Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

strike a deal with Orlando for WCQ, leave him in Florida and call up Occean in his place.

Orlando plays New England Saturday night (Sep 5th). Afterwards they don't play until Sunday the 13th.

Can we call Larin for the away game in Belize only?  He'll fly down to Belize a day late to help power us through the away leg on Tuesday September 8th. We sort of have done this before...

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So cyle larin just scored a hat trick in one half against nyc.

Safe to say he'll be on the roster. And probably starting.

If he can get the service he'll score.

Also scoring 3 goals in an mls half is a good way to forget about that wide open miss against el salvador.

beautiful!!!! looking forward to the MLS highlights package.

If Larin isn't released for both legs, then I think it's a perfect time to bring Occean back in. 

I, too, think that Ricketts is a guaranteed starter against Belize. Their lack of athleticism and organization make a guy like him much more effective. If Edwini-Bonsu is getting playing time in Aalen, then I'd like to see him in the squad in place of Jackson, assuming he's not playing regularly. 

Assuming that Johnson, Hutchison and Henry are all fit, I would drop Bekker, Pacheco and Ouimette. Keep Tissot in the group. With a full strength midfield, it's unlikely he or Pacheco will play, anyway.

If Hainault finds a club and gets playing, I'd love to see him at RB. Henry would be interesting in there as well, assuming we keep the pair of Edgar and Jankovic at CB.

Larin has to be a lock, no question. Ricketts isn't good by any stretch, I get depressed watching him play, but if he's the best we've got, what can you do?

REB? Jackson? I rate Ricketts ahead of Jackson currently (and so does the coach) so maybe leave out Jackson call REB into camp.

I hope our players don't read this board... I honestly feel like it's sometimes worse to have Ricketts on the field than to be playing with 10 men.

I don't think very many changes will happen until the end of qualification because of Floro's system and the time he requires to teach it; but, I wish Floro would create real competition at every position. Can we see Jackson in action so we can judge for ourselves?

I'd like to see Occean, Henry, Petrasso, and Will Johnson added. And a right back...I'd even take Mikael Cantave. 

Don't know.  Larin needs to be bloodied some more, that much is obvious and maybe Belize is the right opportunity for him to develop some confidense.  But I don't know.  Outside of the opportunity to give the man a more reasonable go at finding his rythym how useful is Belize in introducing him to the real world of WCQing?  Might be a false exercercise. 

Still, I'm OK with seeing if has anything more for the NT at this point.  But whatever he does bring, if given the chance, had bloody well be waaay more impressive than what he offered at the Gold Cup.  Just saying.

Don't know.  Larin needs to be bloodied some more, that much is obvious and maybe Belize is the right opportunity for him to develop some confidense.  But I don't know.  Outside of the opportunity to give the man a more reasonable go at finding his rythym how useful is Belize in introducing him to the real world of WCQing?  Might be a false exercercise. 

Still, I'm OK with seeing if has anything more for the NT at this point.  But whatever he does bring, if given the chance, had bloody well be waaay more impressive than what he offered at the Gold Cup.  Just saying.

Sure, it would be nice for him to show more. But he's what, 20-years-old? He's got time to develop and he's already, at least as good as Ricketts or Jackson. 

Take Larin to both WC & Olympic qualifiers. There's a decent chance that Orlando will be out of a playoff spot by the time Olympic qualifiers happen in October. Conversely, you don't take any chances in a 2-game series where there is no margin of error  regardless of who you are playing, and given that (for some unknown reason) Belize has been given home field advantage over us by getting the 2nd leg at home.

I always thought having the second game at home was a disadvantage to the home team, not an advantage.

Especially when away goals are worth more. If the game goes into extra time the away team has 120 total minutes to score a goal worth almost 2 goals. While the second leg home team only had 90 mins in the first leg.

I know this will never happen but: this would give Larin good service.

------------------------------Larin-----------------------------

De Jong-----Hutchinson--------Osorio--------Teibert

----------------------------Johnson---------------------------

Morgan-------------Edgar-----Henry-----Ledgerwood

De Jong has a good left boot and has skill, period. The players would be the first to say he is one of the most skilled on the team. Teibert we know can also deliver. Factor in Hutch and Oso - this is a HOME field formation I'd like to see.

REB, in my opinion should replace Ricketts - he's just as fast and has a better touch.

I know this will never happen but: this would give Larin good service.

------------------------------Larin-----------------------------

De Jong-----Hutchinson--------Osorio--------Teibert

----------------------------Johnson---------------------------

Morgan-------------Edgar-----Henry-----Ledgerwood

De Jong has a good left boot and has skill, period. The players would be the first to say he is one of the most skilled on the team. Teibert we know can also deliver. Factor in Hutch and Oso - this is a HOME field formation I'd like to see.

REB, in my opinion should replace Ricketts - he's just as fast and has a better touch.

No to Teibert on the wing,  there are better options before him. 

He's good on the wing if we are trying to close out the game, and need defensive width. 

I would try Teibert at RB if thats the case. We need RB/LB to be able to join the atttack. 

Agreed. Teibert doesn't have the pace to play out there. I think Henry needs to slot into RB or push Edgar out there. Ricketts needs to be relegated to the bench and used against tired legs in the dying minutes. Akinedele should be in contention to start. Tissot as well. De Jong is on the bubble at LB and has competition from Tissot and Akindele at LW. REB and Jackson battle it out for RW. Occean would be nice to see.

Also don't think Johnson is suited to play DM on his own. Swap with Hutchinson and you'll get a lot more out of the team. Hutchinson can play make from deep lying positions while Johnson is better at making attacking runs from midfield. Osorio needs to be involved in some capacity as well.

What I would love to see against Belize........

Starting IV:

---------------------------------------Larin------------------------------------

--Osorio--------------------------------------------------------------Akindele

---------------------------------Hutchinson----------------------------------

------------------Johnson-----------------------DeGuzman---------------

Morgan-------------------------------------------------------------Roberts

---------------------------Edgar--------------Jackovic-------------------------

--------------------------------------Borjan-----------------------------------

Bench:

FW - Occean

FW - Haber

MF - Ricketts

MF - Teibert

MF - REB