WCQ - Dominica at Canada, June 16, 2015 at BMO Field

Cblake

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised not to see Hainault and deJong. Don't know if either are injured. Attakora gets the bump up.

Obviously, great to see Will back. He's really far behind in learning our new system, so this will be an important week for him to catch up, even if he doesn't play too much. Weird to think that this is his first camp, under Floro.

Is it fair to say that Issey and Pacheco have been surpassed by the kiddies?

Is it fair to say that Issey and Pacheco have been surpassed by the kiddies?

Definitely. Especially with WJ back in the program - no need for another vet at the expense of Piette or Teibert. 

Same thing with Issey...we have REB, Akindele, Ricketts, who can all plaay on the the wing...even Teibert.

I would have liked to see Keven Aleman on the roster. He's playing regular minutes at an MLS level and scoring some goals, IMHO.

Nana Attakora is just going to be warming a bench, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape about that.

The only omission seems to be Cavallini, which we all expected.

I would have liked to see Keven Aleman on the roster. He's playing regular minutes at an MLS level and scoring some goals, IMHO.

Nana Attakora is just going to be warming a bench, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape about that.

The only omission seems to be Cavallini, which we all expected.

De jong also not called up bc of fitness.

No real complaints from me on the roster. A little surprised to see Hirschfeld in goal. Thought his time was done and that Monsalve or Roberts would get the call, but other than that, nothing else. Would have been nice to see Aleman or Trafford but realistically neither of them are a better option than the 5 called.

So Andre Hainault is the odd man out at the back. I haven't seen Nana play at all this year but I find it hard to believe he's somehow surpassed Andre. Hopefully this is a case of Andre deciding to sit this round out.

Only one pleasant surprise there clearly is Tesho.

I'm also shocked at the Hainault snub.  If you would have told me in 2007 that Hainault would be out of the 2015 GC/WCQ squad I would have guessed it would be in favour of some stud up and comers but James, Nana and Ouimette?  They are all decent but none for me has ever been in the class of Hainault.  Being realistic Nana has been out of favour for years now at the club level, Ouimette has been fortunate to receive minutes and James just started playing pro in Hungary this season.  I don't think one manager not favouring him should be enough to keep him out of the squad. 

But who knows, maybe he's sitting out or injured.  Ditto for Simeon but in his case he has some fairly established/stud prospects pushing him.

De jong also not called up bc of fitness.

No surprise, he's been struggling for fitness recently with SKC.

Starting to think Hainault's omission is football related. He'll enter the fray at some point you'd think but perhaps this is a wake up call for him to get it together on the club side. His competiton is Edgar and Jakovic and both are ahead of him right now both at the club and NT level. Attakora will always be depth so bringing him along for the ride instead of Hainault is not to say he's ahead of Andre in the pecking order - it's just to give depth guys a chance to taste WCQ. James and probably Ouimette in the same boat, but I think Karl is a much more serious candidate for real minutes this cycle.

No real complaints from me on the roster. A little surprised to see Hirschfeld in goal. Thought his time was done and that Monsalve or Roberts would get the call, but other than that, nothing else. Would have been nice to see Aleman or Trafford but realistically neither of them are a better option than the 5 called.

Goes to show how little faith Floro has in our young keepers, wouldn't you say?

Floro says this is 80% the roster to expect at the gold cup.

AKA 20% PLEASANT SUPRISES. START SPECULATING.

@CanadaSoccerEN: Floro: "I consider at 80% that this is the roster we will want to play for the #CONCACAF Gold Cup." #canMNT

No JACKSON!!! he just got released from coventry too.

Jackson hasn't impressed with the NT and lord knows he's not in form at the club level. I think it's time to come home brother.

Many MLS clubs would take a look at him based on his EPL and Championship days at Norwich. Never scored but played a half season of Bundesliga too. Now released from a league one team. That is a typical resume for an incoming MLS player from Europe, no?

Either way - he's not deserving at the moment. Maybe he signs over here and plays his way back on. We'll see.

I've thought this through, and I'm predicting a 4-2-3-1

------------------------------------Larin------------------------------------

---Akindele---------------------Osorio----------------------Ricketts---

------------------Johnson------------------Hutchinson-----------------

Morgan-------------Edgar-------------Ouimette-------Ledgerwood

----------------------------------Borjan------------------------------------

This is based more on lineup history, with the exception of Ouimette at CB. I also went fairly offensive minded in the lineup because of who the competition is.  I think Morgan and Ledgerwood will be the fullbacks based on the opponent, and that we will want guys capable of becoming wingback moving forward, especially given the abilities defensively on the left with Johnson, and on the right with Hutch to cover when needed.

I REALLY like Hutch and Johnson in the LDM roles, and RDM roles, because both are also capable moving forward in a pinch to add offence, and in this kind of a lineup, expect Morgan and Ledgerwood to be out wide a LOT, allowing Akindele and Ricketts to pinch into the middle.  Expect Hutch to be forward when Morgan is, and Johnson to be forward when Ledgerwood is.

This feels really balanced to me, I feel like this lineup is the most capable of goals.

JDG, Teibert, Haber and Piette most likely to sub on. 

Goes to show how little faith Floro has in our young keepers, wouldn't you say?

No, it's already been said that Roberts will be at the Pan Am games instead.  Makes more sense to stack a tournament team with your top 3 U23 keepers rather than back up Borjan. 

Archived