Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really, really hope that Osorio/Morgan weren't called and this isn't the case... 

We're only going to be able to hold Bradley back for ONE friendly game, god forbid he misses one USA window for TFC.  I mean he's only missed 9 matches this year because of the USMNT, what's another 2 or 3?  And then on the contrary for Osorio and Morgan to be held back from World Cup Qualifiers would be a sham.  

I have a new nickname for Bradley instead of "The General", his TFC cartoon nickname should be "The Politician" he's so good at talking but rarely on the battlefield.  

You can knock Bradley all you want but he'd easily be the best player on our team if he was Canadian.

So let me get this right someone tell me again so it looks like we are set on playing the same type of soccer that the 86 team played when we got to the World Cup or the same style that won Greece the Euro, no problem then but we needed to hire a foreign coach to play this type of soccer really, if this is the type of soccer we are going to play then there are many coaches here in Canada that we could have hired to play this style of soccer and they would have come a lot cheaper than what this clown is getting paid! 

Johnson and and Hutchinson back with the team is a really big deal for us.

Borjan

Ledgerwood Edgar  Oimette de Jong

Piette/ Tiebert

Rickettes   Hutchinson  Jonhson   Akindele

Larin

Subs:

Piette/ Tiebert

Haber

Straith or Petrasso

That's a pretty competitive lineup.

I'm not knocking Osorio not being in the lineup.  It's a big time for TFC and Osorio is a big part of what they do.  The big part for us is that Tiebert, Hutchinson and Johnson is a really strong spine for us.  Ricketts, Akindele and Larin is really good attacking group up front.

This series is going to be really good for us.

So let me get this right someone tell me again so it looks like we are set on playing the same type of soccer that the 86 team played when we got to the World Cup or the same style that won Greece the Euro, no problem then but we needed to hire a foreign coach to play this type of soccer really, if this is the type of soccer we are going to play then there are many coaches here in Canada that we could have hired to play this style of soccer and they would have come a lot cheaper than what this clown is getting paid! 

You really think Colin Miller or Dale Mitchell could play the same style Floro has our team playing?  You're over simplifying Floro's style, his reliance on set pieces for our goals says a lot more about our pool than it does about Floro.  As a manager you work with the pieces you're given, you get everyone to buy in and you keep morale high.    

The man has our players believing in themselves and full respect from the team.  Canada is a hard team to beat under Floro, I don't care what anyone here says.  Mitchell, Hart and Miller teams were walked over... the fact is we have been in every game that we've played under Floro.  No, the results didn't go our way in the Gold Cup but that's football.  

Floro has lost ONCE to a CONCACAF opponent in his tenure and that mental breakdown came in injury time to tournament finalists who beat the States 2-1.  I don't agree with all of his player selections but there is no denying that in the past year this team has been hard to beat and if we continue to do so we will have a CHANCE to win every game.  So I'm very interested to see how we do away to Belize because that is the key in all of this... how hard are we going to be to beat on the road.  We were pretty damn tough to beat against Panama away last November.  A couple away results like that in the next round could get us in the Hex.  

Johnson and and Hutchinson back with the team is a really big deal for us.

Borjan

Ledgerwood Edgar  Oimette de Jong

Piette/ Tiebert

Rickettes   Hutchinson  Jonhson   Akindele

Larin

Subs:

Piette/ Tiebert

Haber

Straith or Petrasso

That's a pretty competitive lineup.

I'm not knocking Osorio not being in the lineup.  It's a big time for TFC and Osorio is a big part of what they do.  The big part for us is that Tiebert, Hutchinson and Johnson is a really strong spine for us.  Ricketts, Akindele and Larin is really good attacking group up front.

This series is going to be really good for us.

I think straith is better then Ouimette and is a better to play CB. If not, I'm sure floro would put James as he used him CB last time and he did a fine job

I think Floro has no confidence in our ability to score from open play and feels our best chance to score will be from Set Pieces. Hence the Bekker inclusion.

If thats his mentality we may as well concede defeat.

And this is why I am on the fence with Floro. What I think he is trying to accomplish/ revolutionize will take 10 years to reap success.

Some of the decisions he's been making, have me a little confused. In the words of Garry Neville "It is either naive, or arrogance".

The argument that bekker is decent on set pieces is weak imo. For him to be able to utilize his set piece skills he has to be on the pitch during run of play where he simply isn't very good.

Right now we are talking about bekker vs Osorio but really is bekker even better than boakai or Chapman or manella?

Bekker's set pieces skills are drastically overrated. They only look good because the rest of his game is so weak.

I would probably take Bekker over Manella who am I am similar unimpressed with but would rather have Boakai or Chapman no matter how young / inexperienced they are

For now yes. We have the material to do this style but it isn't just about the immediate results. It also means we have a coach who knows where our young players need to go to be competitive down the road. So he is working both sides of the street and trying to keep it together and get results in the short term. So far so good IMHO. Yes we have a long way to go but we are finally heading in the right direction.

