Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

Nothing unexpected?!

Crepeau, Petrasso, JOHNSON, HUTCHINSON, Adekugbe... all pleasant surprises.  

Bekker, not so much.

Love this roster.  No TFC players may be hard ball on Floro's part... I can't see any other reason.  

Or Vanney asking to keep players to remain in playoff contention. He's also been in contact with USSF asking to keep Bradley and Altidore. (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/08/27/report-us-national-team-captain-michael-bradley-expected-miss-friendly-again)

But yes, pleasant surprises indeed. A young side too, which I also like to see.

Was hoping for OO and Leutwiler though.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Johnson and Atiba both being back is great news.

And then the young kids like Adekugbe, Gasparotto, James and Petrasso being involved is nice

No Osorio is odd though. And I wish that Henry would have been on the roster...also the continued inclusion of Bekker is unfortunate but not surprising

Yeah, as others have said ... no Osorio and Henry are the biggest disappointments, but glad to see WJ and AH back.  Love the Petrasso inclusion.

Occean would have been nice, but at this point, we just have to accept that he's done with the MNT, even if he score 30 goals this season.

Edit: I'm also surprised that Hainault didn't get called in, especially since Jako is out injured.

No OO? Dissapointing

A reporter NEEDS to question Floro on that exclusion. As well as Oso and Tissot though TFC and MTL prob held him back.

A question needs to be raised about Leutwiler as well.

Kyle Bekker is playing USL. And thats not the reason why he shouldnt be called. He shouldn't be called because we have seen for TFC, for FC Dallas and for the canMNT that he doesn't add anything of value to the squads.

Teibert was on the outs for a few games also. Might be just Floro's style when dealing with younger players he sees as valuable players to this team for many years. He may just take a very paternalistic approach in the hopes that the player improves.

Like others, I am thrilled to see Atiba and Will back in the fold. Our midfield service should improve immensely, which I think is needed more than forward turn-over.

Disappointed not to see Doneil included, especially with Jakovic out injured.

Love the roster turnover. Great to bring new/U-23 guys in (to gain exposure/experience). Also great to keep others on their toes (going forward).

So what will we see?

I hope, with this roster,

------------------------------Larin--------------------
Akindele-----Hutchinson----Johnson-----Issey
------------------------------Piette-------------------
De Jong------Edgar---Ouimette--Ledgerwood
-----------------------------Borjan----------------------

I expect from Benito,

----------------------Bekker-------------------------
Ricketts-------------------------------------Edgar
----------------Straith---James-----------------
----------------------Bekker----------------------
De Jong-------Edgar---Ouimette--Ledgerwood
----------------------Piette----------------------------

Kurt Larson on twitter is stating that Osorio simply wasn't selected and that it has nothing to do with CSA & TFC agreeing to hold him back.

I think Floro actually rates Bekker higher than Osorio

seriously? WTF

Bekker over Osorio?

yes I am questioning the coach's decisions.

is it because Oso showed passion when he was subbed off at BMO?

give me a break

Henry and Osorio are the only two players I'd add to this. I assume all our strikers are getting regular minutes at their clubs currently? Only argument against Henry is he isn't getting regular minutes at West Ham. Oso is at TFC, so I assume a deal was struck to keep him there to help TFC's playoff placement.

Overall I am slightly dissapointed. I understand leaving out Morgan and Osorio (unless the KL reports are accurate) Tissot is not as easy to swallow because he has been pushed down the depth chart since Vengas arrived. If he plays with MTL and misses out with us I won't mind as he's gained some good experience with us in recent months.

I like the call of Adekugbe in Morgan's absense but i'm in the fence about the Petrasso call. On one hand he has huge potential and will be a career starter in the Championship or higher, but right now he is not seeing the field with QPR nor is he on loan in league one or elsewhere. Seems like strange timing and i'm surprised he was chosen when Froese and Boakai have been granted first team opportunities all season, while Aleman and Carriero are beginning their campaigns with chances to play as well.

Not too happy with Henry's exclusion but i'm sure we will get a logical explaination once Floro is quizzed.

What really rubs me the wrong way is Bekker. This is a guy who can't even make the bench with MTL at the moment. Aside from set pieces (where he is very useful), he really is all hype and going on 25 years of age, he should already be fufilling his potential.

No Occean? No surprise. Really though we need an explination as to where he stands because as long as he stays hot he should be up for selection. I'm sure Floro is considering him but I want to hear him go on record, because quite frankly it would be unacceptable to ignore a guy (who wants to be there) scoring with one of the better clubs in Norway, regardless of age.

Atiba and Will calls do not excite me because in my eyes they should be there regardless. It's not like we brought in Arfield or Hoilett - these guys are already veterans of our program. Glad they are there but it's an expectation and when things occur that I expect I don't consider that a win.

The two young CB's I am okay with, but Levfere and Vitoria would have really been something to get excited about (moreso the former).

...and WHERE is this lad from Shrewsbury town?????

Archived