Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of some pace at the fullback position so Morgan if he is fit would be a starter for me! It will be interesting to see how Floro plays the first leg at home, ideally we want to wrap this tie up before travelling to the jungle on the Tuesday, I expect a bit of a cautious start, we certainly don't want to concede an away goal with our apparent lack of goal scoring!

Teibert, as Floro hinted at, was the best dribbler on the GC squad. He's got decent pace, he's young - going to be with the program as we move forward - and his work ethic is very good. I hope to see him in the starting 11.

It depends what style of play we follow. If we are playing the ol boot and run U10 community style, then sure, toss Ricketts out or a track and field star with no touch for that matter.

If we play a possession game, Teibert can play on the ride or left side of midfield. He's played there plenty of times and it's more useful to have someone who can deliver quality balls and shots rather than having speed. He's fast too, not sure where people get the idea that he's not quick.

Just please get toe bunting, janitor Ricketts out of the starting 11.

Teibert, as Floro hinted at, was the best dribbler on the GC squad. He's got decent pace, he's young - going to be with the program as we move forward - and his work ethic is very good. I hope to see him in the starting 11.

It depends what style of play we follow. If we are playing the ol boot and run U10 community style, then sure, toss Ricketts out or a track and field star with no touch for that matter.

If we play a possession game, Teibert can play on the ride or left side of midfield. He's played there plenty of times and it's more useful to have someone who can deliver quality balls and shots rather than having speed. He's fast too, not sure where people get the idea that he's not quick.

Just please get toe bunting, janitor Ricketts out of the starting 11.

I don't know which Teibert you've been watching, because the one I watch is very limited when it comes to long distance foot races.

Now when it comes to short sprints, Teibert is very quick. That's a good trait to have in the middle, as it allows him to close down people quickly or get to loose balls first. On the wing though it's not effective. Not as an out-and-out winger anyways.

I don't know which Teibert you've been watching, because the one I watch is very limited when it comes to long distance foot races.

Now when it comes to short sprints, Teibert is very quick. That's a good trait to have in the middle, as it allows him to close down people quickly or get to loose balls first. On the wing though it's not effective. Not as an out-and-out winger anyways.

I tend to agree , since i know my football   and when i ve watched the teibert chap played  i thought his best place in near a big striker to play off him,   and roam around ,

dont think he is a a type of "winger" or a classic right midfielder or left midfielder,  he could play there but i think his best position is near the box and near a striker  with target-man role.       he is not a defender at ALL 

Despite playing as a CDM for Vancouver the last few seasons, I believe Teibert has qualities to play in such a role for the CMNT. I don't propose we try that out now or anything, but i'd be curious to see how he looked there in a meaningless friendly.

On the otherhand, we also have guys like Boaki and Aleman who I believe are much more suited for that free role behind a striker. I wonder what Floro is waiting for with those two? I suppose he is set on our system and they don't fit in it. Unless they start absolutely tearing up the NASL and Costa Rica Primera respectively, I don't think we'll see them in that role for the CMNT - or possibly at all for that matter (for this cycle of course). If they can somehow gain the consistency to really become standouts, We might just have two players worth tweaking out system for.

What's with people thinking that we're going to have a fence sitter come into the program suddenly.  Arfield and Hoilett are not going to play for us, probably ever.

I think we're going to see something like the Gold Cup roster except that Borjan, Henry and Hutchinson will be available likely. 

I'd really like to see Henry push Ledgerwood out of the RB position.

My lineup would be:

Borjan

Henry    Edgar      Jakovic    De Jong

Teibert

Hutchinson   Osorio

Ricketts                               Akindele

Larin

Subs:

Teibert

Haber

Tissot

If Johnson is available then he'd start over Osorio and Osorio would take Tissot's PT.

The Malaysian Super League ends August 29, making Issey available and in form. He was on the long list for the Gold Cup, and in the mix as recently as Iceland, Colombia. He was MLS until half a year ago.

Also happens to be a player working the lines between mids and strikers, and can play near the wing, areas where we are lacking.

People on this board have memories like Dory from Nemo, only the last players seen or on a bench, if lucky, enter into consciousness. Except for the big clichés, like Johnson. Anyone seen Will play recently? I have and, well, ho hum.

Also, about not calling unattached or 4th tier players: lucky for Piette he just loaned over to a 3rd tier team.

I'd like to come in on who should go Olympics and who WCQ, but first let's get past Belize, scoring and regaining confidence, remembering what it means to travel down "there". And then the next step. Basically, anyone who can contribute to Canada, if we make the next round of WCQ, should play for the senior men. And anyone who can't, or not yet or not quite, but would love to play in the Olympics, let him commit himself to our u-23s for now, understanding.

So for Larin, and Piette, you have to pose the question like this, "Are you willing to commit to the full men's squad knowing it may mean you are not part of the Olympic mix and will miss your only chance to ever go?" Same with Teibert if he is still eligible, and Sam Adekugbe.

Anyone see how Borjan's team was knocked out of Champions by Moldavian minnow Milsami and he did not play? Then Milsami looks like they'll get knocked out by an Albanian team I have never heard of? Easily the two most humble sides still alive, and Ludogorets out.

Good thing he left us to prepare for all that.

Anyone see how Borjan's team was knocked out of Champions by Moldavian minnow Milsami and he did not play? Then Milsami looks like they'll get knocked out by an Albanian team I have never heard of? Easily the two most humble sides still alive, and Ludogorets out.

Good thing he left us to prepare for all that.

sarcasm all the way ,  i know some of you are bitter because of some turncoats like caolan lavery, hargreaves jono de guzman and a few more , but you had  some very good players like radzinski, imhoff, mckenna and kuklowski,  for any turncoat you have a class act ,  look it up 

Id rather not have an unattached player who couldnt even get minutes in leage one starting.

Im sure lots of players are hungry to play, doesnt mean theyre good enough to get a chance.

If he wasn't good enough to get the chance, he would not have been called.

Id rather not have an unattached player who couldnt even get minutes in leage one starting.

Im sure lots of players are hungry to play, doesnt mean theyre good enough to get a chance.

Sim Jackson 2014/15: 1219 minutes, 3 goals

Tos Ricketts 2014/15: 2049 minutes, 1 goal 

Archived