Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I'd like to see, based on playing time and skills and knowing that Jakovic and De Guzman are injured:

Stamatopoulos

Leutwiler

Borjan

de Jong

Morgan

Edgar

Henry

Ouimette

Ledgerwood

Ricketts

Johnson

Nakajima-Farran

Straith

Hutchinson

C. Trafford

Teibert

Pacheco

Osorio

Haber

Cavallini

Larin

Akindele

Occean

Let's get Cavallini into camp here.... I'm sure he will mature soon, into a man, and realize that international football is a good stage and its sought after! He's friends with Oso, hopefully he will talk sense into him. We would be setting ourselves up with a decent striker pool heading into the group stage.

Let's get Cavallini into camp here.... I'm sure he will mature soon, into a man, and realize that international football is a good stage and its sought after! He's friends with Oso, hopefully he will talk sense into him. We would be setting ourselves up with a decent striker pool heading into the group stage.

There is nothing we can do on our end.

He doesn't want to play for us.

So, the way I see it: Larin is the incumbent and Haber is the back up. Occean's form and experience makes him a wild card who ought to be brought in for a look. So where exactly would Cavallini fit in?

Occean - If we are bringing in someone "new" for Floro to look at, there is no doubt in my mind this man makes more sense than Cavallini. He is in mid season form, he is scoring, he is an important player for a top club in a better league and he has big game experience for both club and country. We are on the verge of the WCQ semi final round and I don't know why anyone would trade all of those benefits Occean brings for Cavallini's supposed upside.The opportunites to integrate new guys is extremely limited and if you had to choose one this would be the smart choice. If Lucas was scoring at a rate of 0.5 GPG with Nacional (not on loan) and was the subject of transfer rumours to bigger leagues and was in mid season form and was playing in Copa Sud America I still wouldn't select him over Occean. Haber? Possibly. But not Occean. You need at least one experienced guy leading the line....

Larin - I think it's pretty hard to make a case for dropping him for Cavallini. His strike rate in MLS is around 0.5 GPG and he has proven to produce something out of nothing - a skill we sorely lack. Conversely, Cavallini (from the little we've seen) is opportunistic and finishes from close range - but we get this from Larin too. As for current form, Cavallini is just beginning his season while Larin is in the thick of his, so you'd expect him to be sharper.

Haber - despite being the current number two who has earned Floro's trust, you'd still likely view him as the guy to drop for Cavallini, but I think the appeal with dropping him for Cavallini comes from 'the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. I mean let's face it, it's more advantageous for our players to play in Uruguay versus league one, but not because the quality is better. It's subjective but I believe the defending in league one is superior to what Cavallini faces. More importantly, Haber actually has scored for Canada, whereas Cavallini is still unproven. His 1 lone goal for our U-23's counts for little in my eyes.

So, the way I see it: Larin is the incumbent and Haber is the back up. Occean's form and experience makes him a wild card who ought to be brought in for a look. So where exactly would Cavallini fit in?

Occean - If we are bringing in someone "new" for Floro to look at, there is no doubt in my mind this man makes more sense than Cavallini. He is in mid season form, he is scoring, he is an important player for a top club in a better league and he has big game experience for both club and country. We are on the verge of the WCQ semi final round and I don't know why anyone would trade all of those benefits Occean brings for Cavallini's supposed upside.The opportunites to integrate new guys is extremely limited and if you had to choose one this would be the smart choice. If Lucas was scoring at a rate of 0.5 GPG with Nacional (not on loan) and was the subject of transfer rumours to bigger leagues and was in mid season form and was playing in Copa Sud America I still wouldn't select him over Occean. Haber? Possibly. But not Occean. You need at least one experienced guy leading the line....

Larin - I think it's pretty hard to make a case for dropping him for Cavallini. His strike rate in MLS is around 0.5 GPG and he has proven to produce something out of nothing - a skill we sorely lack. Conversely, Cavallini (from the little we've seen) is opportunistic and finishes from close range - but we get this from Larin too. As for current form, Cavallini is just beginning his season while Larin is in the thick of his, so you'd expect him to be sharper.

Haber - despite being the current number two who has earned Floro's trust, you'd still likely view him as the guy to drop for Cavallini, but I think the appeal with dropping him for Cavallini comes from 'the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. I mean let's face it, it's more advantageous for our players to play in Uruguay versus league one, but not because the quality is better. It's subjective but I believe the defending in league one is superior to what Cavallini faces. More importantly, Haber actually has scored for Canada, whereas Cavallini is still unproven. His 1 lone goal for our U-23's counts for little in my eyes.

Good points.

I never said we should drop anyone for him, though. I just hope he comes to camps in the near future (& changes his attitude), especially if he continues scoring. There are very few Canadian strikers, Canadians for that matter, that play 90 mins every week and score frequently in a proffesional league. As Benito said himself, the door is open.

Archived