Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

What would it be? Assume both Johnson and Hutchinson are healthy. 

Sorry if this isn't allowed!

PS. Does anyone know if you can exchange Jays tickets? I was going to Toronto on Sept 4 for the weekend, and we got tickets to the Jays on the 4th and 5th. Hoping to exchange the 4th for 6th, so I can go to the Canada vs. Belize game. Ugh!

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt drop haber. Hes good at what he does.(scoring in the air).

Id add occean for someone though, perhaps a holding mid since floro likes sticking defenders in that position anyways.

For me it depends on who is in form come September.  If Haber isn't playing I drop him for Occean, if he's playing well then I'd probably drop Jackson even though it would take away wing depth.

For me it depends on who is in form come September. If Haber isn't playing I drop him for Occean, if he's playing well then I'd probably drop Jackson even though it would take away wing depth.

Agreed. Playing is key.

Heck id just be happy if atiba and johnson were back on the roster.

I'd like to see Boakai because he brings an element of offensive flare and unpredictability that we don't have on the team.

If we need a goal in the second half of a must-win game, who else would you bring on? Boakai creates openings and opportunities unlike anyone we have in the system now. 

I'd like to see Boakai because he brings an element of offensive flare and unpredictability that we don't have on the team.

If we need a goal in the second half of a must-win game, who else would you bring on? Boakai creates openings and opportunities unlike anyone we have in the system now.

Floro's answer to that question would be hainault.

Lmao im sorry. Couldnt help myself.

Floro will have to have a more offensive system in place with Hutch and Johnson... right?

I still blame Hart for not just subbing the suspended Occean with Hume (or really any striker) way back in 2012. Would it have made a difference? Who knows.. but going for the draw really ticks me off unless it's a team that clearly outmatches you. 

I still blame Hart for not just subbing the suspended Occean with Hume (or really any striker) way back in 2012. Would it have made a difference? Who knows.. but going for the draw really ticks me off unless it's a team that clearly outmatches you. 

He *did* replace Occean with a striker, Cavallini, who came into the game in the second half. (Given the scoreline at the time, no, it didn't make a difference, other than to cap-tie the kid.)

We don't have dribblers hey Floro? Time to bring in Boaki and Petrasso.

Borjan

Stama

Roberts

De Jong

Morgan

Jakovic

Edgar

Henry

Ledgerwood

Straith

de Guzman

Hutchinson

Johnson

Osorio

Teibert

Tissot

Piette

Petrasso

Jackson

Ricketts

Boaki

Akindele

Larin

Occean

We don't have dribblers hey Floro? Time to bring in Boaki and Petrasso.

Borjan

Stama

Roberts

De Jong

Morgan

Jakovic

Edgar

Henry

Ledgerwood

Straith

de Guzman

Hutchinson

Johnson

Osorio

Teibert

Tissot

Piette

Petrasso

Jackson

Ricketts

Boaki

Akindele

Larin

Occean

Some of the most composed looking dribblers I have seen recently are Osorio and Chapman...

Drop: Hirschfeld, Ouimette, Pacheco, Bekker, Simeon Jackson

Add: Borjan, Doneil Henry, Atiba, Will Johnson, Hanson Boakai

Occean instead of Haber? Sure, why not.

Why drop Jackson, he didn't even get a chance in the gold cup. Drop ricketts and have him try out for a track and field team.

Haber played well for us and doesn't deserve to be dropped, but yes bring on occean

I see a few folks have mentioned Boakai. So I'm wondering -- do you want Boakai because you feel he's ready to step in and help the team, or because you just want us to cap-tie him so that he can continue to develop and we don't have to worry about it?

Yes.

Why drop Jackson, he didn't even get a chance in the gold cup. Drop ricketts and have him try out for a track and field team.

Haber played well for us and doesn't deserve to be dropped, but yes bring on occean

Because

a) Jackson didn't impress to get playing time during the Gold Cup.

B) Jackson plays for the Voyageurs' favourite club, Unattached FC

c) What has Jackson brought to that national team ever? Seriously what has he done?

d) What has Jackson done for his club during the past two years  Going to Bundesliga where he played a couple of games and disappeared for a bad team going 6 months later to a bad Championship side and not gaining a starter''s job and rarely on the matchday squad for a League One team.

e) As sad as it is, Tosaint Ricketts has been better than Simeon Jackson for our national team when both have been playing.

I do think that a lot of people like Jackson, but don't see that. He's not the saviour people.

Assuming we will still be playing the lone forward 4-5-1 (or whatever variant thereof 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1, etc) we will need a holding forward. I don't think we need JDG for Belize nor do I think we need 3 keepers. So injuries willing here is what I would like to see.

Forward (1): Larin, Occean, Haber

Outside mids/wingers (2): Akindele, Ricketts, Jackson, Tissot, Bokai

Core centre mids (2): Atiba, Johnson, Osorio, Pacheco

Defensive mid (1): Straith, Peitte, Teibert

Defenders (4): Edgar, Jakovic, Hainault, Henry, de Jong, Morgan

Keeper (1): Borjan, Stama

Archived