of de Guzman now for the starting midfield position, with de Guzman playing back-up to Piette or brought in beside him if we are playing a more defensive game.

I think Piette might be ahead of de Guzman now for the starting midfield position, with de Guzman playing back-up to Piette or brought in beside him if we are playing a more defensive game.

That would be a huge mistake.

I dont think thats the case. Floro loves deguz. He was a starter for us when he didnt have a club for a year. Plus he looked almost like the deguz of old in the gold cup. Especially against costa rica before he tired out.

Issey proud of the call-up: https://instagram.com/p/6tmBI3qiI_/

BTW, he has lots of time to get back for the Cup final, he'll be there two days ahead of it, and unlike his teammates will have played competitive matches immediately before it. 

Actually, no. The Belize game is on the 8th. He probalby won't leave until the 9th from Belize. (I didn't find any flights through google flights to leave Belize City to a layover on the way to Kuala Lumpur)

I didn't find one plane arriving on September 10th. The earliest he could arrive according is on matchday at 7:35am and do you think that any athlete would play less than 12 hours after being on layovers or on planes for the last 27-40 hours?

https://www.google.com/flights/#search;f=BZE;t=KUL;d=2015-09-09;r=2015-09-12;tt=o;so=l.

Archived