Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

Id rather not have an unattached player who couldnt even get minutes in leage one starting.

Im sure lots of players are hungry to play, doesnt mean theyre good enough to get a chance.

The way you simplify every analysis is mind boggling to me. Just because Simeon didn't get a lot minutes at Coventry doesn't mean he's a bad player and can't contribute to our NT. We know there was conflict with the manager and from all accounts it was Simeon standing up for what he thought was right that got him into that conflict. There could be injury issues that have held back over the last little while, who knows. He could sign a new deal tomorrow and be playing every game and scoring. The talent is there, he's shown it in the past so to write him off at this point is foolish. Besides who are you going to replace him with?

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way you simplify every analysis is mind boggling to me. Just because Simeon didn't get a lot minutes at Coventry doesn't mean he's a bad player and can't contribute to our NT. We know there was conflict with the manager and from all accounts it was Simeon standing up for what he thought was right that got him into that conflict. There could be injury issues that have held back over the last little while, who knows. He could sign a new deal tomorrow and be playing every game and scoring. The talent is there, he's shown it in the past so to write him off at this point is foolish. Besides who are you going to replace him with?

FTW

First name in the squad and on the team sheet. Ballou Tabla. 

The opponents are poor, he's young and very talented, a creative attacking midfield or wide player and Canada can cap-tie him. Absolute no-brainer.

Get rid of old players like Ledgerwood and Pacheco who've never achieved anything in the game and who never will. The youth is the future. 

If he wasn't good enough to get the chance, he would not have been called.

Talking about being good enough to start. Not get called up.

At the moment jackson is trialing for league one club barnsley and it doesnt even look like they are going to sign him.

id pick half a dozen players attached and playing regularly to start over ricketts before simeon.

im mind boggled as to how you came to the conclusion that i think sim is a bad player?

I never said anything about him being replaced on the roster by someone else. I never said anything about him being a bad player. I said i dont see why he should start and rather him not start. Especially over guys like osorio teibert akindele. I said lots of players may not be good enough, i should have specified their form wasnt good enough.

Whose saying he shouldnt be called up and whose saying to replace him on the 23 man roster? Not I.

And coventry is in the past. Im talking about current form. Not being worth the international spot at chicago. Not impressing on trial at leage one barnsley.

You're right. It is pretty simple. If you arent playing regulalrly id rather not have you start. Thought we were all about calling up plyrs who actually play

Talking about being good enough to start. Not get called up.

Whose saying he shouldnt be called up and whose saying to replace him on the 23 man roster? Not I.

Thought we were all about calling up plyrs who actually play

You're splitting hairs and sort of contradictory.

Unfourtunately when it comes to canada, its tough calling up 23 man rosters of players playing and in form. We dont have 23 of those players. Be it because of injuries, too many players at one position or simply not enough depth. Which is why simeon makes the 23. Doesnt mean he has to make the starting 11. Over players playing regularly.

Is JDG on his 3rd wind or something? Went from "maybe it's time to move on" to some pretty impressive displays for the Nats and almost a lock to be in the starting XI come WCQ.

Gotta hand it to him. Great little player. Hopefully here's okay for the next round!

Watch this--> https://amp.twimg.com/v/212bf7a9-4e47-4525-aff2-a037ec9a637b

Then tell me how Larin can be kept out of the starting XI. It is clear that if he gets any type of service up front he is lethal. If he gets any type of opening with the ball within shouting distance of the box he is a real threat.

I really hope that Floro starting Haber against Costa Rica was a one off and that Larin goes right back in there to start against Belize. This kid can be the difference.

Haber acquitted himself better than Larin at the Gold Cup. "The kid" can be the difference, but is inexperienced at the international level and seemed to be easily frustrated with the CONCACAF bullshit.

I hope Floro and Larin come to a better understanding of how best to work in the Canada system, but Larin will need to do better than he did at the Gold Cup to cement a starting spot just yet.

Haber acquitted himself better than Larin at the Gold Cup. "The kid" can be the difference, but is inexperienced at the international level and seemed to be easily frustrated with the CONCACAF bullshit.

I hope Floro and Larin come to a better understanding of how best to work in the Canada system, but Larin will need to do better than he did at the Gold Cup to cement a starting spot just yet.

Really? Haber was OK.. But he missed a couple chances that have to be burried for us to progress. For me would much rather perfer Larin, more creative and more dangerous with service. With atiba and Johnson back we would get better service to Larin on his feet.

I don't think any fans were thrilled with Haber's play, but he offered more than Larin. For those 3 games. I'd rather see Larin than Haber - he obviously has more potential - but it's too early to write his name in pen on every lineup card. I'd love to see Occean get into the next camp and offer a bit of competition.