If that's the case then I am really disapointed in Floro. This isn't your team, its Canada's, select the best players. Oso should be there. 

Is Canada the coach? Although i do prefer Osoiro over Bekker. He is the coach and can make any decision he wants without the advise of "Canada".

I think Floro has no confidence in our ability to score from open play and feels our best chance to score will be from Set Pieces. Hence the Bekker inclusion.

If true that is a rediculous reason. If we are only relying on set pieces to score might as well throw in the towel now and not even attend the 4th round.

Edit: Also why did Henry not get called up? Injury?

If true that is a rediculous reason. If we are only relying on set pieces to score might as well throw in the towel now and not even attend the 4th round.

We aren't "only" relying on set pieces, that makes no sense.  What are we going to do, constantly dive and win corners off defenders legs?  It's just that we are a team that scores the majority of goals off set pieces, so maximizing your odds off set pieces is our best chance... simple.  It doesn't mean you pass up opportunities to score from open play, it means you capitalize on set pieces.

Please, I challenge anyone to disprove that we score the majority of our goals from set pieces.  

Since the 2012 debacle kids these are our goals:

- Haber vs. Japan (Corner)

- Hutchinson vs. Bulgaria (PK)

- Ricketts vs. Moldova (Corner)

- Edgar vs. Jamaica (Corner)

- De Jong vs. Jamaica (FK)

- Ricketts vs. Jamaica (Open play, although it must be noted it was a GK error and nothing to do with us)

- De Ro vs. Iceland (corner)

- De Ro vs. Iceland (PK)

- Haber vs. Guatemala (Corner)

- Ricketts vs. Puerto Rico (Open play)

- REB vs. PR (Open play)

- Larin vs. PR (Open play) 

- Larin vs. Dominica (Open)

- Teibert vs. Dominica (PK)

- Akindele vs. Dominica (Open)

- Larin vs. Dominica (Open)

- Ricketts x2 vs. Dominica (Open)

So folks... 

8 open play goals in 25 matches since 2012!! 7 against minnows who have been eliminated (over the course of 3 matches) and one at home off a dropped cross from a rookie Jamaican keeper.  

So, in other words if we don't rely on set pieces we are dead... not the other way around.  Heck, even our disallowed goal in the Gold Cup was off a set piece.  

who is "they"? Morgan and Osorio? If I was Oso id be asking a lot of questions of the manager.

and lol to that one "tfc red brigade" tweet saying theres no point in oso being called up to wcq because "we'll just get destroyed next round"

great supporter of cdn soccer right there. guess he loves losing bradley to usmnt as long as the US dont get "killed"

"They" refers to Larson's sources, not Osorio or Morgan. Larson stated that he did not talk to either player about this.

I don't see why people are so surprised though. Floro obviously rates Bekker. He actually started him in our most important / winnable game in the Gold Cup vs El Salvador and played him for a shocking 75 minutes.

"They" refers to Larson's sources, not Osorio or Morgan. Larson stated that he did not talk to either player about this.

I don't see why people are so surprised though. Floro obviously rates Bekker. He actually started him in our most important / winnable game in the Gold Cup vs El Salvador and played him for a shocking 75 minutes.

its still surpprising. because even if he does rate bekker over osorio(which is ridiculous in itself). he still had room for the both of them in the gold cup. now with de guzman tissot jackson and pacheco out theres no room for osorio?

Deserving players always get left of national team calls. Del Bosque did not call Aduriz who just destroyed Barcelona with a hattrick in the Spanish Super Cup, best individual performance against the best club in the world in the past year. And was the leading Spanish scorer in the Liga. But no one is freaking out over it like the TFC supporters here with the hard-on for Osorio, even though Spain is in fact short on strikers and goals from strikers at the moment.

For Osorio for fcks sake, what exactly has been his contribution this year for TFC? He is behind his last year's stats even, he is MORE defensive and more positional from what I have seen. People forget he was pretty well forgettable in his one key start for us, in fact I'd say he was pretty nondescript. Another grey and boring defensive-minded mid of the kind we are a bit sick of in games where we need to score.

And then all these excuses for him, and him whining on the bench when subbed. 

You cannot make the whole call-up of 22 players for Belize into a I like Osorio better than Bekker thread. Guess what, I do too. Tough for me, I can handle it. 

So screw Osorio and screw Larsun who is just shit-disturbing and should be glad they are not going to miss him, and screw everyone trying to turn the Belize tie into an Osorio love-in.

Wtf is up your ass?

Id rather not say screw you to nt players that did nothing wrong and show passion when being subbed off.

Ok since you dont want the whole thread concentraded on bekker over osoorio lets move on to occean being left out.

Is that ok with you? We'll make sure to evenly talk about players and double check with you to make sure its within the confines of what you think is ok with this thread.

Archived