Only one way to gain that "experience". I didn't see Haber pull off anything resembling what is contained in the highlight package posted. Did he fight and get himself in a good position here and there..okay, sure but he still had the same number of goals as Larin in the GC (or one less if you count Larin's gimme vs. El Sal).

Yeah, I get it, the international game is "different" and there's come CONCAF BS to deal with but in the end, Larin has that special something where in a split-second he can change the game in a moment of brilliance. Haber, not so much. For this reason, Larin gets the nod every time even now. It's clear Larin has the talent. I am sure the mental side will come around sooner rather than later. I'm not sure sitting him on the bench does him much good at this stage. There can hardly be any harm to putting him in. Throw him into the fire. You never know what might happen.

Haber is a tall target man who plays in a physical league so you can't discount that he brings a useful dimension to the games against Central American countries. That being said i'd prefer Larin, but Haber could end up being a useful player

Lots of players produce at club level and fail internationally. Larin didn't produce in 2 games and Floro was right to give Haber his chance. Let's hope it doesn't become a trend.

I don't care if Larin scores another 10 goals this season, I don't think I would start him as our #9 in the massive high pressure must score must win WCQ situation against Honduras in Nov. It's too much too soon and really its not fair to give a 20 year old rookie that responsibility.

Occean can and should bear that responsibility one more time. Hard to bench Larin tho. Maybe we can start him on the right wing in place of Ricketts.

I don't care if Larin scores another 10 goals this season, I don't think I would start him as our #9 in the massive high pressure must score must win WCQ situation against Honduras in Nov. It's too much too soon and really its not fair to give a 20 year old rookie that responsibility.

I strongly disagree. We should never intentionally not play a better striker in a must win game. Larin is the better option; we should play him. He is used to the pressure. He played "must win" games at the Gold Cup and has played against Dominica and will likely score in our upcomming must-win games against Belize. This is not too much to ask of him. It's why he's there.

Occean can and should bear that responsibility one more time.

Somewhat; he will be 34 years old in November. Perhaps as a late-game sub to provide fresh legs if Larin doesn't do the trick. Larin is the better starting option.

Scoring regularly in MLS > scoring regularly in Norway.

Also, Occean shouldn't be on the pitch with Larin; both are the type of striker that receives the cross "#9". It's either one-of Larin, Occean or Haber. I don't recall any of these players playing creatively in midfield.

FLORO must start Occean asap,    Larin is the future but he cant hold on the pressure  to lead the line, something  the old maddog Olivier Occean can ,  for me is the other way round ,   Occean to wear them out and then the flashing youngster

Larin is most definitely not used to the pressure. The Gold Cup is a JOKE compared to the pressure cooker that is WCQ. Inexperienced Canadian players NEVER produce in WCQ (against non-minnows).

As good as Larin is, I'm concerned he will mentally shit himself.

Our entire World Cup rides on that first Honduras home game. It's too soon for Larin. He'll only have been a pro for 8, 9 months in Nov.

Larin is most definitely not used to the pressure. The Gold Cup is a JOKE compared to the pressure cooker that is WCQ. Inexperienced Canadian players NEVER produce in WCQ (against non-minnows).

As good as Larin is, I'm concerned he will mentally shit himself.

Our entire World Cup rides on that first Honduras home game. It's too soon for Larin. He'll only have been a pro for 8, 9 months in Nov.

He showed tonight that he can't create his own chances, at least not yet. He isn't going to score in Floro's system against good teams.

He showed tonight that he can't create his own chances, at least not yet. He isn't going to score in Floro's system against good teams.

I don't know about that.  For a player that was double/triple teamed on every cross coming into him (fantastic shape by TFC in that aspect) he had quite a few chances... 3 shots (should be 4 by my count) with no support and he also nearly rounded Bendik if not for a nice stop at the feet.  I watched until the 70th minute and I thought Larin was good, actually convinced me that he should be starting for us undoubtedly in WCQ.  

He is the complete package.  He can hold the ball up, he can out pace defenders, he can improvise, he can head, he can finish from distance, he can finish on first touches with both feet, he can turn and play in team mates (that one play in the 2nd half where he held up turned and chipped a through ball was great) and most importantly he demands attention from multiple players, opening space for others.  The guy is an absolute handful for defenders and is the player we've been waiting for, he is starting.  Occean is good but he has never been a player like Larin, he isn't going to start to be that complete at 34.  Occean is a nice option if Larin is injured/suspended or off the bench, he should be in the squad. 

Let's be realistic, if Larin scored the sitter against ES this wouldn't even be a question at this point.  Great players miss, they move on.. Larin left the Gold Cup and scored 6 goals in his next 4 club games.  Let's hope the kid gets a few against Belize and gets his swagger back with us.

Archived